Journey of Water featuring Moana coming to Epcot

eddie104

From artwork and official statements at D23 Expo, Journey of Water Featuring Moana, Presented by Dasani seems to be a short walk-thru thing past water features and small waterfalls and pop-jet fountains themed vaguely to Polynesia but also the Earth in general.

I would classify that as definitely below the C Ticket experience of Tom Sawyer Island with the rafts and big island/caves/fort to explore. I would classify it as slightly more exciting than the A Ticket of Disneyland's Main Street Cinema, even after they got their butts handed to them by bad press a few months ago and had to remove the souvenirs made in Communist China and add some benches for good will.

But I'm not sure I could elevate it to the B Ticket status of a spinner like Teacups or a Carousel. It also appears to be less involved than the B Ticket Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse (Orlando, Tokyo, Paris) or Tarzan's Treehouse (Anaheim, Hong Kong). It appears to be a themed A Ticket walk-thru, although a good one like Disneyland's Sleeping Beauty Castle Diorama walk-thru.

I'm sure it will be a fun 5 minute stroll, like Disneyland's Castle Diorama is. My concern is that it's being installed in the swamps of Orlando, and so within 30 days it is going to smell like mildew. And within 90 days the most complicated features will be broken and turned off.

And it will still smell like mildew. :confused:
So your basically guessing like everyone else got it. :p

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I dunno. Is Swiss Family Treehouse an attraction? ...

Disney considers it an attraction.

NiarrNDisney

IMHO as to the question of if this is really an attraction and if it's relevant I have to say yes on both. Attractions/Exhibits around the parks that allow the guest to wander around freely at their own pace are for some a great way to relax, others (kiddos) to run off their energy and for all to maybe learn something.

Examples of other attractions like this:
Discovery Island Trails
Maharajah Jungle Trek
Pangani Forest Exploration Trails
Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse
Tarzan Treehouse
Tom Sawyer Island

On another note, what a great lead up to The Seas w/ Nemo and Co. I can totally see the vision of having guests walk through a jungle like area eventually leading to lava fields and sand/coral (with some pesky Mine mine mine Gulls) to then go "under" water to experience Sea life in the pavilion. I think it's a nice way to add some movement and flow while adding a more natural environment to an area already heavy with cement covered pathways, static buildings and empty courtyards looking over still reflection ponds.

Ponderer

That post just made my whole night. Thank you! It sums up every plotline to almost every Disney/Pixar movie of the last 5 years.

It's all just so... boring and predictable.

Yeah! Every film except Inside Out, Up!, The Good Dinosaur, Coco, Incredibles 2, Toy Story 4, Wreck-It Ralph 1 and 2, Monsters University, Big Hero 6, the upcoming Onward and Soul, but other than that, it's EXACTLY THE SAME EVERY TIME. :p

Bocabear

This is all really nice looking but I can't help but think it's lacking one very important detail. Rails and barriers to prevent guests from taking a swim or rock climbing...
YES!! It is also missing curbs on the sidewalk, and where did that hundred acre forest come from? Now add about 100 people to that image and 75 strollers and an ODV cart and you are getting closer.
This all reminds me of the art for Pandora that was going to feature moving plants that would interact with the guests, Footpaths that would glow with your footprints in a veritable barrier free wilderness setting... The reality is, without the forest backdrop and the safety and code measures in place....and average crowds,
Journey of crowding.jpg
it is going to look completely different...

WDWFREAK53

YES!! It is also missing curbs on the sidewalk, and where did that hundred acre forest come from? Now add about 100 people to that image and 75 strollers and an ODV cart and you are getting closer.
This all reminds me of the art for Pandora that was going to feature moving plants that would interact with the guests, Footpaths that would glow with your footprints in a veritable barrier free wilderness setting... The reality is, without the forest backdrop and the safety and code measures in place....and average crowds, View attachment 403227 it is going to look completely different...
Ya know...I was really disappointed with the lack of glowing footprints in Pandora. What happened to them?

trainplane3

It`s almost like Futureworld never had lovely, lush, water based landscaping

View attachment 403241
That's a new rendering obviously. Bob said he's heard the cries about lack of shade and he's bringing it back by tearing down a A/C'd building, planting more trees, more concrete, and a bunch of winding paths that will take more time to get places then direct paths.

Stop complaining. Bob's right.

🤮

Mainahman

That's a new rendering obviously. Bob said he's heard the cries about lack of shade and he's bringing it back by tearing down a A/C'd building, planting more trees, more concrete, and a bunch of winding paths that will take more time to get places then direct paths.

Stop complaining. Bob's right.

🤮
Katiebug would approve

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom