Journey of Water featuring Moana coming to Epcot

djkidkaz

Does anyone know what this is actually supposed to be? I’m under the impression it’s just a walk around area maze like area with artificial rockwork and small waterfalls. Are you walking around and touching things to make stuff happen like water fountains jump or rocks to glow or something?

What is this supposed to be? What am I supposed to take away from this experience as the guest? I feel like there has been little to no information released on what this experience is, which is usually never a good sign.

Centauri Space Station

Does anyone know what this is actually supposed to be? I’m under the impression it’s just a walk around area maze like area with artificial rockwork and small waterfalls. Are you walking around and touching things to make stuff happen like water fountains jump or rocks to glow or something?

What is this supposed to be? What am I supposed to take away from this experience as the guest? I feel like there has been little to no information released on what this experience is, which is usually never a good sign.
It’s interactive so probably will have censors to trigger water effects and teach about the water cycle

Patcheslee

It can double as the 2nd challenge of Drink Around the World: walk through without getting lost.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
That's basically what they've said and showed in the art.

Tho, it won't be an actual 'maze.'

At best, it's meant to show the Water Cycle we all learned in fifth grade Earth Science with a light nod to Moana. At worst it's just pretty fountains and water features with a light nod to Moana.

EPCOT already has pretty fountains and water features coming out the wazoo in 'Future World West.' From the dancing fountains by Imagination, to the 'backwards waterfall' to the series of decorative ponds leading to The Seas.

I don't ever recall folks hating on those already-existing water features or showing the height of human intelligence by typing a bunch of Zs to show disdain for such water features. But, you know, we live in an age of misplaced anger and people tripping over themselves to show their theme park snobbery, while at the same time, their wild inconsistency (existing water features -- not a problem! adding new water features -- disaster!!).

I understand the criticism of knocking down Innoventions West for it. I don't understand the hatred for it as a water feature, and the proclamation it doesn't belong, since it adds to what's already there, which apparently hasn't been problematic up until this point.

If a Figment topiary was added to the dancing fountains by Imagination, would that suddenly make that water feature horrible?

If it isn't executed well, I promise to hate it. If it's executed well, I'll like it.

Bocabear

My problem with the whole thing revolves around tearing down the building and putting this vaguely Polynesian Cartoon Character themed water discovery area in the hub of the park... If it were pushed back and spanned the secondary path between the Land Pavilion and Living Seas, it would make more sense to me...Though honestly, none of what they have done with the "Neighborhoods" seems to make any sense... I am sure a lot of this comes from not releasing the corresponding information to know how all this is going to shake out in the end... But it still seems odd to have this Journey Of Water feature as the first thing when entering the hub area...

WDWJoeG

My problem with the whole thing revolves around tearing down the building and putting this vaguely Polynesian Cartoon Character themed water discovery area in the hub of the park... If it were pushed back and spanned the secondary path between the Land Pavilion and Living Seas, it would make more sense to me...Though honestly, none of what they have done with the "Neighborhoods" seems to make any sense... I am sure a lot of this comes from not releasing the corresponding information to know how all this is going to shake out in the end... But it still seems odd to have this Journey Of Water feature as the first thing when entering the hub area...
Should I be Celebrating it? Or Discovering it? Or because it's related to Nature, should I just look at it? I'm so confused.

BubbaisSleep

I'd imagining it being like the simple effects you find at Volcano Bay but being a hand sensor instead.

Sounds like enjoyable, free effects that would benefit a land like Pandora instead of Epcot's hub.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom