January 2011 roll call....

kch4095

34 days, 19 hours, and 54 minutes until our next arrival. We are so excited about staying at the Bay Lake Tower. Only getting to stay 5 days because of school, but plan to make the most out of it!

Upvote 0

Disney_Belle

Pondering the same thing. Best bet is to check the long-range forecast a day or two before your trip.

In my research/experience, the uncomfortably cold temps Florida is experiencing currently (and last January) are the exception, not the rule. Seems like your best bet would be to pack layers. Regardless of temps during the day, it will definitely be cool in the evenings, so bring a good jacket/coat that you may or may not have to press into service during the days as well.

I've been in January several times. Pack extra clothes for layers just in case. I've seen temps in the mid 80's in January, and temps in the mid 40's with freeze warnings over night. I have been to WDW every month of the year (except March) and I love the usual January weather (high 60's and low 70's and sunny). Warm enough with the sun to be comfortable in a Tshirt or light long sleeved shirt, but not sweaty. But do be prepared for unexpected cold just in case. The crowd levels are usually really well. Never having to wait more than 10 - 15 minutes when I go. This time we're going later in the month of January and carrying over in to the beginning of February - so hopefully it will still be good!

Have fun :wave:

Upvote 0

Tybee

I've been in January several times. Pack extra clothes for layers just in case. I've seen temps in the mid 80's in January, and temps in the mid 40's with freeze warnings over night. I have been to WDW every month of the year (except March) and I love the usual January weather (high 60's and low 70's and sunny). Warm enough with the sun to be comfortable in a Tshirt or light long sleeved shirt, but not sweaty. But do be prepared for unexpected cold just in case. The crowd levels are usually really well. Never having to wait more than 10 - 15 minutes when I go. This time we're going later in the month of January and carrying over in to the beginning of February - so hopefully it will still be good!

Have fun :wave:

Thanks for the tips. January is certainly the single best time of the year for crowd levels from what I understand. I know crowds might be somewhat elevated because of Marathon Weekend during our trip, but we took a "if you can't beat 'em, join 'em," attitude, which is how we ended up registered for our first 5K.

I believe late January is probably even better than early, crowd-wise, but hopefully none of us will have to contend with many lines. It'll certainly take the edge off so much stuff being closed for refurb.

Upvote 0

Disney_Belle

Thanks for the tips. January is certainly the single best time of the year for crowd levels from what I understand. I know crowds might be somewhat elevated because of Marathon Weekend during our trip, but we took a "if you can't beat 'em, join 'em," attitude, which is how we ended up registered for our first 5K.

I believe late January is probably even better than early, crowd-wise, but hopefully none of us will have to contend with many lines. It'll certainly take the edge off so much stuff being closed for refurb.

We arrived a day before a Marathon weekend and stayed for 10 days once. It wasn't as bad as I had expected, but we did notice the crowds thin out throught the week following. I love going in January. The low crowd levels are worth the chilly weather lol.

Upvote 0

Toveck

46 days for us!! Jan 22-30 :)

Me, my mom, dad, little brother, and sister, brother in law, and baby nephew. It's my brother's 2nd trip, and my dad's very first time!!:sohappy:

We are also going from the 22nd to the 30th! Were staying at POP for the first time, my daughter's birthday is the 24th and she wanted to try POP.

Upvote 0

dixiegirl

WOOHOOO Got my Magical Express Tickets today!!!! Anyone else??
Yes I know they never change, but its something to look at every couple of days...Its getting closer!!!!!!!:)

Upvote 0

eroyee

Wow, what does switching hotels feel like (is it a relatively easy process)? Never done that before.
We switched from POP to POR one time halfway thru our visit. It was amazing. they actually drove us over to POR with our luggage from POP. I think all most people do is take luggage to bell services and they transfer while you are enjoying yourself in the park. Disney can do anything........they have great service.............39 days for us now. I am soooooooo excited.....Its our 12th anniversary. we honeymooned at Dixie Landings.

Upvote 0

timeman

Two weeks till I will be there. Going Dec 30th - Jan 6th and staying at the Pop thanks to Master Yoda for booking it. I will be at Epcot on New Year's Eve and this will be my second time being down there for New Year's Eve with the last time being in 2008.:sohappy:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom