January 2011 roll call....

myhappyplace

Crazy Cat Lady
46 days for us!! Jan 22-30 :)

Me, my mom, dad, little brother, and sister, brother in law, and baby nephew. It's my brother's 2nd trip, and my dad's very first time!!:sohappy:

Upvote 0

ctosh

Original Poster
38 days and same as several of you a 14 hr drive... I dont care!!! I can't wait!!! :wave:
counting down every day... We have a Disney count down right beside our Christmas...

Upvote 0

BigNormsMom

44 for me too! 8 days at the Beach Club. Our last Jan trip for a while-- my son enters high school next year and Martin Luther week is exam week there. Been going in Jan since 2004-- having a hard time decideing when our new week will be!

Since you have previously been in January can you tell me how to pack. I have always gone in the summer, and I imagine it can get cold in Florida. It is only 36 there now. Help.:brick::wave::wave: Thank you

Upvote 0

Tybee

Since you have previously been in January can you tell me how to pack. I have always gone in the summer, and I imagine it can get cold in Florida. It is only 36 there now. Help.:brick::wave::wave: Thank you

Pondering the same thing. Best bet is to check the long-range forecast a day or two before your trip.

In my research/experience, the uncomfortably cold temps Florida is experiencing currently (and last January) are the exception, not the rule. Seems like your best bet would be to pack layers. Regardless of temps during the day, it will definitely be cool in the evenings, so bring a good jacket/coat that you may or may not have to press into service during the days as well.

Upvote 0

Layers is the way. I take a few pairs of shorts, a few capris, and a few jeans. Then some s/s shirts, and a bunch of zip up sweatshirts. Usually in the mornings it is cool, but the afternoons warm up nicely, but then you need that sweatshirt again for the evening. We have only ever had one year where I wish we had our winter coats and that was 2005 when there was a blizzard in the northeast! :eek:

Last year December and early Jan were freezing in Fla., but when we went for our week the kids were swimming all week--it was in the high 70's every day, and the groundskeepers were frantically trying to replant everything that had died during the cold snap. (We have pictures of all the signs saying Jack Frost came and ruined the plants):)

38 more days!!!!!!!!!!:sohappy:

Upvote 0

eroyee

48 more days till our magical vacation at POR. we have 18 hrs. to drive. Ugh....I am soooo excited I cant stand it............:sohappy:

Upvote 0

dixiegirl

45 more days till my hubby and I start our "weekend getaway"!! Celebrating our 15yr anniversary where it all started at POR (although back then it was Dixie Landings)! We were'nt supposed to be going away till April but we had a $400. credit with Southwest that we "had" to use before March..So where else does my mind think of DISNEYWORLD!! We got great $79. flight deal Mother inlaw is paying for our hotel stay for our Christmas present ( as she asks us "well if you want I'll pay for your stay", ...Hell yeah, called back in October and asked if there were any AP deals going on in Jan The CM told me well since its our 15yr anniversary he'll give us 40% off WooHOO, yes I know thats usually a AP rate anyway but I was super excited), and we're already AP ...So its really not gonna cost anything!!!! WOOHOO!

Ok sorry to go into such great detail but I can't wait to go back "home"..Nope never ever sick of that place!!!!!

And going back to POR, haven't been back there since 2006 when we became DVC members!

Its coming so quick!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom