Josh D'Amaro comments on rising prices and "additional" or removed services: "An inevitable result of progress"

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
And people thought he was going to be some savior for the company. Lol. I bet those fangirls and fanboys feel real dumb about now. He's just a wolf in a nicer sheepskin.
What did you expect him to say exactly? That our goal is to screw people over? Lol. I am not surprised with these words. And not concerned about them.

But they can do better. The next three years are going to tell us a lot more than the last three.

Lilofan

I expect prices to go up - it happens everywhere and still feel a ticket to a Disney park provides a great value compared to the cost/experience of a lot of other things (other theme parks, sporting events, Broadway show, etc.) ...

... BUT the part I question seeing in the article is the line "Improving the visitor experience, the thinking goes, will prompt guests to spend more hours—and therefore more money—at the parks because they are having such a good time."

Is the visitor experience really improved? It feels like getting less (all entertainment isn't back, less night time experiences, ... countless other things) for more money.

If it was clearly more/better (or at least the same level) for more $ then so be it - but the PR spin I don't think matches the actual experience
Does one enjoy standing in queue lines for at times for hours pre Genie+? Not my family. Paying for a service by choice and limited wait times are better than waiting in line for long periods of time.

UNCgolf

Does one enjoy standing in queue lines for at times for hours pre Genie+? Not my family. Paying for a service by choice and limited wait times are better than waiting in line for long periods of time.

Or they could actually build a bunch of new attractions (and overall capacity) so there'd be more for people to do, instead of the parks having roughly the same capacity as 30 years ago despite much higher attendance. Animal Kingdom is the only park that's clearly improved in essentially every way this century. DHS has improved in headlining attractions, but gotten worse in most other ways. EPCOT is about 20% of the park it used to be, and the Magic Kingdom has declined as well.

jpinkc

What did you expect him to say exactly? That our goal is to screw people over? Lol. I am not surprised with these words. And not concerned about them.

But they can do better. The next three years are going to tell us a lot more than the last three.
No I doubt it. THe Parks are not the focus for TWDC right now, its the Movies (Marvel, Star Wars). They just dont remember that the Parks are what kept TWDC a float when times changed and Disney movies were not the draw they once were. It will happen with these Movies too. I am just afraid the Parks wont be enough to keep it all afloat again after all the neglect (lack of new rides, expansions of park that actually expand capacity, cleanliness of place, lack of maintenance, etc, loss of Disney in its own parks).

TheMaxRebo

but there was included FP and then FP+ ... replaced with a pay service which for most is not as good as the old service (some have had a lot of success but it takes more effort)

So you are paying more for something that at best might work better for some, but not most

If Genie+ was far, far superior I would have no issue paying for it, but not the case, at least not broadly

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
Nothing has been proven other than people are returning to Disney since Covid restrictions have been lifted.

What is yet to be seen is what the next 2-3 years look like when that subsides with all the price increases and reductions of pre-Covid normal vacation experiences there

Last edited by a moderator:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Disney Parks will stay packed. for every person thats "done with disney" there are 10 more than will replace them. Thas just the way it is.
The issue isn’t “10 more people that want to”
The issue is how many of the 10 have the desire AND the money.

Contrary to the thought patterns around here…more people aren’t getting rich. Disney knows this…but it doesnt matter if the new order sings “Take the money and run”

Last edited:

brb1006

And people thought he was going to be some savior for the company. Lol. I bet those fangirls and fanboys feel real dumb about now. He's just a wolf in a nicer sheepskin.
Especially this person
243122288_595990304913120_2249628230099293845_n-450x600.jpg

josh-dAmaro.jpg

And this
244276569_269578171682803_5766996284204554556_n-450x600.jpg

Meanwhile hardcore and critical Disney Parks fans and users looking at extreme Disney Fans/Pixie Dusters like the above like this.
GmRfm.gif

Last edited:

MrPromey

The issue isn’t “10 more people that want to”
The issue is how many of the 10 have the desire AND the money.

Contrary to the thought patterns around here…more people aren’t getting rich. Disney knows this…but it doesnt matter if the new order sings “Take the money and run”

Hence quotes like this from the article:

“The memories are worth more than gold,” she said. “Even if I did suffer from overdraft fees once I got home, when the reality set in.”

So magical :rolleyes:

John park hopper

"Mr. D’Amaro said he’s aware of the tension caused by rising prices and other changes, especially for annual passholders, but describes it as the inevitable result of progress, and insists that every change Disney has implemented at the parks is in service of improving visitors’ trips."

Wow !!! this guy must be training for a political career post Disney
RISING PRICES
REDUCED STAFF
BROKEN ATTRACTIONS
CHARGING FOR WHAT WAS ONCE A PERK
REDUCED MEAL SIZE
This is progress and improving visitors trips give me a break

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Here’s the bottom line here…and there’s is zero defense/argument on THIS one:

A senior exec who’s responsible for selling a completely disposable, discretionary product - amusement parks - just said “progress = pain” to a live mic.

This isn’t chemo treatments, manufacturing processes or new ways to set broken bones.

It’s a completely tone deaf and inappropriate comment for the product. Leisure…optional…nothing “necessary” about it.

End. Period.

Sell it…but don’t be stupid, you nitwit. Silence is enough sometimes.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom