Journey of Water featuring Moana coming to Epcot

James Alucobond

View attachment 711104

Because Moana fits with Adventureland not Epcot.

Also the front of the park is supposed to be about edutainment (at least it was) and have things that actually exist like marine life. That has seemed to be thrown out the window though. And now they are just putting things in wherever they want.
Characters can fit multiple places. Nemo is already in both Animal Kingdom and EPCOT. And this is the most edutainment-forward thing that has gone into the park lately since it centers on the water cycle with the character being supplementary.

tparris

Hoping the rolling planters on the side indicate some additional walls will be dropping soon.
Those same rolling planters were actually behind the walls yesterday, in the exit pathway of Journey of Water. I’m curious what their use will be, and the fact that they’re rolling planters rather than walls makes me wonder how long it’ll be until we may have a clear view into Moana from the Seas area.

Disstevefan1

You're not going to see IP-less attractions pretty much anymore in any theme park. Time to reset expectations.
resetExpectations.jpg

James Alucobond

Those same rolling planters were actually behind the walls yesterday, in the exit pathway of Journey of Water. I’m curious what their use will be, and the fact that they’re rolling planters rather than walls makes me wonder how long it’ll be until we may have a clear view into Moana from the Seas area.
I'm hoping they just move the rolling planters in front of Journey of Water's entrance/exit walkway and modify the walls like so, though some landscaping and paving still need to happen to make this possible:
wall_modification.png

Disstevefan1

🤣 That would be interesting since "The Backside of Water" has already been done for the Jungle Cruise your suggestion would be an interesting current day twist. Even though not in line with the theming.
They have the "Behind the seeds" tour at the land pavilion. Very nice backstage tour.
I was just using the same play on the words. I would like to see Moana do this; I would do it. They put so much work into this, I think it's worth its own tour.

Universal has several free mini backstage tours.

GimpYancIent

Water from the Fountain of Nations was collected (to be retained) prior to its being removed. Assuming the water has not evaporated by now or otherwise unceremoniously been disposed of it would be interesting if there will be some PR ceremony incorporating the saved water from the Fountain of Nations with the water being cycled for the Journey of Water?

tparris

Water from the Fountain of Nations was collected (to be retained) prior to its being removed. Assuming the water has not evaporated by now or otherwise unceremoniously been disposed of it would be interesting if there will be some PR ceremony incorporating the saved water from the Fountain of Nations with the water being cycled for the Journey of Water?
I thought the FoN water was supposedly used for the new entrance fountain? Or was it the cut “Story Fountain”?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom