'Jock Lindsey's Hangar Bar' concept art and construction at Disney Springs The Landing

alissafalco

My total experience at Downtown Disney/Disney Springs consists of dining on arrival day, activating Photopass and seeing if the Disney Lego Store has something different from the Mall of America Lego Store. So....I really don't care what they do with DownTown Disney or whatever they call it this week.
Well that's a lot more than my DTD experience which consists of reading about it here. I don't bother ever going.

Mouse_Trap

What was the animation which featured a seaplane?

I want to say it was just certain episodes of Duck Tales, but I'm having a memory blank.

mm121

A seaplane hangar could also provide a tie-in (should they so choose) to bring in some of the Talespin characters. ;)
that would be cool and fun, DD/DS doesn't really have any character experiences. I realize they do this so people will pay to get into the parks, but Talespin is pretty old so its not like it would distract from the current crop of characters.. and little kids dont really care who they see just as long as they have fun.
Ohh, Lets see, we've so far got "The Landing", home to "The Boathouse" and "The Hanger". I'll guess that the train themed one will be "The Station". Maybe the auto themed one can be "The Garage".
I'm looking forward to seeing the official name change press release when they change it to "The Disney Springs"!
the names do sound all rather abiguous, but i know there trying to go with a classic americana theme
Strictly speaking, the train restaurant should be The Roundhouse in keeping with places where boats, planes, or trains are parked.
i love how much thought everyones putting into restaurant thinking lol
All they needed to do was make 1 restaurant, call it PLANES, TRAINS, and AUTOMOBILES, and instant classic... :)
done done and done lol
I can't stand how generic these names are.

As this is most likely not a Disney-owned restaurant, the odds of that seem slim.

theres always a way if there was a will, disney could liscence the characters to the restaurant legally speaking, though i know it wont happen

CDavid

New photos over at the SavePleasureIsland blog showing construction on The Landing, and photos of The Boat House and The Hangar, including one which surprised me:

DSCN1933.JPG

A railroad turntable, up near The Adventurers Club building.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom