Journey of Water featuring Moana coming to Epcot

bUU

You, putting yourself outside looking in, even shielded in your armor of feigned-righteous indignation - that's what will be the most pitiful.
Pretty sure the indignation isn’t feigned.
I'm sure. I said that the righteousness of the indignation was feigned. I'm sure you'd disagree with that as well, but what else would you say?

bUU

You’re forgetting the rules here:

1. Everything older is genius.
2. Everything about which Walt so much as uttered a word is sacred and touching it is sacrilege.
2. Disney hasn’t kept up with anything in 30 years. Attractions are in desperate need of refreshes.
2b. All refreshes are bad unless they are precise restorations and bring back Horizons.
3. Characters are bad.
3a. Get FP to take pics with characters.
4. Once Disney makes an original movie with original characters, it’s no longer original; and using those characters in the parks would be unoriginal and lazy.
5. People who like characters in the park are simpleton Neanderthals who can’t possibly grasp the concept of [obsessive] theming.
6. People who think throwing out the most basic facts you probably already know at Epcot is “edutainment” are brainiac nerd spelling bee champions. People who find those basic facts boring are one step away from skid row.
7. Complain about new attractions from the moment concept art is released.
7a. Complain when same attraction closes; get the t-shirt, watch videos of it every day.
8. If you don’t like what I like, you must be dumb.
9. Theme parks are as much art as opera, and highbrow snobbery is warranted in discussing fake singing bears, fake talking mice, fake representations of Europe, and fake moose getting their tongues frozen to poles.
10. Criticism makes you sound smarter.
Brilliant summary.

bUU

You don’t use schematic designs for construction...
The process of construction is being revisited (like the processes of most industries) these days. I doubt Disney has adopted Agistruct or anything like it, but I wouldn't put it past them to begin weaving Lean concepts into their concept-design-build processes.

bUU

1. He didn’t use rationalization there. Nonsensical or otherwise.
Claiming to know what others want is a rationalization.

2. “Predispose...as such” : how can you know what he’s thinking or why?
Because of the meaning of the words in the posts posted. I didn't say anything about "why".

3. “Armor of Blah blah blah” I appreciate you feel passionate about your opinion. You’re entitled to it. As someone else said, I don’t think he’s feigning anything.
Again, I never said about feigning of the feelings or of the opinions - my reference to "feigning" has to do with the claimed objective foundation for the opinion.

4. Consider using flowery language only when it perfectly describes or illuminates your point.
My comments are precise, not "flowery".

Consider commenting on my writing when you agree with me. Doing so when you disagree with me just makes it look like you're desperate for nasty things to say in respsonse to comments you don't like but for which you don't have a legitimate reply.

5. Your opinion is valid. So is his.
Yes, our opinions are always valid. His objective claims may or may not be, and I'll point out when opinions are presented as objective claims: Again, this is the difference between saying what one doesn't like versus saying someone else did something wrong.

6. Going back to a previous point of yours: Disney’s track record (not history) shows it is perfectly capable of mediocrity or worse.
Rarely, but it seems some of you are glass-half-empty people and, I'll say it again, predispose yourselves to being disappointed by whatever you encounter. Again, refer back to the excellent set of Rules Tony posted above. They are truly perfect.

Primeval Whirl, for example is ...
One of my spouse's favorites.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I've posted several times about why entitlement mentality bothers me. It not only locks you out of enjoying what you claim you want to enjoy, but it baselessly taints the casual readers' perception of what is being offered to them as well.
Take it to a shrinks forum then.

WDWMagic forum posting rule #4. First sentence. There’s a handy link at the bottom of the page if you can’t find it.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Claiming to know what others want is a rationalization.

Because of the meaning of the words in the posts posted. I didn't say anything about "why".

Again, I never said about feigning of the feelings or of the opinions - my reference to "feigning" has to do with the claimed objective foundation for the opinion.

My comments are precise, not "flowery".

Consider commenting on my writing when you agree with me. Doing so when you disagree with me just makes it look like you're desperate for nasty things to say in respsonse to comments you don't like but for which you don't have a legitimate reply.

Yes, our opinions are always valid. His objective claims may or may not be, and I'll point out when opinions are presented as objective claims: Again, this is the difference between saying what one doesn't like versus saying someone else did something wrong.

Rarely, but it seems some of you are glass-half-empty people and, I'll say it again, predispose yourselves to being disappointed by whatever you encounter. Again, refer back to the excellent set of Rules Tony posted above. They are truly perfect.

One of my spouse's favorites.
Very excited for you to go off the deep end again. Quite frankly I’m surprised you were given another chance to post here.

mgf

Oh come on now, this is just ridiculous, you really expect Disney to do something like this? There is no way they are going to spend the money for statue when a flat cutout would be sufficient. ;)

I have posted these before, but honestly something like this could fit the concept art and EPCOT's history of elaborate gardens.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
I'm sure. I said that the righteousness of the indignation was feigned. I'm sure you'd disagree with that as well, but what else would you say?
Considering you’ll find issue with anyone that challenges your alleged brilliance (or that you have no idea what is or isn’t “feigned”), we’ll just stick with your being a bell end....

RadiatorSpringsRacer

Should note that zero of the concept art thus far has actually had any of the Moana characters present in this experience/attraction/whatever.

Te Fiti can be seen on the back of the poster. But your bigger point is true - this doesn't look like something that's going to shout "BUY MOANA MERCH" at you every five seconds.

That said, I can see others' points about it not totally jiving with the look of the Seas pavilion and/or being better placed somewhere else.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
1. He didn’t use rationalization there. Nonsensical or otherwise.
2. “Predispose...as such” : how can you know what he’s thinking or why?
3. “Armor of Blah blah blah” I appreciate you feel passionate about your opinion. You’re entitled to it. As someone else said, I don’t think he’s feigning anything.
4. Consider using flowery language only when it perfectly describes or illuminates your point. The vast majority of the time it doesn’t predispose anyone to perceive you as smarter or wiser. Just pretentious.
5. Your opinion is valid. So is his.
6. Going back to a previous point of yours: Disney’s track record (not history) shows it is perfectly capable of mediocrity or worse. It is also capable of brilliance. Judge each to your tastes. Primeval Whirl, for example is far from brilliant. I still think it’s a lot of fun when it spins. In contrast, I believe the waterfront seating area near Flame Tree to be an understated masterpiece of landscape, theme and waterscape design that improves the more I examine it.
But that’s my taste.
It’s been amateur hour for two days already...Disneycon has really scrambled his/her brainwaves for some reason
Brilliant summary.
Except it’s near completely wrong...and as always when somebody’s “got nuttin’” is overly patronizing in lieu of reason.
I've posted several times about why entitlement mentality bothers me. It not only locks you out of enjoying what you claim you want to enjoy, but it baselessly taints the casual readers' perception of what is being offered to them as well.
Entitlement mentality is a problem...

What also is THE problem is defense of the stock monolith’s every move without tolerating descent or opposing view. Because many are missteps. Simply “give me whatever and charge me whatever” is completely altering why we (including you) love it in the first place. And not because the newer generations are “more wise” in their desires. ...Shirley, ye jest??
Very excited for you to go off the deep end again. Quite frankly I’m surprised you were given another chance to post here.
We need a lifeguard already...where’s the Hoff when you need him?

BlakeW39

To those that say Moana "is popular now, but will die off eventually,"

you're wrong.

Moana was a great film. Great films are remembered and become classics. Let's take a look at the facts.

Since the term 'great' is subjective, for the sake of argument we will attribute to it the meaning of high critical reception and auduence reception.

Disney's great films tend to occur in waves which have themselves happened at all times throughoit the company's history. Early films such as Cinderella and Bambi, to Jungle Book, all the way to Aladdin and the Lion King; they've all become classics because they were great films remembered as such. There were films which were popular but not critically successful, or films then were the latter but yet did not garner so much money.

We can look at the past and see this fact and observe that Moana like all other popular and good films will become a classic.

This same argument works when we examine franchises such as Avatar, in that it did not maintain popularity, or GotG, in that it certainly will.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom