Journey of Water featuring Moana coming to Epcot

J4546

I was never in favor of the Moana walk through in EPCOT (this is just my opinion) but since I am a fan of the Rock, I am looking forward to the live action version of Moana (this is just my opinion).
its funny cause im the opposite. I am looking forward to the JoW walkthrough but am not looking forward to the live Moana with the Rock. I do like the Rock mostly though but some of his movies are bleh

flynnibus

Premium Member
I haven't been following this project closely.. but those aerial shots from a few weeks ago.. showing the infrastructure facility? Holy cow that's huge. I mean.. I know it's going to be a lot of pumps, but how much water is going to be in this thing? That looks as big as you see in water parks, etc. The wife runs commercial pools and when there are multiples in the building they are still smaller than that :)

I assume that walking path that is currently under the monorail beam and basically directly adjacent to the facility is not going to remain in service in the final plan right? It looks like the path to between the facility and the moana area is the only path that will be guest accessible? Otherwise, that path is damn close.

Still really curious why this is an open air facility... remember when Disney used to put this stuff underground or elsewhere? :/

James Alucobond

I haven't been following this project closely.. but those aerial shots from a few weeks ago.. showing the infrastructure facility? Holy cow that's huge. I mean.. I know it's going to be a lot of pumps, but how much water is going to be in this thing? That looks as big as you see in water parks, etc. The wife runs commercial pools and when there are multiples in the building they are still smaller than that :)

I assume that walking path that is currently under the monorail beam and basically directly adjacent to the facility is not going to remain in service in the final plan right? It looks like the path to between the facility and the moana area is the only path that will be guest accessible? Otherwise, that path is damn close.

Still really curious why this is an open air facility... remember when Disney used to put this stuff underground or elsewhere? :/
That path will close, yes. It will be fully landscaped, with the only remaining access being a vehicle path to the pump facility.

As for why it's above ground, it's likely because they reason that it will be hidden regardless. They're building up a berm around it, which will likely continue behind the facility, between it and the monorail, all but completely obscuring it from view. Also, it looks like there are some open-air reservoirs built into the facility, so I wonder if the way that it works might actually play into both the theme of the attraction and the spirit of World Nature as well. Like, does it perhaps recycle rainwater?

flynnibus

Premium Member
That path will close, yes. It will be fully landscaped, with the only remaining access being a vehicle path to the pump facility.

As for why it's above ground, it's likely because they reason that it will be hidden regardless. They're building up a berm around it, which will likely continue behind the facility, between it and the monorail, all but completely obscuring it from view. Also, it looks like there are some open-air reservoirs built into the facility, so I wonder if the way that it works might actually play into both the theme of the attraction and the spirit of World Nature as well. Like, does it perhaps recycle rainwater?

Hidden from ground - but not from the marquee attraction (monorail) running right by it. Just look at things like the fountain of nations, etc.. all that infrastructure was hidden away from guests.

Rainwater would be collected and then stored, not just intermixed freely - that would mess up your levels and chemical balances. The thing is setup more like a water treatment plant... maybe there will be some narrative about some form of earth-friendly water treatment and it becomes part of the showcase itself.

James Alucobond

Hidden from ground - but not from the marquee attraction (monorail) running right by it. Just look at things like the fountain of nations, etc.. all that infrastructure was hidden away from guests.
I think it will actually be largely hidden from the monorail too, but we shall see. The couple of remaining trees on the opposite side pretty easily block out a lot even at monorail level, and they've been doing a good job of introducing tall, mature landscaping thus far with this project.

Bocabear

I may be in the minority on these boards but I like the new Epcot
Oh, you're the one..... LOL
I like the Communicore East renovation... And Guardians, though honestly in what feels like the wrong park, is a lot of fun and very well done. Ratatouille ride was in my opinion, a perfect ride for World Showcase... Other than that, the rest of the renovation is a huge mess of mis-placed things and senseless destruction...and years and years of construction for very little payback

J4546

Oh, you're the one..... LOL
I like the Communicore East renovation... And Guardians, though honestly in what feels like the wrong park, is a lot of fun and very well done. Ratatouille ride was in my opinion, a perfect ride for World Showcase... Other than that, the rest of the renovation is a huge mess of mis-placed things and senseless destruction...and years and years of construction for very little payback
I like the Communicore redo
I like the GotGthe ride, its great and exciting and much needed new E-ticket in epcot
RAT is great and well placed
Space 220 I love
The Geletaria was good but thats a minor thing
The new entrance/fountain/SSE lighting is amazing
Harmonious is good at night but horrendous during the day (thankfully they are rectifying that)

I will agree its taking way too long for the center spine but Im def looking forward to all the greenery and think it will be a massive improvement over what was there

JoW Im into. Cant wait to see it finally done
and the new Communicor plaza Im more in favor of than the original table building concept

All in all, Im pretty happy with it

Incomudro

I like the Communicore redo
I like the GotGthe ride, its great and exciting and much needed new E-ticket in epcot
RAT is great and well placed
Space 220 I love
The Geletaria was good but thats a minor thing
The new entrance/fountain/SSE lighting is amazing
Harmonious is good at night but horrendous during the day (thankfully they are rectifying that)

I will agree its taking way too long for the center spine but Im def looking forward to all the greenery and think it will be a massive improvement over what was there

JoW Im into. Cant wait to see it finally done
and the new Communicor plaza Im more in favor of than the original table building concept

All in all, Im pretty happy with it
For me the only big miss in what they did were the Harmonious Barges.
Those should never have been green lit.
I don't like how the Guardians box couldn't be incorporated - that'd be my other miss - though that impact will be reduced when the barges are gone.
The barges and box compounded the negatives of that view.
Otherwise, yes - love what they did with France, love the Skyliner there too - and Rat.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom