Josh D'Amaro comments on rising prices and "additional" or removed services: "An inevitable result of progress"

tanc

Original Poster

https://archive.ph/aeDjo (archive, no paywall)

Mr. D’Amaro said he’s aware of the tension caused by rising prices and other changes, especially for annual passholders, but describes it as the inevitable result of progress, and insists that every change Disney has implemented at the parks is in service of improving visitors’ trips.

I sincerely wonder how any of the changes made in the past 3 years have helped anyone except Disney though. But that is just what I think.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
tenor.gif

Lilofan

https://archive.ph/aeDjo (archive, no paywall)

I sincerely wonder how any of the changes made in the past 3 years have helped anyone except Disney though. But that is just what I think.
For the naysayers unhappy with price increases , the report says Disney making more money than ever. Someone obviously is coming to parks and resorts to help in this venture. In regards to bonuses , eligible staff that are hitting or exceeding targets are rewarded. Disney is not the only player in this game.

Notes from Neverland

A group of individuals called the Board is in full support of the current CEO. That they even gave him an extension. But keep defecting.
It's almost like those folks have a different priority (money, money, more money) and don't care as much for guest satisfaction, positive guest experiences, or innovation. Shocking that they'd keep the money guy in charge.

TheMaxRebo

I expect prices to go up - it happens everywhere and still feel a ticket to a Disney park provides a great value compared to the cost/experience of a lot of other things (other theme parks, sporting events, Broadway show, etc.) ...

... BUT the part I question seeing in the article is the line "Improving the visitor experience, the thinking goes, will prompt guests to spend more hours—and therefore more money—at the parks because they are having such a good time."

Is the visitor experience really improved? It feels like getting less (all entertainment isn't back, less night time experiences, ... countless other things) for more money.

If it was clearly more/better (or at least the same level) for more $ then so be it - but the PR spin I don't think matches the actual experience

jpinkc

The idea of Value for your money at WDW is definitely done. We were a twice a year family pre pandemic and have only been back over the last Holiday season (Thanksgiving 21). My whole family was very turned off by the whole mess. Genie was a joke, customer service was a joke (except at 50's Prime Time). It was the most stressfull unrelaxing trip we have made in, I cant remember when. It was so bad my daughter was planning on going for her High School Graduation present with friends decided it was not worth it anymore.

tanc

Original Poster
With talks with OLC apparently charging more soon but limiting capacity, it makes me wonder if Disney will follow suit. Yes it's inevitably going to out price people in Japan, but at least the park experience will be probably a lot better. A less crowded park with limited capacity certainly sounds like a better experience to me.

But that's likely wishful thinking for the Disney owned parks/US parks. The park reservation system cleary has been used as a quota system. Disney seems to have absolutely no intention of limiting. It makes me wonder since people are truly willing to pay $200 for 3 or 5-hour long special events, if we will be seeing $200 park tickets soon.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom