Journey of Water featuring Moana coming to Epcot

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
I believe “walk-through experience” is the term Disney has applied to this. Because “experience” is the word all the hip and cool kids are using these days.

Bocabear

no, they are activating that space into an interactive journey experience...I think that uses most of the currently popular buzz words...lol

Epcot82Guy

I think it's 100% fair to call it an attraction. But, it is replacing something that had (in theory) larger capacity for the same general type of attraction. And, it then becomes fair to highlight the other attractions of Epcot that don't get much billing - like all the cultural representation in WS. But, it is fairly classified as an attraction.

The one argument I call total BS on is the shade argument. This attraction has far more less shade that its predecessor. As its predecessor was an indoor, air conditioned building.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Is the Disney Art Store that was displaced in the construction going to be put back in Journey of Water or the pumping station?

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Is the Disney Art Store that was displaced in the construction going to be put back in Journey of Water or the pumping station?

You may have the opportunity to look at artwork while you walk through, but Josh hasn't received the green light yet to inject pieces of art for sale into JoW. 🤞

abaker1975

Before I visited I really hadn't appreciated how "walled off" Epcot is. Will be in Florida again in September and we have decided to go visit Epcot to experience the F&W festival. Really hope the walls are gone as would really like to see what all this area is going to be like.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
Brilliant point. There's now an entire generation of people here who have no idea that excellence was ever the standard for Disney's parks.

Thus, they have no idea that their expectations and point of references have been stunted into mediocrity.

They think "mediocre" is fine, especially if it comes with a fawning YouTube video from a smarmy lifestyle blogger. :banghead:
To be honest, you're not wrong. I'm a generation that grew up with Food Rocks and Ellen's Energy Adventure...

...And I have VERY fond memories of both of those. :) lol!

But I also got my dosage of Maelstrom, Cranium Command and Body Wars...

I grew up waiting to be tall enough to finally ride OG Test Track. While I wish I could have experienced Horizons, that is just not what I grew up with. Still, even I long for an Epcot that was existing in the early 2000's. Which I think was still closer to classic Epcot than today's standards by a long shot.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Photo from today of that corner area.

IMG_4177.jpeg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom