January 8 2003 Site Update: Alien Encounter/Stitch

wed050499

Originally posted by Horizons38
Those are all great ideas ! :D

thanks horizons,

i have several other ideas about it i may post in the imagineer forum just for the sake of it, not because they are any sort of rumors or anything. Honestly, none of my contacts from wdw and especially the magic kingdom have heard about this change yet. However, nobody ever said that CM's knew everything. I know, i am one.

Thanks again,
Brian

Horizons38

Premium Member
Originally posted by wed050499
thanks horizons,

i have several other ideas about it i may post in the imagineer forum just for the sake of it, not because they are any sort of rumors or anything. Honestly, none of my contacts from wdw and especially the magic kingdom have heard about this change yet. However, nobody ever said that CM's knew everything. I know, i am one.

Thanks again,
Brian

You're very welcome !:)

tweetypez1

MAYBE Disney has a big idea up there sleeve, or maybe they will destroy a decent attraction. What worries me is that this attraction WAS a rehab - a rare one that actually improved the space from a time waster to a real attraction. Given their track record at this type of thing, I doubt lightning will strike the same place twice.
By the way, did they forget that across the street they have a big empty space where Timekeeper used to be?
Or
Here's a compromise - COP featuring Stitch! At least it would stay open and make my skin crawl less than the new Tiki Birds.

:lol:

Imagineer Jer

Originally posted by Snapper Bean
Maybe I'm in the minority but I find this to be a positive development. I did Alien Encounter once but haven't done it since. I guess I distinguish between scary and funny. I think the average (I'm sure there are exceptions) park visitor is more likely to re-ride a funny attraction than a scary one. Plus as the father of young children it will be fun to have another option. I didn't see Lilo and Stich but my kids loved it. I don't have problem with theme upgrades on non-classic rides. Just my opinion.

Hey!
I couldn't agree with you anymore! The attraction is good but it not Disney Material, thats all. I would think it would be in Universal or something but anywhere but Disney. I am glad they are fixing it with Lilo and stitch. If you haven't seen it, then SEE IT! It is such a good film.

AkiraRaptor

Meega, nala kwishta!
I think they will just intergrate Stitch into the current storyline, maybe he'll be the one that lets Skippy lose, but then he'll save the day and help capture him at the end.

I can't see them turning Stitch, a character that they want children to love, into something that scares the very same children they are selling him to.

It will be some type of troublemaking, broke something, everything goes wrong kinda of thing, and isn't that what is already there, and I can see them injecting Stitch into that very easily.

Or maybe they'll just gut the whole ride and make a IASW with Stitches instead of paper dolls. :lol:

BigNorm

"I like cute and fluffy!"

:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: I'm with a few others who aren't big fans of AE, and would welcome a Alien Encounter with Stitch any time. I think the ride in its current version is a bit too intense for the younger set, this would be a great way to make a great attraction for the entire family. What else is Disney's Magic Kingdom about if not family?

pheneix

>>>That's your second source of reliable info right there. Isn't that good enough?<<<

Ordinarily yes, but I've seen so many different attractions get killed that I really, really doubt that this will happen.

Maria

Originally posted by pheneix
>>>That's your second source of reliable info right there. Isn't that good enough?<<<

Ordinarily yes, but I've seen so many different attractions get killed that I really, really doubt that this will happen.

Thread drift.-

Pheneix, why don´t you use the "quote" button on the bottom right corner of the screen? It is so hard to find who you are quoting the way you do it! :hammer:

Thanks! :animwink:

aim

I for one can't wait to see AE get changed. Like others have said, it just doesn't fit the whole Magic Kingdom idea. I feel that AE should have been at MGM! There, it would seem to fit more. When I think of Magic Kingdom, I think family and little kids. AE seems to be more for the older or more daring people. I've done AE a few times. I really want it to change....and its nothing better that Lilo & Stitch! Stitch fits right in the "Tomorrowland" theme!! Great idea!!!:sohappy: :sohappy: :D

meeko_33785

Sounds like a good change. Hope this is done well. As for Skippy, I have a feeling he'll stay in the attraction as well. I think Disney learned their lesson from Figment and won't take out a lovable and marketable character from the park. SIR however... he might just get the same fate as the Dreamfinder.

General Grizz

If they get rid of Skippy, I'm gonna sue...No, of course not, but I visit AE every time just to visit that creature...I love him to death.

Here's an observation: Tomorrowland with heroes and stories...or Tomorrowland with meanings? Personally, I love an original park - with attractions like Carousel of Progress, Timekeeper, and even Alien Encounter. I am leaning towards...are we losing the originality? I LOVE Stitch, but I really prefer a Tomorrowland - not about killing and blasting aliens - but about learning and being inspired about the FUTURE...not an attraction that is there because it has the chances of being considered "futuristic" or "spacey..." I really think it should be a blend, seen in attractions like Alien Encounter and the 1995 Timekeeper.

I say, rip Iago out of the Tiki Room and put Stitch there. Alien Encounter is PACKED everyday...and the Tiki Room will gain MANY more guests with Stitch in there...Hawaii, you know? I mean, if you're going to put him in, maybe just fix Tiki from Iago?? :veryconfu

I think it will be cute to see him there, but it's not the best idea I think. However, I think that it will be family friendly...if it's not scary...and that's a MAJOR plus!! :sohappy: Just keep Skippy...and give a moral!

Eh, I can see it being good...if they let it! :animwink:

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
Originally posted by Maria
Thread drift.-

Pheneix, why don´t you use the "quote" button on the bottom right corner of the screen? It is so hard to find who you are quoting the way you do it! :hammer:

Thanks! :animwink:

I know...it is so Irritating! :fork:

:wave:

TURKEY

I don't want to hear any complaining from people that want this change to happen if this turns out to be something bad like Journey into Imagination version 2 with no Figment.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Originally posted by pheneix
>>>Not much doubt to it now...<<<

There is when the only verifiable quote I've heard from inside Disney on the rumor is "yeah, marketing tie-ins like that are the only things that even get considered anymore, and even those are getting shot down as Disney sinks into the sea."

By any chance when youre wearing your universal uniform, does it have the Dr Dooms logo on it. Good to see your as up beat as ever. Try stopping sooking lemons you wouldnt be as bitter and twisted.

Back to the subject at hand...
If this ride goes down:dazzle: how many holes does that leave in the MK?

MKCustodial

Originally posted by turkey leg boy
I don't want to hear any complaining from people that want this change to happen if this turns out to be something bad like Journey into Imagination version 2 with no Figment.

My thoughts exactly, Brent! People ask for the death of AE, "it's not a family attraction!", and then complain EPCOT doesn't have enough thrills... Go figure. :rolleyes:

tenchu

Originally posted by AkiraRaptor
I think they will just intergrate Stitch into the current storyline, maybe he'll be the one that lets Skippy lose, but then he'll save the day and help capture him at the end.

Would that cost $10 million and mean a 6 month closure?

MKCustodial

Originally posted by tenchu
Would that cost $10 million and mean a 6 month closure?

Well, they had all this big budget for rehabbing JII and look what happened... I've said it before and I'll say it again. They're just gonna add Stitch on certain points, and maybe create a new video, like the guys from XS interacting with that alien president for tie-in purposes, and all those people that complain AE isn't interesting are gonna find it a blast even though they'll be experiencing the same effects. But no, it won't be the same since it's not a big bad monster drooling on you and trying to be scary, it's only Stitch, the cute alien, so it's funny, right? :rolleyes: :brick:

rjew

Thought I'd throw my 2 cents in...

AE and Timekeeper was part of a re-hab in the early 90s when the old futureworld looked more like 70's world. The media ads at the time indicated that the idea was to give FutureWorld an early 1900s, Jules Vern, view of the future with fantastic space ships and scientifc debacles like AE. You know - the stuff of the old black and white 'B' movies.

While I really liked the Stitch movie - how would Stitch fit into a Jule Vern theme? That's my only problem with it. The aliens depicted from that time frame were frightening, not cute and funny.

Thanks

aim

Originally posted by grizzlyhall
If they get rid of Skippy, I'm gonna sue...No, of course not, but I visit AE every time just to visit that creature...I love him to death.

Here's an observation: Tomorrowland with heroes and stories...or Tomorrowland with meanings? Personally, I love an original park - with attractions like Carousel of Progress, Timekeeper, and even Alien Encounter. I am leaning towards...are we losing the originality? I LOVE Stitch, but I really prefer a Tomorrowland - not about killing and blasting aliens - but about learning and being inspired about the FUTURE...not an attraction that is there because it has the chances of being considered "futuristic" or "spacey..." I really think it should be a blend, seen in attractions like Alien Encounter and the 1995 Timekeeper.

I say, rip Iago out of the Tiki Room and put Stitch there. Alien Encounter is PACKED everyday...and the Tiki Room will gain MANY more guests with Stitch in there...Hawaii, you know? I mean, if you're going to put him in, maybe just fix Tiki from Iago?? :veryconfu

Ya know, I never thought of putting Stitch in the Tiki Room! That WOULD make more sense. After reading your post, I changed my mind on this! :p I guess it would make sense to keep AE there. But, maybe they could update it a lil. But, it would be great if they redid the Tiki Room (I'm not a big fan of it). And, it would make sense to put Stitch in there. The only thing I would have to say about the AE being packed everyday....maybe something was going on during Christmas...but I sure know, everytime we passed AE, it wasn't packed. We saw on New Year's Eve earlier in the day, that there was a pretty good amount of people in line. But any other time, the only wait was to actually get in the building. No line. But maybe something was going on with it, I don't know. Just thought I'd say that. (Not tryin to be mean)

meeko_33785

I don't know. I like the Iago/ Zazu version of the Tiki Room and really see no reason to change it to Stitch. Alien Encounter just feels like it need something- a dash more humor, a tad less violence. Stitch would do just that. He's cute and cuddley but yet edgy enough to make the attraction work. I'm still looking forward to the redo.

As for the Jules Verne theme, the only thing that had that was Timekeeper. The rest of the land is crawling with aliens, rockets, and other 20th Century Sci-Fi themes. Stitch works well with that.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom