Joe Rohde!!??

juniorthomas

A few months after EE, Finding Nemo the Musical opened replacing Tarzan Rocks. Since then there have been minor temporary Entertainment additions as well as some changes in the animal roster but nothing on the scope of a new ride/show or animal exhibit.

That is a long time between major park additions, I suppose.

RSoxNo1

That is a long time between major park additions, I suppose.

Considering that the the original plan was to have the park having already had a major expansion 3-5 years prior to the addition of Expedition Everest, that addition was in itself long over due.

It's no secret that the park needs additions, and they need to be fast tracked.

CJR

It would sure be nice to see something happen in the Camp Minnie-Mickey area. It's hard to believe Disney has what they call a land made out of a single show and M&G's. Knock down the old Pocahontas theater and put in a ride! It would be nice :)

meganw1985

Do people like this ever just visit "their" parks? I mean, maybe I'm disillusioned, but they seem to be very passionate about their work. Since I was 6, I have wanted to be an imagineer. If I was, I would be there ALL the time!

juniorthomas

Considering that the the original plan was to have the park having already had a major expansion 3-5 years prior to the addition of Expedition Everest, that addition was in itself long over due.

It's no secret that the park needs additions, and they need to be fast tracked.

FLE was a needed response to WWoHP (we'll see if it holds up against it), but you're right. DAK needs some love so it can compete with the other DisneyParks.

NoChesterHester

FLE was a needed response to WWoHP (we'll see if it holds up against it), but you're right. DAK needs some love so it can compete with the other DisneyParks.

I don't believe that FLE can complete with Harry Potter. It isn't the same demographic.

WWOHP likely siphoned off visitors from Hollywood Studios and Epcot. We need additions at those parks. Everyone that comes to Orlando visits the Magic Kingdom.

steve2wdw

WDW Fan Since 1973
As I've noted before...load the front of the park (so they don't bother the animals) with a couple C tickets, a D and an E, then throw in another animal trek (how about North or even South America) and you've got an awesome park that can stay open late (at least the front half), using all that infrastructure (restaurants and shops) that at this moment in time, isn't generating any additional income after 6 pm. There's so much potential in this park, it's killing me that nothing has been done for so long.

You can't beat the park icon.....

picture.php

Just incredible....how people can rush past this is beyond me!

picture.php

juniorthomas

I don't believe that FLE can complete with Harry Potter. It isn't the same demographic.

WWOHP likely siphoned off visitors from Hollywood Studios and Epcot. We need additions at those parks. Everyone that comes to Orlando visits the Magic Kingdom.

I never said it was meant to compete with WWoHP. I said that it was a response to it. Disney needed to have some grand plans that would give people something to look forward to - FLE fits that bill.

Sure, it won't please everyone, but it's something that will drive people to MK and make it close to a 2 day visit.

CJR

They know this. That's why they closed that show, to make way for the bulldozers....then....nothing.

I remember that. I was actually in the college program back then. A close friend of mine was so excited about it. Then, nothing happened, as you said. 2008 was a year the promised a lot and hardly any of those promises happened due to the economy.

The sad part is that the ideas were so great and they might never happen. I think something will go in the spot eventually, but JTTCOTE probably won't be it. If it does happen though, I'll be visiting the park that year.

Given how long it would take to demolish and construct, it'll be several years before anything big comes to AK.

Rasvar

I think a pavilion for an Middle/South African country in EPCOT err..Epcot will finally get built before JTTCOTE.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom