John Lasseter?

abian

Corrus said:
C'mon... What he is going to do with WDW??? NOTHING... except creating rides on PIXAR movies... inventive?... Not really...
Nothing except creating rides? What do you want else? What do YOU do for WDW?

freediverdude

Lassiter coming back and letting some people go, reminds me of that old adage, "Be careful who you step on, on the way up the ladder, because you never know who you might meet on the way back down." hehe

Lewis Carroll

Account Suspended
Corrus said:
We all have to see what happens of course... but in the meanwhile he's going to release 300 employees... :lookaroun

so? I hope he releases more. As many as necessary to clean up and trim the company. Quality over quantity my friend.

Herk

Original Poster
Hopefully with this now happening at WDI that they'll finally realise that 'Its Tough To Be a Bug' doesn't belong in the Tree of life area, as well as other things such as sought out Disney Studios - hopefully we will get the Great Muppet Movie Ride with this change - and as well as moving the tattiness out of Dinoland USA in AK.

P.S. Corrus, no offence but now that Pixar Movies belong to Disney - they should be created into rides that people reconise, to bring some of the magic that was lost at the very near end of Eisners reign.

CoffeeJedi

Herk said:
Hopefully with this now happening at WDI that they'll finally realise that 'Its Tough To Be a Bug' doesn't belong in the Tree of life area
yeah!
i'm with you there, i like that show, but its in the wrong spot. The tree of life should have something on a much more grand scale, ITTBAB could be moved to Camp Mini Mickey
I wish that Soarin' would have gone into the tree, instead of hangglider, it could be some sort of magic "earth spirit" or something that transports us around the world to different habitats of our animals. could you imagine flying over a running herd of elephants?

Herk

Original Poster
CoffeeJedi said:
yeah!
i'm with you there, i like that show, but its in the wrong spot. The tree of life should have something on a much more grand scale, ITTBAB could be moved to Camp Mini Mickey
I wish that Soarin' would have gone into the tree, instead of hangglider, it could be some sort of magic "earth spirit" or something that transports us around the world to different habitats of our animals. could you imagine flying over a running herd of elephants?

Actually I was thinking of more like a 3D/4D show but with 'real' animals if you know what I mean - e.g an elephants at a bathing pool and your host gives you some facts about them, so you go in for a closer look and it sprays you with water, etc.

P.S ITTBAB could be put up at Rafikis Planet Watch as Part of Bug Land for Kiddies

Tim G

abian said:
Nothing except creating rides? What do you want else? What do YOU do for WDW?
What did I do for WDW... I'm not that selfish... there are more things than WDW only...

What I did... tipping a poece of the vale...

Disney Seas... 5 projects...
DCA... only 1 project
Disneyland Honkong 4 projects...

So what did I do??? Enough!!!

So please don't talk to me about things like that... and certainly not at that tone...

But for that he's only the CEO... what does that mean... The man with the voice... Every CEO was an is narrow minded... Michael Eisner was hired to tune up communications, which he did... Robert is hired to tune up, and expanding the overseas... which he probably will, only time will tell...
He's not hired for the glory of WDW, or for the visitors... It's about MONEY... which has nothing to do with fun... It all has to do with profits and shareholders... and nothing to do with WDW...

So don't talk to me as if you know me or knowing the company...

Thanks! :wave:

CoffeeJedi

Perhaps I'm naive, and the world may not work like this anymore, but wouldn't it be great if Lassetter and Iger could have a working relationship akin to Walt and Roy in the golden days?
You need a creative spirit above all else, but you also most certainly need someone who knows finances and can figure out how to pay for your crazy ideas, and more importantly, make them pay you back in the long run.

I'd love to hear your thoughts on that Corrus.

Tim G

CoffeeJedi said:
Perhaps I'm naive, and the world may not work like this anymore, but wouldn't it be great if Lassetter and Iger could have a working relationship akin to Walt and Roy in the golden days?
You need a creative spirit above all else, but you also most certainly need someone who knows finances and can figure out how to pay for your crazy ideas, and more importantly, make them pay you back in the long run.

I'd love to hear your thoughts on that Corrus.
Not now... I'm a bit stressed up at the moment... I'll certainly get back to you on that subject...

SIR90210

Herk said:
Ok it just suprised me, but I think I read it about it irrationally - as the shareholders wouldn't allow him to just to prefer one resort over another.

The shareholders seemed to let Eisner let Paris rot in place, though maybe I'm wrong.

DisneyRoxMySox

SIR90210 said:
The shareholders seemed to let Eisner let Paris rot in place, though maybe I'm wrong.

Well, I agree that DLP was in bad shape, but it looks like it's getting better. Keep in mind for awhile we couldn't do to much over there. It was in some serious debt.

MMP

I think people need to get over the Pixar thing, Disney owns Pixar out right, so now Pixar is synonomous with Disney. Some of Disney's best movies over the last few years have been their collaborations with Pixar. Which still don't compare to the best of the Disney classics but they're much better than some of the crap they were putting out like "Home on the Range" or all the sequels.

Scar Junior

MMP said:
I think people need to get over the Pixar thing, Disney owns Pixar out right, so now Pixar is synonomous with Disney. Some of Disney's best movies over the last few years have been their collaborations with Pixar. Which still don't compare to the best of the Disney classics but they're much better than some of the crap they were putting out like "Home on the Range" or all the sequels.

I agree with a lot of what you said. The two types of posts I seem to nice most are from "Pixar Paranoids" and "Epcot Old Schoolers".

TP2000

John Lasseter (or however you spell it) worked for several years as a CM at Disneyland. He was a Jungle Cruise Skipper, and I think I read he also worked on the Rivers of America rides (Mark Twain, Sailing Ship Columbia, Keelboats, Rafts, Canoes). He visits Disneyland with his wife and kids frequently, and two years ago he rented out Adventureland and had his birthday party there. At Disneyland. Not WDW.

He's gone on record with the media as stating he loves Disneyland, loves to take friends and family there, and loves his new role with WDI because of his early years working at Disneyland. In the media comments he's given since the Pixar/Disney deal was brokered, WDW never came up with him. If a park was mentioned, it was Disneyland.

So why would it be a surprise that he is most interested in working on projects at Disneyland? That's where he started his Disney career, after all? And it's where he hangs out with his family.

CaptainMichael

MMP said:
You mean like "Leroy and Stitch"...shudders....:hurl:

Yes, that is a real movie...

Scar Junior

TP2000 said:
So why would it be a surprise that he is most interested in working on projects at Disneyland? That's where he started his Disney career, after all? And it's where he hangs out with his family.

That's not what theyre saying. The article and other things pointed toward a neglect of WDW... not a simple preference of DL.

TP2000

Scar Junior said:
That's not what theyre saying. The article and other things pointed toward a neglect of WDW... not a simple preference of DL.

Hmm... That's not at all what I read on the Al Lutz Miceage column that really began this topic. In fact, I can't think of any other website that has mentioned this Lasseter/Disneyland topic except Miceage. And here is what Miceage said...

"What is also raising eyebrows in Glendale is the laser-like focus John Lasseter has already made clear he has for the Anaheim property. Even though John's real work at WDI doesn't get started until the fall, he's already made it very apparent that his main focus will be Disneyland first and DCA second.........

As a lifelong Californian and former Disneyland Jungle Cruise Skipper, the Walt Disney World property doesn't interest John much on a personal or a professional level.......

In the last few months John has made it very clear in both casual conversation and more formal communications that his primary focus for WDI will be the Anaheim parks, and particularly Disneyland."

I don't get the sense that there is outright "neglect" coming for WDW. It's just that the top dog in charge now is an old Disneylander, and he's on his home turf when he is in Anaheim. WDW just doesn't hold the personal interest for him.

At least that is what the Al Lutz sources from inside WDI's Glendale headquarters are saying.

KevinPage

TP2000 said:
At least that is what the Al Lutz sources from inside WDI's Glendale headquarters are saying.

It makes sense. But Al's supposed "sources" have an awful tendency to tell him what he wants to hear. Or at least he seems to decipher it that way.

John will be unable to "ignore" WDW from a simple standpoint that it's too important to the company and they have much more room to add and tinker with things.

That's not to say that DL won't get most of his time. But unless John is oblivious(which he is not) I highly doubt he's going to ignore the elephant in the room.

:D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom