Journey of Water featuring Moana coming to Epcot

Disstevefan1

Imagine a theme park with plentiful and comfortable seating that autonomously dropped you off in a merch store. Best of both worlds!!
Like a people mover!! Now THAT would have been a great addition to EPCOT!

We know Walts EPCOT had people movers all over the place, but the (post Walt) EPCOT Center had plans for people movers in EPCOT. Too bad.

tparris

From today
IMG_4190.jpeg
IMG_4191.jpeg
IMG_4193.jpeg
IMG_4197.jpeg
IMG_4201.jpeg

Bocabear

Why are you not counting the area under construction? That’s literally the area that’s solving the issue the most
I don't remember the central core being a place that people were desperate for benches...it was sort of all over, but mostly the outer rings... by the attractions where I saw people sitting on the lawns because there was not adequate seating... The central core was simply a crossroads... While I am thrilled there will be more seating in the central core as well.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Why are you not counting the area under construction? That’s literally the area that’s solving the issue the most

(Yes, this is being a bit petty with semantics)

The post you quoted with your response said: "Imagine a theme park that actually featured bountiful, comfortable places to sit and relax."

A theme park. A single area under construction does not a theme park make. Seating overall will still be woefully inadequate, and while adding benches in the area will be nice, there's a lot more of the park that needs it. One need look no further than during the near-year-round festivals.

James Alucobond

I don't remember the central core being a place that people were desperate for benches...it was sort of all over, but mostly the outer rings... by the attractions where I saw people sitting on the lawns because there was not adequate seating... The central core was simply a crossroads... While I am thrilled there will be more seating in the central core as well.
fw_seating.png

Bocabear

That's how memory works sometimes...and now that i see the pictures, yes, I do recall this...
In general there was a lack of seating ...most specifically for the big events...
It is great to have food kiosks around the world, but when there is no place to sit, and you end up teetering your plate on a garbage can as I have seen constantly there, it is also a huge problem... Perhaps there could be several "beer garden" areas... like 4 of them around the lake that they could carve out with tables, seating and shade... I know I would be more apt to purchase food if I didn't have to walk with it...

Disstevefan1

I am not following closely. Is it true that the Moana area will get seating?

If so that's great! It gives me a place to sit down and eat my F&W $15 food sample.

Disstevefan1

I highly doubt any seating will be inside the attraction/walkthrough. This is supposed to be "come check it out then move along" not "sit and chill with festival food"
I wasn't asking about inside the attraction.

I was asking about around the area. I was just asking. It's still hard for me to see whats what in the current construction site.

Bocabear

I highly doubt any seating will be inside the attraction/walkthrough. This is supposed to be "come check it out then move along" not "sit and chill with festival food"
I think that was a joke... It is also not even remotely close to where the Festival Food is... I don't see people getting their $15 food sample and hiking back up to the front of the park to find a bench in reality...

dmw

In the Parks
No
I think that was a joke... It is also not even remotely close to where the Festival Food is... I don't see people getting their $15 food sample and hiking back up to the front of the park to find a bench in reality...
in 2019 there were food festival booths close to that area both during the Arts festival and Food and Wine festival...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom