'Jock Lindsey's Hangar Bar' concept art and construction at Disney Springs The Landing

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I wonder why they decided to build the platform for this restaurant out of wood, but the boat house is steel? If it was just cosmetic they could have put a wood floor over a steel frame.

vonpluto

I wonder why they decided to build the platform for this restaurant out of wood, but the boat house is steel? If it was just cosmetic they could have put a wood floor over a steel frame.

Can't speak for Disney, but here in OCNJ standard over water construction is as pictured. Treated pilings, treated framing and treated decking, although composite decking is becoming more common.:)

roj2323

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I wonder what's going on here. Photos of this platform on Save PI show the platform deck being almost complete on september 20th but the photos posted here show the same deck pulled back up. I wonder what they pulled it back up for? I have to imagine they need to run utilities but you would think they could do that from under the deck. Perhaps they screwed something up?

Interesting observation. The save PI pictures were definitely taken earlier because you can see the Boat House in a earlier stage of construction. In the pictures from here you can see the boards they removed piled up.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Here is a picture from Orlando Parks News from October 1 showing the deck complete at that time.

http://www.orlandoparksnews.com/2014/10/downtown-disney-update-fall-begins-part.html

LZjJfE1.jpg

Mouse Detective

I wonder what's going on here. Photos of this platform on Save PI show the platform deck being almost complete on september 20th but the photos posted here show the same deck pulled back up. I wonder what they pulled it back up for? I have to imagine they need to run utilities but you would think they could do that from under the deck. Perhaps they screwed something up?

These new photos posted above show that the deck has been extended further out in the water at the far end. The photo you refer to on Save PI from last month show the deck the same length out into the water across the entire width. So it seems as though there is a new section added.

roj2323

These new photos posted above show that the deck has been extended further out in the water at the far end. The photo you refer to on Save PI from last month show the deck the same length out into the water across the entire width. So it seems as though there is a new section added.
Yea I just noticed some new pilings on the Boathouse side.

danlb_2000

Premium Member

This is interesting...

Save PI 9/4

DSCN1938.JPG

Save PI 9/20

DSCN2060.JPG

Orlando parks new 10/1

LZjJfE1.jpg

WDW Magic 10/10

disney-springs_Full_22362.jpg;width=638

There is also a picture from 10/10 from a site we cannot link to that shows the deck complete again. It's clearly later then the WDWMagic photo because there are trees back towards the boat house that aren't in the WDWMagic picture.

http://.smugmug.com/Walt-Disney-World/Drik-101014-Springs/i-v489HsN/0/M/IMG_2351-001-M.jpg

WDWtraveler

Photo update of "The Hangar" and surrounding area, as of Sunday, October, 12, 2014. Based on the construction railings, the floor appears to be complete and now work will start on the building's structure. Note the landscaping that appeared between The Hangar and The Boathouse. The trees appeared last week, the palm trees are new. The palm trees are in the seating area of the small amphitheater between the two buildings.

IMG_3138.JPG

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom