John Lasseter?

Lee

Adventurer
abian said:
Since you work so many "projects" in many parks your actaully age might old enough to die but still....such childsish mind. I pitty YOU. you poor ______________.

That is serioiusly uncalled for.
I vote for a ban.:mad:

EpcoTim

Corrus said:
He's not hired for the glory of WDW, or for the visitors... It's about MONEY... which has nothing to do with fun... It all has to do with profits and shareholders... and nothing to do with WDW...

This is as truthful as can be.......but......what is one of Disneys core businesses? Entertainment, right?

To make the stockholders happy, they have to make the 'guests' happy. Obviously. How many years do you think they could go on slacking, and just living off the Disney name and repuation? Disney's model has always been innovative. Well, it used to be, not sure what it is now or recently. But they need to stick to a core compentency to be effective in the marketplace. Hopefully Lassister is the spark they need. He could also be one of the final nails. I don't know him except for his affiliation with Jobs.

And if filling the parks with Pixar movies is whats going to happen......then we may all indeed be doomed. Maybe. Pixar is where the money is right now, it has strong brand recoginition and some winners under its belt. I for one would hate to see the parks flooded with Pixar. Unless......the rides are above and beyond anything we have seen. Keep them out of Epcot (I know, I know).

It's going to be interesting, to say the least.

LudwigVonDrake

I can't imagine John Lassetter "ignoring" WDW because "it doesn't interest" him. I'm sure he will do what he needs to do.

Do I agree with all these Pixar rides being built? No, but the popular characters created over the last several years have all been Pixar characters, except Stitch and I don't see the allure of him.

I guess we'll have to sit back and see what happens.

AEfx

Lutz is a yutz.

Although I find his articles more entertaining than his WDW counterpart (ol' Hilly boy), at least he has an agenda and is obvious about it, unlike Hilly who will grasp onto anything he can to make himself relevant.

No one is going to abandon WDW, because it is the cash cow that keeps the whole thing running. CA has one and a half parks, three hotels, and that's about it. Compare that to WDW with four parks, dozens of resorts, two waterparks, etc., etc...they aren't going to forget about WDW. Trust me.

AEfx

TP2000

How could anyone forget about WDW? They won't do that. Neither will they forget about the three other properties they have around the world, with a fourth on the way for Shanghai.

But that is the infamous "they". We were talking about John Lasseter; former Disneyland Jungle Cruise Skipper and man who rented out Adventureland for his birthday and wears a circa 1964 Tiki Room Host shirt when he visits Disneyland with his family several times a year.

Lasseter is a Disneylander, and a native Californian. Of course he's going to be most interested in projects in Anaheim, his home turf. And that is all Lutz stated from his WDI sources in a recent article, not that WDW would go neglected and never get another E Ticket. You shouldn't shoot the messenger gang, even if you don't like the message coming from WDI.

It sounds to me like some East Coasters are a little jealous of the Lasseter/Disneyland connection and want a high ranking Burbank exec of their own who can obsess about color schemes on the new churro carts in Future World. :lol:

DisneyRoxMySox

TP2000 said:
How could anyone forget about WDW? They won't do that. Neither will they forget about the three other properties they have around the world, with a fourth on the way for Shanghai.

Is that official? :confused:

KevinPage

EpcoTim said:
And if filling the parks with Pixar movies is whats going to happen......then we may all indeed be doomed. Maybe. Pixar is where the money is right now, it has strong brand recoginition and some winners under its belt. I for one would hate to see the parks flooded with Pixar. Unless......the rides are above and beyond anything we have seen. Keep them out of Epcot (I know, I know).

Tim,

I don't want to single you out since alot of people feel the way you do, but I still don't get the "we don't want Pixar attractions" mantra people obsess over.

Even though "Disney employees" didn't create all those great/classic Pixar films, hasn't most of their staff worked for or at the very least been completely inspired by Walt Disney and the way the WDC used to operate? To me Pixar movies are "more Disney than Disney itself". And the fact that they were put out by Disney, WDC has some limited input into the films itself.

I'd rather see attractions based off incredibley successful and popular films such as: Monsters Inc., The Incredibles, or Finding Nemo

As opposed to: Chicken Little, Home on the Range, or Atlantis

The simple fact is if Disney has created as many iconic and classic flims as Pixar has in the past 10 years, everyone would be "on board" for attractions based on them.

Disney has nothing to do with Indiana Jones or Star Wars, yet I don't hear any complaints about those attractions.

Pixar IS Disney way before they were purchased by TWDC, so I'm on board for whatever they want to implement with their films.

Herk

Original Poster
KevinPage said:
Tim,

I don't want to single you out since alot of people feel the way you do, but I still don't get the "we don't want Pixar attractions" mantra people obsess over.

Even though "Disney employees" didn't create all those great/classic Pixar films, hasn't most of their staff worked for or at the very least been completely inspired by Walt Disney and the way the WDC used to operate? To me Pixar movies are "more Disney than Disney itself". And the fact that they were put out by Disney, WDC has some limited input into the films itself.

I'd rather see attractions based off incredibley successful and popular films such as: Monsters Inc., The Incredibles, or Finding Nemo

As opposed to: Chicken Little, Home on the Range, or Atlantis

The simple fact is if Disney has created as many iconic and classic flims as Pixar has in the past 10 years, everyone would be "on board" for attractions based on them.

Disney has nothing to do with Indiana Jones or Star Wars, yet I don't hear any complaints about those attractions.

Pixar IS Disney way before they were purchased by TWDC, so I'm on board for whatever they want to implement with their films.

The simple fact is that a good imagineer can create rides from both unsuccesful movies and extremly successful franchises, as well as new IPs.

But the fact is I could see a good Chicken Little dark ride either in Fantasyland or the Studios, way more before i could see a decent implementation of lets say an Incredibles or a Bugs Life franchised attraction( I know its TTBAB - its crap a simple 3D show would be more wholly appealing for families)

DisneyRoxMySox

I think that, It's Tough To Be a Bug, is not only a cute and entertaining attraction but it is a great use of space. :D I have to say it may not be the best attraction for the litte ones, but above the age of 5 or so is alright. :wave:

CaptainMichael

DisneyRoxMySox said:
I think that, It's Tough To Be a Bug, is not only a cute and entertaining attraction but it is a great use of space. :D
We can thank Mr. Eisner for the theater in the Tree of Life, it was his suggestion to put an attraction in there.

KevinPage

STR8FAN2005 said:
We can thank Mr. Eisner for the theater in the Tree of Life, it was his suggestion to put an attraction in there.

Thanks Mikey. I love the atraction and the idea that it's "inside" the tree.

I know everyone complains about anything Disney does, but never heard anyone actually complain at ITTBAB and it's placement.

CoffeeJedi

Its not so much a "complaint", just... a disappointment.
I like ITTBAB, i see it on every visit. Its just that when i first saw the Tree of Life, i was really expecting something grand and breathtaking inside it. I was disappointed when it was animated insects and screaming children.

Look at it this way. Honey I Shrunk the Audience is a fun 3D movie, again, i see it on almost every visit. But what if it was inside Spaceship Earth instead of the attraction that's there? It wouldn't be right would it? That huge monumental landmark, that proclaims and encapsulates the vision of the entire theme park, and inside was a chaotic 3d movie with scream-inducing effects and cheap thrills? Exactly, no one in their right mind would want HISTA inside SSE.

That's why ITTBAB is in the wrong place.

I'm CoffeeJedi and i approve of this message.
Paid for by the society to move It's Tough to be a Bug to another location and put something else inside the Tree of Life.

CaptainMichael

What else could the ToL possibly be used for?
A simulator?
A dark ride?
Not much, a theater works perfectly IMO. Plus, the film can be changed, updated, etc and so can the effects. The ToL hardly has the space inside it that SSE has.

CoffeeJedi

STR8FAN2005 said:
What else could the ToL possibly be used for?
A simulator?
A dark ride?
Not much, a theater works perfectly IMO. Plus, the film can be changed, updated, etc and so can the effects. The ToL hardly has the space inside it that SSE has.
Oh, a theater of course!
In another post (this thread? not sure) i said that i would have like to see Soarin' Over the World go into the ToL. But failing that (as the mechanism might not fit), another 3D movie would be great, but it should be scenes of the beauty and majesty of nature, showing its breadth and diversity. Perhaps with a slight (but not preachy) conservation or ecology theme. Something to really get guests in the mindset of Disney's Animal Kingdom.

CaptainMichael

CoffeeJedi said:
Oh, a theater of course!
In another post (this thread? not sure) i said that i would have like to see Soarin' Over the World go into the ToL. But failing that (as the mechanism might not fit, another 3D movie would be great, but it should be scenes of the beauty and majesty of nature, showing its breadth and diversity. Perhaps with a slight (but not preachy) conservation or ecology theme. Something to really get guests in the mindset of Disney's Animal Kingdom.
Okay, well ITtbaB won't last forever...it's already almost 10.

I hear that they are working on a Finding Nemo 3D movie for the ToL theater....:lookaroun

CoffeeJedi

STR8FAN2005 said:
I hear that they are working on a Finding Nemo 3D movie for the ToL theater....:lookaroun
Gack!
/headsplode

(cue a bunch of posts following yours of people saying "really!? when is that coming!?" :lol:)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom