Journey of Water featuring Moana coming to Epcot

HauntedMansionFLA

Ah yes, hadn’t appreciated it would need staff that hadn’t yet been recruited. Including training, sounds like its still a way off :(
I’m not sure if there are going to be an educational component through this attraction similar to the trails over at DAK or just have cast members there to police the area.

TheMaxRebo

How many cast members need to be here, and how trained do they need to be though?
It's not a ride.
I think it just takes time to post for the role and then interview and assign the role, then do training (safety, crowd management, etc).

I agree the actual training shouldn't be *that* much but just to get the role assigned and posted in the scheduling takes time and they usually do that for blocks of time at a time

Vegas Disney Fan

retr0gate

This is not part of world celebration, it's part of world nature
Exactly this.

The placement is really not an issue, at least not in the context of new EPCOT. The attraction will be obscured by trees from World Celebration and the entrance will blend in with the foliage of the seas quite nicely. If anything, I'm just glad they're adding SOME distinction to these new "neighborhoods" instead of just slapping new names onto the pre-existing layout (which seemed to be the case for a while). I would hope that something called "World Nature" would be more dense with, well, nature and I really hope they double down to create an even more seamless transition between the land/ seas/ JoW.

Bocabear

This is not part of world celebration, it's part of world nature
Another part of the poor placement....It is right on the central court of World Celebration....rather than being place along the actual arcing thoroughfare that connects World Nature attractions. Also having Imagination not part of World Nature but clearly in the World Nature section also makes their breakdown of the "neighborhoods" ridiculous. This was all fixable before they started....

Fear

I feel that if they have the staffing for the front kiosk, they could theoretically just remove this wall and open the whole thing pretty soon.

1686773786929.png

Although I could see them waiting for more work to be done around where Bio put that 1. You'd be able to plainly see the construction from across the pool at the entrance, I bet.

lazyboy97o

Exactly this.

The placement is really not an issue, at least not in the context of new EPCOT. The attraction will be obscured by trees from World Celebration and the entrance will blend in with the foliage of the seas quite nicely. If anything, I'm just glad they're adding SOME distinction to these new "neighborhoods" instead of just slapping new names onto the pre-existing layout (which seemed to be the case for a while). I would hope that something called "World Nature" would be more dense with, well, nature and I really hope they double down to create an even more seamless transition between the land/ seas/ JoW.
Slapping new names onto the existing spatial organization is exactly what they’re doing. Disney themselves have messed up what is where because they haven’t created real distinctions that exist beyond a map.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom