Jim Hill on XPass attraction line-up

lebeau

Same with a nice restaurant. Someone else might come along and tip the maitre d, and he gets a table before you. Tis the way the world works.

I'm honestly surprised it took Disney this long to implement a system like this.

:confused:

Not seeing the connection. Does Disney have a system I don't know about that allows people to pay to get seated faster? Because, that would be the equivalent of XPass.

Might what you described happen? Yes. Would Disney sanction it? No.

SyracuseOrange

:confused:

Not seeing the connection. Does Disney have a system I don't know about that allows people to pay to get seated faster? Because, that would be the equivalent of XPass.

Might what you described happen? Yes. Would Disney sanction it? No.

But you do know about it...

lebeau

But you do know about it...

I assure you I have no idea what you are talking about. Under-the-table tipping? I've already described how that's not remotely like X-Pass.

That's what I'm curious about. Will Disney keep this long term, or is this just a test?

For what they are spending on it, I would have to assume it's here to stay. If it's a bust, they will tweak it until it makes them money. But X-Pass (in some form or another) isn't going anywhere.

Monorail_Orange

Tahu, The idea is to spread the crowds around by creating more opportunities, so someone (i.e. first time visitor, or foreign tour group) who doesn't know any better will burn a pass on them, leaving more passes open for marquee attractions and experiences.

lazyboy97o

Why is everyone assuming that Jim Hill knows what he's talking about?

Hill has become excellent at writing things that sound plausible, but are concoctions of his own.
He was talking about the plans for "it's a small world" for some time before the art was leaked to Stitch Kingdom.

SyracuseOrange

I assure you I have no idea what you are talking about. Under-the-table tipping? I've already described how that's not remotely like X-Pass.

For what they are spending on it, I would have to assume it's here to stay. If it's a bust, they will tweak it until it makes them money. But X-Pass (in some form or another) isn't going anywhere.

I guess this thing called "the internet" is keeping us from understanding each other. Oh well. No bother.

Buried20KLeague

Why would you even need to reserve a wait time for JIIWF? It's not like there's ever a wait there.

If reports are accurate, this wonderful XPass system will create a demand for lower-level attractions that currently don't have any, therefore creating a Magical new stand by line for you to wait in!!

But don't worry. There will be trinkets and baubles for you to play with while you wait!

I fail to understand how currently waiting in a stand by line for for X amount of time for high level attractions and have no wait in lower level attractions is bettered by creating demand out of nothing and having to wait in stand by lines for attractions that currently don't have any. At best, it seems to be a push. At BEST.

lebeau

Not sure what you don't understand about my point...

What is your point?

You said that someone can tip a maitre d at a fancy restaurant to get seated faster. But that's not the same as xPASS. xPASS would be like if Disney had an official system in place that would allow you to pay more to get seated faster. Disney has no such system. So if that's what you're talking about, your comparison is flawed.

If that's not what you're talking about, then you haven't explicitedly stated what you're talking about.

I can only assume that you are being intentionally vague. But if you have a valid point, please elaborate.

lazyboy97o

They're not sinking BILLIONS (with a B) into something that's going to just be a test.
Yep. The amount of money that has been poured into Next Gen means that Disney is going to be very stubborn about killing the means by which the costs are to be recouped, the upcharge X-Pass.

olinecoach61

I think this is a great idea, your telling me I can go to the magic kingdom and ride big thunder, space mountain, and mickeys philharmagic without waiting in lines? Sign me up! Ill set up my ADRs around ride times or vice versa depending on how this works.

brifraz

Marching along...
Premium Member
So, what exactly do we know about xPass (or whatever it is eventually called)?

Some who might know something have yet to post. And even those, I'm sure we would all say we have to take with a grain of salt.

So, the discussion/argument is entirely based on multiple lines of speculation. Quite fun to read and take part in, but certainly not worth getting riled up about. Since we know nothing, a post to the effect of "I hate that they are doing this" is pretty unfounded. We don't know what they are doing, so we can't hate it yet.

I enjoy the discussion and debate, but I think we all need to take a deep breath and realize that we are arguing about different lines of speculation.

I look forward to knowing what is going to happen with xPass, so I can either get really excited or really start complaining. Right now, I'll go with a post to the effect of "Hmm...interesting ideas. I like some of them and don't like others."

SyracuseOrange

What is your point?

You said that someone can tip a maitre d at a fancy restaurant to get seated faster. But that's not the same as xPASS. xPASS would be like if Disney had an official system in place that would allow you to pay more to get seated faster. Disney has no such system. So if that's what you're talking about, your comparison is flawed.

If that's not what you're talking about, then you haven't explicitedly stated what you're talking about.

I can only assume that you are being intentionally vague. But if you have a valid point, please elaborate.

Clearly, your internet forum skills are far superior to mine.

I bow to you.

My secondary point, which is a complete spinoff of my original point, was based on you saying "Does Disney have a system I don't know about that allows people to pay to get seated faster? Because, that would be the equivalent of XPass."

And I was saying, no, that's not the equivalent of XPASS because it's (going to be) a publicly known concept. (Sure, not everyone will KNOW about it, but the information is available for anyone's use.)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom