January 8 2003 Site Update: Alien Encounter/Stitch

Originally posted by meeko_33785
Alien Encounter just feels like it need something- a dash more humor, a tad less violence. Stitch would do just that.
My sentiments exactly. While I enjoy AE, you could still make a "scary" attraction with a bit more humor and a bit less violence, and make it appealing.

Frankly, I even think that Stitch being the alien "beamed" to earth in his original, pre-Lilo dangerous-but-cuddly state would be a lot of fun. Younger kids know they're not in danger - it's only Stitch. But the effects and all could be the same for the most part.

Finally, it's not like they're changing or replacing a "classic" attraction - this attraction (at both parks) has had more makeovers than just about any other! Anyone want to go to the moon?

dreamer

This is a no-brainer for Disney World. Alien encounter is definitely expendable and I'm glad they're getting rid of it.

I hope they can work in the Hawaiian theme, too.

ToTBellHop

Hawaii belongs in Adventureland, not Tomorrowland...and Hawaii has nothing to do with the present day Tomorrowland, set on an alien planet. If anything, this ride will be set where we see Stitch at the start of the movie...on a, well, alien planet. I hope it is still somewhat scary...the Magic Kingdom does not need another ride geared toward 5 year olds...

pheneix

>>>Try stopping sooking lemons you wouldnt be as bitter and twisted.<<<

I don't like lemons all that much. In fact, they will rot your teeth away!

Goofster

Aww, this is terrible news. I, being a teenager, think AE is awesome and scary and wicked cool. I think it is a lot of fun, but scary, im close to death fun. Still, it seems this rehab is unaviodable, so here are my hopes for the ride.

Change preshow video to have that grand councilwoman lady instead of chairman clench like was said earlier in the thread. Keep SIR and skippy, skippy seems lilo and stitch experiment 626-like enough anyway. Then, after some story I haven't come up with yet, go into the chamber and have stitch beamed in. only this isn't the cute, cuddly stitch we see at the end of the movie, this is the stitch from the beginning, a murdering, evil, criminal. He breaks out of the tube and wreaks havoc on the people in the chamber, breathing on the back of their necks, maybe licking, and most of the time breaking the tension with his crazy voice. And i love how they do the person up in the rafters, whether it's real or not i love it, so stitch will go up there and the guy will be really scared and stuff, but then stich will attack him but he wont have killed him, he'll just have spit goo on him or tied him up or something, no wait, spitting goo stuff on him is good because that can allow stuff to fall on guests' heads. Yeah and right when it seems like stitch is really going to kill, someone, like lilo or something comes on the speaker system and talks stitch into calming down and remembering that all these people are his family.

Anyway, the key to redoing this attraction is keeping it scary enough, but still adding some fun and comedy to it. Still, it will be hard to keep the scaryness when stitch is the main villain.

Well, there you go, that's my idea.

FLcastmember

Does anyone else see a possitive to all this....

FEB 04 till OCT 04.........6 or 7 months

THEY WILL HAVE TO REOPEN CoP and TIMEKEEPEER!

they couldnt go this long during winter break, spring break, easter, and summer without 3 tommorrowland attractions.

Or maybe WDW really is going to get rid of both, and knew about this Stitch thing so are just waitng till AE reopens in 2004.

I know some are going to argue because everyone at some time or another waited along time in line for everything, BUT AE wait times and #'s have gone down, and more then just other new rides that got old. Most of this christmas saw wait times for that ride in the 20's. And there are 2 closed rides in TL and considering there is 2 FP rides near by, and lots of guest need to go somewhere, they dont seem to be going to AE. I havent seen the Queue go all the way to the exit in a long time, even x-mas week.

But thats just what i have sceen, what do you all think????????

General Grizz

Actually, if they put Stich in the Tiki Room and put the more catchy Hawaiian music instead of rap and slow 50s music, it'll be a lot more entertaining and fun - more fitting...and it will give them a chance to make it more fitting to Adventureland! :) :)

But as for AE, again! Keep Skippy! If he goes, grr! :fork: :fork:

HOWEVER...I DO like that COP and Timekeeper thought... ;)

Brooke

I think it's a good idea. :) I think Stich will fit in perfectly since he's an alien...and I don't think he will make it any less scarier...

Quentin Disney

If there is ever a possible sign that Stitch is taking over AE, go to a Disney outlet store outside the resort (Like Character Wharehouse). Mounds and mounds of Skippy plush massively discounted.

CAPTAIN HOOK

I've done AE and enjoyed it - but have no intention of doing it again. Once you know the story / the scary bits / the end - thats it, attraction done. Lets have a change and include Lilo And Stitch.

MKCustodial

Originally posted by dreamer
This is a no-brainer for Disney World. Alien encounter is definitely expendable and I'm glad they're getting rid of it.

I hope they can work in the Hawaiian theme, too.

Hawaiian theme at Tomorrowland? Wow... I'm speechless...:rolleyes: :hammer: :hurl:

tenchu

This was the ride that managed to get a ' ______________ hell! ' out of someone who was determined not to enjoy WDW.

I think that says something for it.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Originally posted by tenchu
This was the ride that managed to get a ' ______________ hell! ' out of someone who was determined not to enjoy WDW.

I think that says something for it.

Unfortunately what it says is obviously too scurilous for us delicate souls and has been blanked:)

dreamer

Originally posted by CAPTAIN HOOK
I've done AE and enjoyed it - but have no intention of doing it again. Once you know the story / the scary bits / the end - thats it, attraction done. Lets have a change and include Lilo And Stitch.

Here, here!

Re futureland and Hawaii -- What parts of the globe won't be here in the future? But you're right, they won't include it. Too confusing for the guests and the all-important theme, which I understand is important.

I think I agree with Grizzly Hall that they should put a Lilo and Stitch attraction in Adventureland. Then they could include the Hawaiian theme and still look themselves in the mirror.

But then what excuse would they have to get rid of Alien Encounter? That's the whole point, isn't it?

PS Wasn't AE supposedly handpicked by Eisner? (Someone said that on another thread.) I wonder what he thinks about its demise!

Rogue21

AE/Stitch

I love Alien Encounter. The fact that is IS so different than other MK attractions is what makes (made?) it special. It also didn't hurt that I love scary stuff. And what about Skippy?

Griz had it right -- stick Stitch in Advertureland. And if they must change AE, then use "Signs" as the concept. Now, that was scary!

But, then -- how would that fit into Tomorrowland? Let alone the Magic Kingdom . . . :brick:

ahh, never mind.

Poor, poor Skippy!

:cry:

I am also glad to hear about Stitch. He should have a place at the World. Should AE be changed? Well my vote is for yes. I have only been on AE once and never again. I wouldnt mind an attraction that could possibly reduce the wait for Space Mountain.

Btw, does anyone know who the president or vice president of the Studios is? I want that person fired. The Magic Kingdom is getting Mickey's Phil thing and now Stitch. Epcot is getting Space and possibley more additions. Animal Kingdom has the rumored mountain. What is MGM getting? I rode the ToT4 and loved it but what's next RnRC with Rolling Stones or Who wants to be a multi-millionaire. Give me a break :hammer:

TURKEY

Originally posted by twistedmickey

Btw, does anyone know who the president or vice president of the Studios is? I want that person fired. The Magic Kingdom is getting Mickey's Phil thing and now Stitch. Epcot is getting Space and possibley more additions. Animal Kingdom has the rumored mountain. What is MGM getting? I rode the ToT4 and loved it but what's next RnRC with Rolling Stones or Who wants to be a multi-millionaire. Give me a break :hammer:

The president and vice president of the Studios don't get to decide, "hey, let's build this ride now". It's all part of a bigger picture and the decisions of where new attractions go is over their heads.

CP17

For you purist, what does Space Mountain or the raceway have to do with any Disney movie theme? What does the raceway have to do with the Tomorrowland theme? For the people who want clean family fun without anything that may scare kids (and it sounds like some adults), well we better take out the Haunted Mansion, the Snow White ride, Pirates of the Caribbean, I'm sure there are others. Don't get me wrong, I like new attractions as much as the old ones, but to take AE out because it is too scary is a lame excuse. Why not keep AE and take out the stage area in between Buzz adn CoP (and keep CoP open year round).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom