Jim Hill: American Idol to be delayed.

huh, it's been delayed?

The preshow (with Justin Guarini) was taped this past weekend and last thing I was told is that rehearsals start in early November.

Is Justin Guarini really the best Idol they could come up with? Ruben hasn't done anything for years and what happened to the gray haired guy who won a few years back?

ToTBellHop

Is Justin Guarini really the best Idol they could come up with? Ruben hasn't done anything for years and what happened to the gray haired guy who won a few years back?
if I had the guess, Kelly Clarkson was too expensive to get (though I'm sure she'd do it). And, let's face it, Justin Guarini likely needs the work. They probably paid him about $8/hr to do this ;)

DisneyMusician2

I don't know if I'll find it really exciting, but they are filling unused space with a concept most laypeople will enjoy and it fits well into the general theme of the park.

I'll see what it is all about at least once.

RSoxNo1

Jordin Sparks did an ad for it on the Superbowl, but I've blocked that day from my memory so that may not have happened.

David Cook said "I'm going to Disney World" after he won, and my guess is that this season's winner will make an appearance there if not become a part of the attraction.

MousDad

Jordin Sparks did an ad for it on the Superbowl, but I've blocked that day from my memory so that may not have happened.

David Cook said "I'm going to Disney World" after he won, and my guess is that this season's winner will make an appearance there if not become a part of the attraction.

Apparently, that was Jim's guess too:

"This promotional effort will culminate in late May of 2009 when the winner of next season's "American Idol" is named. The very next day (or thereabouts), this individual will then be flown down to Walt Disney World so that they can then take part in the grand opening of the "American Idol Experience." Which will (in theory, anyway) garner lots of free publicity for Disney's Hollywood Studios' newest attraction." (JHM)

EPCOT Explorer

Apparently, that was Jim's guess too:

"This promotional effort will culminate in late May of 2009 when the winner of next season's "American Idol" is named. The very next day (or thereabouts), this individual will then be flown down to Walt Disney World so that they can then take part in the grand opening of the "American Idol Experience." Which will (in theory, anyway) garner lots of free publicity for Disney's Hollywood Studios' newest attraction." (JHM)
Why not just tape the show there...THAT would be cool.THAT would be what MGM/DHS was supposed to do...THAT would be Disney.:cool:

Unfortunatly...Management likes to ignore that.:cry:

krankenstein

Original Poster
Why not just tape the show there...THAT would be cool.THAT would be what MGM/DHS was supposed to do...THAT would be Disney.:cool:

Unfortunatly...Management like to ignore that.:cry:

The logistics of actually doing that would be horrendous for the people involved. Everybody involved with idol, with the exception of maybe Paula, are involved with many projects on the west coast. Also, is the ABC Theater set up to handle the undertaken of filming? WWTBAM worked fine because it was on a sound stage, but that is totally different than the setup in the ABC Theater.

EPCOT Explorer

The logistics of actually doing that would be horrendous for the people involved. Everybody involved with idol, with the exception of maybe Paula, are involved with many projects on the west coast. Also, is the ABC Theater set up to handle the undertaken of filming? WWTBAM worked fine because it was on a sound stage, but that is totally different than the setup in the ABC Theater.

They could make it happen...Yeeeesh it would be a good marketing draw.Could you imagine what park guests would get to witness?AND it's an AMAZING way for Disney to make revenue.

krankenstein

Original Poster
They could make it happen...Yeeeesh it would be a good marketing draw.Could you imagine what park guests would get to witness?AND it's an AMAZING way for Disney to make revenue.

Don't get me wrong, I like the idea. I just don't see Ryan Seacrest heading to DHS for AI. :shrug:

disneygoof1

I happen to know from an inside source that American Idol will still open in January. From what the source has told me, they began moving the sets in this week, also all lighting is up already and all they have to do after the sets are in, is to put in the seats and carpet. American Idol is NOT being delayed. It WILL open in January!

EpcotServo

I happen to know from an inside source that American Idol will still open in January. From what the source has told me, they began moving the sets in this week, also all lighting is up already and all they have to do after the sets are in, is to put in the seats and carpet. American Idol is NOT being delayed. It WILL open in January!

I'll buy that. I wouldn't be surprised at all.

Testtrack321

I bet it will open in January and be ready and geared up to go by the end of AI, so they can then do a major push for the ride on the season finally.

$10 says you'll be able to sing your ______ off Jan 31st 2009, but Disney will advertise and push it once the show is over to keep the hype going...

wvdisneyfamily

I bet it will open in January and be ready and geared up to go by the end of AI, so they can then do a major push for the ride on the season finally.

$10 says you'll be able to sing your ______ off Jan 31st 2009, but Disney will advertise and push it once the show is over to keep the hype going...

I'd say you are correct.

imagineer boy

Don't get me wrong, I like the idea. I just don't see Ryan Seacrest heading to DHS for AI. :shrug:

They sure didn't make much of a big deal out of it when they announced it at the season finale last year.

BTW, I second the idea of bringing the Aladdin show to theater instead of AI.:D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom