Journey of Water featuring Moana coming to Epcot

Centauri Space Station

no, what I am shrieking about is tearing out buildings that hosted attractions and could do that again, and rather than update and fix, it was torn down and now less attractions, increasing prices and the replacement is landscaping ...
Yes, I too love botanical gardens and beautifully landscaped areas, but they are the supporting cast... Not the stars of a theme park...
Well they haven’t houses attractions in 7 years and what they had was at best found at a children’s museum

TikibirdLand

Well they haven’t houses attractions in 7 years and what they had was at best found at a children’s museum
You see, that's the problem. Children's museums throughout the US learned from the edutainment that EPCoT was doing and mimic ed it. Because of the stagnation of Future World, they caught up while EPCoT deteriorated. This was echoed at DisneyQuest and the exact same fate befell it. Museums throughout the US had better learn that lesson too. You've got to stay relevant.

James Alucobond

Tearing down the north side of Tomorrowland for a field would be great too, right?
I would liken it more to tearing down the Stitch building for, say, a WALL-E "Seeds of Tomorrow" walkthrough garden. You'd be revitalizing a dormant space and (maybe?) providing new views of Space Mountain, but you'd be compromising the architectural integrity of the original promenade, eliminating shade, and punting on creating a true attraction.

Bocabear

I would liken it more to tearing down the Stitch building for, say, a WALL-E "Seeds of Tomorrow" walkthrough garden. You'd be revitalizing a dormant space and (maybe?) providing new views of Space Mountain, but you'd be compromising the architectural integrity of the original promenade, eliminating shade, and punting on creating a true attraction.
This is EXACTLY what they did...

Naplesgolfer

I know this project gets alot of hate but I do really like watching them build rock structures. Both Carsland and GE were really fun following their construction and seeing the rock formations take shape. Looking forward to these as well. Yes, I am a nerd haha.
I am sure it will look nice in the end. But still a poor use of resources given what the park really needs. TWDC choices baffle me.

dmw

In the Parks
No
I know this project gets alot of hate but I do really like watching them build rock structures. Both Carsland and GE were really fun following their construction and seeing the rock formations take shape. Looking forward to these as well. Yes, I am a nerd haha.
I love watching all of the construction - my favorite part of following WDW Magic. Pandora was really cool to follow, with the floating rocks.

mysto

Was a terrible stench coming from behind the walls the other day. It was like a really bad sewage smell with everyone kind of looking at one another as the smell hit.
They found the secret source of mousegears stench! At last chappy has found the ultimate motherlode! It will be on display in the festival center and all will bow to his might!

Hopefully mousegears smells better now...

MaximumEd

They found the secret source of mousegears stench! At last chappy has found the ultimate motherlode! It will be on display in the festival center and all will bow to his might!

Hopefully mousegears smells better now...
If memory serves, that wasn’t the smelly place. It was in the hallway behind Club Cool that you could cut through to get to Land and Seas.

dsinclair

You see, that's the problem. Children's museums throughout the US learned from the edutainment that EPCoT was doing and mimic ed it. Because of the stagnation of Future World, they caught up while EPCoT deteriorated. This was echoed at DisneyQuest and the exact same fate befell it. Museums throughout the US had better learn that lesson too. You've got to stay relevant.
Do you have any links that establishes this relationship? Epcot feels like a childrens and science museum combined, both of which had long been established in the US as institutions of learning and play.

TikibirdLand

Do you have any links that establishes this relationship? Epcot feels like a childrens and science museum combined, both of which had long been established in the US as institutions of learning and play.
Wikipedia attributes the term to Walt Disney in 1954. The concept was knocked around outside of WED as something called Elysian World in 1975. I don't have much detail on what that project contained. But, it appears that epcot was first to embrace this as actual exhibit space. Are you aware of earlier attempts at Edutainment outside of movies and media?

dsinclair

Wikipedia attributes the term to Walt Disney in 1954. The concept was knocked around outside of WED as something called Elysian World in 1975. I don't have much detail on what that project contained. But, it appears that epcot was first to embrace this as actual exhibit space. Are you aware of earlier attempts at Edutainment outside of movies and media?
This is essentially the ethos of a childrens museum, the first of which opened in Brooklyn in 1899 with the mission to informally educate children through entertainment, interactivity, and play. So Walt may have coined the term, but I don't think he invented this philosophy of education.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom