JIM HILL: "Lots of new shows and experiences are coming to Epcot's Future World"

Jon81uk

Given that Disney has already confirmed one new show (Awesome Planet) and a new experience (Play Pavilion) it is completely true that new shows and experiences are coming to Future World.
Its almost certain that these aren't the only two new things coming and I'm sure someone will have more details at some point.

Kman101

I've seen new members get chastised by forum police and never come back. Is that something we want as a community? I know that probably wasn't your intent here, but I think we need to leave it up to Steve and The Mom to police the forums. If they felt they were overwhelmed, they could always appoint additional moderators. But if they see a post and let it slide, then we should too.

And, if we think something doesn't belong, there's a report button.

What you said is basically what I was saying ... :)

brb1006

Jim Hill is an old man who needs to be in a rest home and not spouting off bs Disney rumors. The fact so many here treat him as a God is sickening. The only insiders we need to trust are our resident insiders like Martin, MansionButler, Peter the orange bird etc. NOT some elderly podcast host
dude-that-was-uncalled-for.jpg

Say what you will about Jim. But I love hearing Jim telling some interesting stories about the history of previous Disney animated films, movies, and theme park history that's lesser-known and obscure with Len. It's why despite some of Jim's rumors being sometimes inaccurate or every once in a while end up true. I still enjoy the "Fine Tooning" and "Disney Dish Podcast".

Last edited:

RSoxNo1

Jim Hill is an old man who needs to be in a rest home and not spouting off bs Disney rumors. The fact so many here treat him as a God is sickening. The only insiders we need to trust are our resident insiders like Martin, MansionButler, Peter the orange bird etc. NOT some elderly podcast host
Jim's biggest problem with rumors is arbitrary discretion. He likes the, "watch this space" type rumor, usually tied to an IP or a single piece of good info. He also finds himself in pretty impressive spots within the company giving him access to stuff very early on in the process.

He was well ahead of everyone else on the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train switch to New Fantasyland for example because he happened to be in the right place at the right time (not at all coincidental, it was tied to building decades worth of relationships). As @marni1971 will attest, the biggest thing that discredits someone posting rumors is discretion. Jim still hasn't mastered that.

But despite all that he was first with some pretty big recent information:

• Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
  • Frozen Ever After
  • C3PO as Star Tours 2.0 pilot
  • Ratatouille
  • Art of Animation
  • Disney's Riviera Resort

TOCPE82

Jim's biggest problem with rumors is arbitrary discretion. He likes the, "watch this space" type rumor, usually tied to an IP or a single piece of good info. He also finds himself in pretty impressive spots within the company giving him access to stuff very early on in the process.

He was well ahead of everyone else on the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train switch to New Fantasyland for example because he happened to be in the right place at the right time (not at all coincidental, it was tied to building decades worth of relationships). As @marni1971 will attest, the biggest thing that discredits someone posting rumors is discretion. Jim still hasn't mastered that.

But despite all that he was first with some pretty big recent information:

• Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
  • Frozen Ever After
  • C3PO as Star Tours 2.0 pilot
  • Ratatouille
  • Art of Animation
  • Disney's Riviera Resort
For every one of those, there's a Monsters Inc Door Coaster and some can't get past that. Jim is entertaining and he gets fixated on certain information sometimes. You need to take him with a grain of salt, like most rumors out there.

Bender123

For every one of those, there's a Monsters Inc Door Coaster and some can't get past that. Jim is entertaining and he gets fixated on certain information sometimes. You need to take him with a grain of salt, like most rumors out there.

Exactly. Even for issues like the Door Coaster, there was likely a rumbling, from somewhere, that it was a consideration of it happening. The difference between people on here and with Jim, is that Jim doesn't differentiate the levels between Being considered->Being Planned->Green Lit-> Ladders!!!

We have seen it many times, with TDO, where something being planned doesn't end up being green lit. Heck...we have instances of green lit, where nothing happens. Remember that WDW has had Isreal, Equatorial Africa, Beastly Kingdom, MK theater and literally dozens of other projects publicly announced that never happened.

When you throw out as many discussions as he does, even items that sources say have a green lit budget doesn't guarantee that something will come of it.

peter11435

Exactly. Even for issues like the Door Coaster, there was likely a rumbling, from somewhere, that it was a consideration of it happening. The difference between people on here and with Jim, is that Jim doesn't differentiate the levels between Being considered->Being Planned->Green Lit-> Ladders!!!

We have seen it many times, with TDO, where something being planned doesn't end up being green lit. Heck...we have instances of green lit, where nothing happens. Remember that WDW has had Isreal, Equatorial Africa, Beastly Kingdom, MK theater and literally dozens of other projects publicly announced that never happened.

When you throw out as many discussions as he does, even items that sources say have a green lit budget doesn't guarantee that something will come of it.
In the case of the door coaster though it was far more than just rumbling. There were concept art, blueprints, and schematics. It came very very close.

RSoxNo1

Don't point to the Monster's Inc Door Coaster as an example of Jim getting something wrong. There are far better examples than that. That was a real project that was all but green lit. I suspect @marni1971 and others have put info out there that was less solid than that.

I think the Lone Ranger to Frontierland stuff was a better example of "use discretion here", but even then he did put the caveat of, "if the movie does well."

Keep in mind, we're not that far removed from the head of parks and resorts, Jay Rasulo having a worse track record on official announcements than Jim did on rumors. It was laughable.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom