Journey of Water featuring Moana coming to Epcot

tparris

Lol
IMG_3911.jpeg

Bocabear

The Land and The Seas have always been focused on inspiring people, not reciting a basic elementary school lesson without any context. Not sure why anyone is getting jazzed up about a little picture of the water cycle.
I think it is more about the placement of that little picture....and the Moana theming which feels completely and utterly wrong for this park... I would have no problem with this as it is if it were connected to The Living Seas.... Around the side of the Living Seas or in back of the Living Seas... Just not in the central plaza where is makes absolutely no sense.

James Alucobond

The Land and The Seas have always been focused on inspiring people, not reciting a basic elementary school lesson without any context. Not sure why anyone is getting jazzed up about a little picture of the water cycle.
The inspiration is supposed to be in the interaction, with the placards providing accompanying background. While it's too early to know if it will be anything all that special or inspiring, it's probably also too early to be completely down on everything about this attraction.

doctornick

The inspiration is supposed to be in the interaction, with the placards providing accompanying background. While it's too early to know if it will be anything all that special or inspiring, it's probably also too early to be completely down on everything about this attraction.

Yep. A lot of classic Epcot that people love around here was relatively simple concepts but with inspiring messaging. I mean, as an example, the history lesson in Spaceship Earth is pretty basic and superficial but it how it is presented that is awesome.

I have no idea how effective JoW will be in terms of doing this - I have some skepticism that it will achieve the right balance of information/engagement/inspiration - but intrinsically the idea of presenting the water cycle at Epcot absolutely fits.

Weather_Lady

I appreciate that so many people are undertaking an earnest and thoughtful appraisal of the Moana walkthrough. As for me, at this point, I don't care anymore if "Journey of Water" is nothing more than some themed port-a-potties, or if the rest of the hub re-do consists of a concrete patio with a single potted ficus (both of which would be only slightly greater downgrades to the original EPCOT reimagining plans than the current projects). The hub has been an unsightly mess of dirt and construction debris for years now. I JUST WANT THE WALLS DOWN!

dreday3

Was at Epcot numerous times the past 2 weeks and I couldn't see over the walls so I didn't feel bad that it wasn't open for our trip. It's good to be short. 😂

James Alucobond

So, given the new forms and the height of the storm drain (?) directly behind it, I suppose the triangular thing is at least partially a retaining wall. Just interested to see if it’s a terraced planter of some kind or if it actually incorporates seating somewhere.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom