Jersey Week is over.....and the Sky didn't fall

Chi84

Premium Member
What if it cost you and your little ones $1,000 a day to enter the park and you went for 6 days and then stayed at contemporary for $1,000 a night and flights cost $4,000 and food cost $2,500 and then line skip cost another $1,200 and extras cost another $1,000? Big price to pay for your little ones who probably won’t even remember the trip in 5 years.
Why would it cost $1,000 a day to enter the parks? How many people are you talking about?

And why would you stay at the Contemporary if price was a concern? Wouldn’t you stay at a value resort?

Not every post about WDW has to be about how much it costs. The costs aren’t hidden so I assume people know what they’ll be paying.

Vacationeer

In the Parks
No
Currently retail and food places have been giving me bags in NJ, but the grocery stores do not. I don’t shop that much but places like TJ Maxx, 7-Eleven and food take-outs always have bags. Shoprite- no. But I’ve gotten used to it.

IKEA, Aldi and Costco have been doing this much longer.

JIMINYCR

and how did you reach that conclusion?? Because my money is on the opposite of what you're saying.

Can't wait to see our thread host come along and confirm that you're right about his/her intent.
Because the OP’s last sentence stated the purpose of the post…. To show the differences in the conversations. Not everyone hates Disney and has the level of animosity stated by so many here that WDW should be boycotted and avoided at all cost.

JIMINYCR

What if it cost you and your little ones $1,000 a day to enter the park and you went for 6 days and then stayed at contemporary for $1,000 a night and flights cost $4,000 and food cost $2,500 and then line skip cost another $1,200 and extras cost another $1,000? Big price to pay for your little ones who probably won’t even remember the trip in 5 years.
Then you make the decision if it’s worth the cost for your family. Businesses set the cost of their product and the consumer decides if it’s within their means to purchase. If the price is too high the business will at some point be unable to continue on making sales and have to lower the price or stop being in business. Dis hasn’t reached that point and continues to draw guests. I agree with many here that it’s gotten harder to afford a trip and it’s harder to justify paying for some of the things we used to do on a trip. Policies and charges are making many question a trip back. But just because you will refuse to pay doesn’t mean everyone else follows suit…. no matter how right you may be.

eliza61nyc

Lol oh the hate...

Ironically I was in Disney Springs this afternoon for lunch before catching a flight back to Philly.

Op I've been here long enough to take everything with a grain of salt. Wdwmagic has been predicting Disney's "comeuppance" forever.
I do agree that the average visitor probably doesn't follow Disney's inner workings nor follow Chapek with the intensity of a British tabloid but this is a fansite so I would expect it to be different.

Most of the people I know are also pretty happy with the mouse world but again most are relatively new comers so they don't constantly compare it to the past. My neighbor just purchased 200pts into dvc so go figure

I give you brownie points for saying some one had a good time, around here?? 'Dems fighting words

Jrb1979

Lol oh the hate...

Ironically I was in Disney Springs this afternoon for lunch before catching a flight back to Philly.

Op I've been here long enough to take everything with a grain of salt. Wdwmagic has been predicting Disney's "comeuppance" forever.
I do agree that the average visitor probably doesn't follow Disney's inner workings nor follow Chapek with the intensity of a British tabloid but this is a fansite so I would expect it to be different.

Most of the people I know are also pretty happy with the mouse world but again most are relatively new comers so they don't constantly compare it to the past. My neighbor just purchased 200pts into dvc so go figure

I give you brownie points for saying some one had a good time, around here?? 'Dems fighting words
I'm starting to come around on some things they are doing. I may not agree with the park Guardians is placed in. I'm still of the opinion Epcot should have no IP in it. I'm happy they are starting to add in move thrilling themed attractions. It's the one thing I have always felt they really lack.

With that said I have no interest in going anytime soon. While the parks may be fun, it's the other stuff you need to do before entering makes it not worth it right now. It's mainly due to the reservation system and Genie+. While it's not hard to do it just doesn't work for the way we visit parks.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Lol oh the hate...

I don’t know why one goes out of their way to point out the hyper critical/hyper fanboy duality of a Disney fan site?

Seems kinda common sense, doesn’t it Liz? very obvious.

So that’s why we laugh…why did Stark and Stark/Edgar Snyder and Associates bother with nonsense soliloquy? Pointless.

eliza61nyc

I don’t know why one goes out of their way to point out the hyper critical/hyper fanboy duality of a Disney fan site?

Seems kinda common sense, doesn’t it Liz? very obvious.

So that’s why we laugh…why did Stark and Stark/Edgar Snyder and Associates bother with nonsense soliloquy? Pointless.
I gotta admit I was guilty of this Sir, I'm still a bit intimidated about the breadth of Disney knowledge folks here have.
Remember though I'd bet that a large number of folks though just came here because disney is their happy place.

But I also have to admit, I had lunch at Disney Springs yesterday and it was a wonderful change from the constant "Disney is horrible and Chapek is the antiChrist" environment here.

Last edited:

drizgirl

I gotta admit I was guilty of this Sir, I'm still a bit intimidated about the breadth of Disney knowledge folks here have.
Remember though I'd bet that a large number of folks though just came here because disney is their happy place.

But I also have to admit, I had lunch at Disney Springs yesterday and it was a wonderful change from the constant "Disney is horrible and Chapek is the antiChrist" environment here.
I doubt you're going to find that kind of talk from people actually on vacation. Most let all of that go and try to get the most enjoyment they can once they are there. Doesn't mean they don't feel that way.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

I always make special allowances for you 😎
Probably most did. I did.
So did I…long ago…in an internet galaxy far, far away

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I doubt you're going to find that kind of talk from people actually on vacation. Most let all of that go and try to get the most enjoyment they can once they are there. Doesn't mean they don't feel that way.
Excellent point…

It’s possible for the cerebrum to have fun at a place AND discuss problems. Particularly when you’re not on the ground.

“Allegiance” to a stock traded company is just silly.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom