January 8 2003 Site Update: Alien Encounter/Stitch

Snapper Bean

Maybe I'm in the minority but I find this to be a positive development. I did Alien Encounter once but haven't done it since. I guess I distinguish between scary and funny. I think the average (I'm sure there are exceptions) park visitor is more likely to re-ride a funny attraction than a scary one. Plus as the father of young children it will be fun to have another option. I didn't see Lilo and Stich but my kids loved it. I don't have problem with theme upgrades on non-classic rides. Just my opinion.

mwitkus

I personally hated alien encounter and am glad to see it go. I know this is not a popular opinion, but I didn't consider it to be very Disney-like and was disappointed to experience such an attraction at what I think of as the happiest place on earth.

WDWspider

Originally posted by Snapper Bean
Maybe I'm in the minority but I find this to be a positive development. I did Alien Encounter once but haven't done it since. I guess I distinguish between scary and funny. I think the average (I'm sure there are exceptions) park visitor is more likely to re-ride a funny attraction than a scary one. Plus as the father of young children it will be fun to have another option. I didn't see Lilo and Stich but my kids loved it. I don't have problem with theme upgrades on non-classic rides. Just my opinion.

Hey I like it, AE was getting old and predictable to me, plus it furthur incorporates characters throughout MK like they have been the doing the past decade or so... Buzz, Aladdin, Iago/Zazu, and Song of the South.

MKCustodial

Well, I don't have any strong links to AE, but I'm still in doubt about this one. I remember it was a great experience the first couple of times I went on it, and I sure liked. On the other hand, I liked Lilo & Stitch. I just don't see how it'll fit in the actual attraction. Which gets me thinking: all those people that don't think AE scary simply because it has air on your neck and goo all over you from a monster are gonna find the same effects funny now simply because they'll "know" it's Stitch? :confused: And how does it tie in with Tomorrowland? Unless, of course, they shut down CoP and Timekeeper and call it Spaceland... Uh, never mind, I NEVER said ANYTHING!!! :lookaroun

Anyways, let's wait and see how it goes. But I still can't believe that Rob was wrong... :cry:

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
Why Dont they fix something that needs to to be fixed... COP!!!
Or Just tear it down or move it to Epcot or something.. COP is so useless, its only open a few weeks a year... put a Lilo and Stich show in the COP Building :lol: !

Now they are going to tinker around with somthing that does not need tinkering! Adding Lilo and Stich, making AE a kiddy show?

*sorry done venting*

diegorivera2

Thank goodness!!

I still can't believe that a ride which scares half its intended audience is a good thing for the MK. It always got my goat that Eisner told the Imagineers (before opening) to make it *more* scarier.

Good-bye!

Horizons38

Premium Member
:sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: Now if they can keep Skippy there too it will be perfect !:sohappy: Just hope they keep some of the idea of the original and not become sappy !

dopey

Glad to hear it's getting the heave-ho, but I certainly hope that they do a total makeover. (With a $10 million budget, I would think they would.) It would be pointless and, quite possibly, counterproductive, to simply insert Stich...or maybe even Lilo?!!!...into the Skippy role.

wed050499

Hey all,

I for one am happy for the change, but as many of you have stated, wish to see some of the original content remain the same. Honestly, I believe some of it will. I really cannot see imagineers removing SIR seeing that he is right now the most advanced audio animatronic in the parks anywhere, until of course they bring out the unteathered ones. I can see a simple replacement of the alien we encounter presently encounter on the attraction with stitch himself. think about this for instance, in the current AE, the alien encounters the technician and subsequently eats the technician spraying us all over. Now, instead of stitch encountering the technician, he encounters a blender, such as we see in the movie and we're sprayed by that instead. I think there are a number of really great gags that could be made with stitch as our alien.

Likewise, if they do change from the current XS-Tech theme in its entirety, I can easily see Clench being replaced with the Grand Councilwoman. to me the possibilities for this attraction teaming up with stitch are endless.

Just my thoughts,
Brian

WDWspider

Originally posted by pheneix
I really, really don't think that this is happening...

Not much doubt to it now... unless Steve is playing the biggest April Fool's Joke ever, and we are being set up for the delivery on next April Fool's Day. :eek:

Horizons38

Premium Member
Originally posted by wed050499
Hey all,

I for one am happy for the change, but as many of you have stated, wish to see some of the original content remain the same. Honestly, I believe some of it will. I really cannot see imagineers removing SIR seeing that he is right now the most advanced audio animatronic in the parks anywhere, until of course they bring out the unteathered ones. I can see a simple replacement of the alien we encounter presently encounter on the attraction with stitch himself. think about this for instance, in the current AE, the alien encounters the technician and subsequently eats the technician spraying us all over. Now, instead of stitch encountering the technician, he encounters a blender, such as we see in the movie and we're sprayed by that instead. I think there are a number of really great gags that could be made with stitch as our alien.

Likewise, if they do change from the current XS-Tech theme in its entirety, I can easily see Clench being replaced with the Grand Councilwoman. to me the possibilities for this attraction teaming up with stitch are endless.

Just my thoughts,
Brian

Those are all great ideas ! :D

SirNim

WOW!:eek:

But you know, AE was just ripe for a Stitch tie-in... Considering the success of the movie... And Disney's past actions with these kinds of things...

As long as they keep Skippy!:D

Katherine

Can't wait to see what imagineers have in store! Never got up the guts to go on AE bu I'm sure it was a cool ride. Can't wait!!

pheneix

>>>Not much doubt to it now...<<<

There is when the only verifiable quote I've heard from inside Disney on the rumor is "yeah, marketing tie-ins like that are the only things that even get considered anymore, and even those are getting shot down as Disney sinks into the sea."

WDWspider

Originally posted by pheneix
>>>Not much doubt to it now...<<<

There is when the only verifiable quote I've heard from inside Disney on the rumor is "yeah, marketing tie-ins like that are the only things that even get considered anymore, and even those are getting shot down as Disney sinks into the sea."

Um... did you read the post, or the documentations that Steve has been putting up on this for some time now. That's your second source of reliable info right there. Isn't that good enough?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom