Journey of Water featuring Moana coming to Epcot

ppete1975

I don't know... Forty years is a long time.
There still isn't a Hawaiian Princess, and Mickey on the walls of a store isn't a stretch.
Marvel, yes - I agree that would be a tough one.
well in 1983 disney characters were non existant (outside of maybe a few mickey stuffed animals.. and I dont even know if they were there)... i was 8. So to think it is now full of disney characters would be pretty jarring.

Incomudro

well in 1983 disney characters were non existant (outside of maybe a few mickey stuffed animals.. and I dont even know if they were there)... i was 8. So to think it is now full of disney characters would be pretty jarring.
I don't know... I personally wouldn't call Epcot full of Disney characters now, though they are certainly there.
I also don't know if someone form '83 would find that jarring now.
I never understood/considered Epcot a place where Disney characters shouldn't be.
Matter of fact, I found the lack of them to be odd.
Now, Epcot in general being a place where edutainment no longer exists - yes that'd be jarring.
Current Epcot is nothing lie its former self.

Disstevefan1

Some of that could just be because of the supply chain issues and wanting something to fill out the store space... but that's still unacceptable IMO.

They'd be better off temporarily closing it than stuffing it full of Marvel (or Star Wars, or Avatar, or whatever else) toys.
It sure does feel they just look in the back and just put whatever they got out on the pegs. Why not? EPCOT is mostly a year round food festival with an attraction or two now…. RIP EPCOT Center…

WDWJoeG

they could have the fire extinguisher scene occasionally in space 220. They could have a walle driving around interacting with guests. You could teach recycling, sustainability even electric vehicles through edutainment using him. He really should be a part of future world even as they move away from edutainment.
How about having him teach one of the key lessons of the movie that is more relevant to the WDW tourist - the perils of comfort, laziness, and obesity?

ppete1975

How about having him teach one of the key lessons of the movie that is more relevant to the WDW tourist - the perils of comfort, laziness, and obesity?
Ive thought about that before they went with the play pavillion that walle would have been great for a health pavillion alongside baymax ANOTHER CHARACTER THAT SHOULD BE IN EPCOT... if IP is the direction youre at.

No Name

EPCOT was created by a committee after Walt died. And they completely jettisoned what Walt wanted to do. And their business model collapsed in on itself (expecting others to pay for pavilions and their major refreshes in perpetuum).

What is and isn't in the spirit of "what Walt wanted" reminds me of sectarian divisions of religions.
If the corporation sponsor thing were still strong, the sponsors would probably play a heavy hand over imagineering, and we’d have a couple too many rather heartless branding and marketing exercises like Test Track v2. I’m big on the “theme” part of theme parks, but I think I’d take a Guardians coaster over a propaganda machine from a bad company, if I had to pick between the two.

UNCgolf

Nemo could work in the Seas if we weren't searching for Nemo and Dory. Have it be a Mr. Ray driven attraction where he's teaching the kids about marine life.

Just open the views back up into the aquarium and project the characters onto the windows for the whole ride. Then you'd get whatever Nemo storyline they want to tell plus the live animal views. It would be relatively simple and yet a huge improvement over what currently exists.

Last edited:

mattpeto

Bocabear

It would be sto start installing show elements before anything goes vertical unless it is plumbing and valve setup... Looking at the pictures, the footings are barely finished... I would be very surprised to see this finished this year...It took them 18 months to build the Tequila bar kiosk in front of the Mexico pavilion...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom