Jack Sparrow at the Magic Kindom *Video and Pictures*

yensidtlaw1969

dxwwf3 said:
I think yensidtlaw has a great point there. Similar to how the AA's in the ride aren't supposed to look exactly like Depp.
Umm, I could be both wrong and defeating the point I tried to make earlier, but i think I heard it said that the sculpt for Jack's face was an actual casting of Johnny Depp's head.

:lookaroun

Yensid 'Then again, I could have heard wrong. Steve? Lee? Corrus? Tirian? JOHNNY DEPP!?!?! ANYONE!?!???!?1/1/!??!/1/Q1//1AUQ1KL . . . I need to stop that:lookaroun " tlaw1969

XSTech

Original Poster
When he first came out, someone in the crowd said, "Is that really Johnny Depp?!?!?!" and it wasn't until he got close that they realized it wasn't. Some of the facial expressions and gestures in person were spot on to the point where I thought I was watching Johnny Depp. He did a fantastic job and really reacted well with the crowd and the kids. It's only going to get better from here. I can't wait to see it again when I'm not holding a camera the whole time! ;)

JPVonDrake

For those that wish to become Pirates....

Captain Jack Sparrow's Pirate Tutorial

June 23rd - December 31st
Daily:
11:00AM
11:50AM
12:40PM
1:30PM
3:30PM
4:20PM
5:10PM

Note: All times & entertainment subject to change without notice.

DisneyDellsDude

JPVonDrake said:
For those that wish to become Pirates....

Captain Jack Sparrow's Pirate Tutorial

June 23rd - December 31st
Daily:
11:00AM
11:50AM
12:40PM
1:30PM
3:30PM
4:20PM
5:10PM

Note: All times & entertainment subject to change without notice.

That's a lot of shows!! Is there only the one guy that does this??

XSTech

Original Poster
Bill Smugs said:
rickey can you add the vidieo to your podcast feed?

I thought about it, but I don't want to bog down anyone's podcast aggregator with a 100mb file. I may still do it with the show tomorrow.

GenieGirl

Ok, so i have tried viewing it a number of different ways and I get the message that the content is no longer there!!! When I click on it directly, the page stays blank, when I download the URL into quicktime it tells me it isn't there....argh!!! any suggestions?? (of course, I could just go into work early and see it, but today is my day off and my mornings tend to be busy, soooo....)

KrazyKemp

I downloaded it this morning, took a few minutes...

I stopped watching it after a few minutes...his voice needs a lot of work...

(plus I didn't want to spoil everything, I will be there in a few months)

Someone said he sounded like Gaston, which is true.

Ah well...maybe he'll work on that before I get there.

celestia

good mannerisms. good show.

But the voice! eesh... i couldn't finish watching it because it bothered me so much.

Great portrayl though otherwise.

COOLKID007

My son was in the show with Sparrow

mY youngest son, Ethan, was a helper pirate in the first show outside Pirates Yesterday. It was a great show and the guy who played Sparrow was great. Both of my sons loved the show and it was a great way to end our Disney vacation. Unfortunately, I'm back here in good ol NJ. I think Pirates is going to be packed for months and months to come. :)

Main Street USA

Attachments

• DSC00672.jpg
    DSC00672.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 88
  • DSC00689_1.jpg
    DSC00689_1.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 86
  • DSC00694_1.jpg
    DSC00694_1.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 73
  • DSCF0022_14.jpg
    DSCF0022_14.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 96
  • DSCF0035_27.jpg
    DSCF0035_27.jpg
    116.3 KB · Views: 82

MickeyTigg

The look is good....the mannerisms are fairly good, but they need to work on the voice. He sounded nothing like Captain Jack.

The kids appeared to like the show though.

I liked it but there is room for improvement.

Senderella

dxwwf3 said:
I thought the guy did a fine job. It is very tough to mimic that voice, but he did get the manurisms down pat.

you're right DX... i think physically he looks REALLY as close to depp as you can get w/o being him. I paid close attn to the mannerisms and I thought he had it pretty close. His English is too proper though... that's the only thing

XSTech

Original Poster
I rewatched the movie last night (since I was jealous at not attending the new movie premiere at DL!) and noticed that half of Jack Sparrow's lines are said really quickly and quietly, often with a lot of slurring. You can't translate that into an in-park performer that has to be understandable in front of a crowd of 50-100 people. If he stood up there and sounded just like Johnny Depp in the movies, no one would have a clue what he was saying.

Yes, he could sound a little more like Jack Sparrow (the accent could be thicker), but not completely without making it weird.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom