Jack Sparrow at the Magic Kindom *Video and Pictures*

XSTech

Original Poster
wbboy29 said:
I'm sorry am I doing something wrong? When I click on that link I don't see this show. The last show posted in show 63 (Past, Present......). Am I that blind or is there something I'm missing?

Look at the top of the page where it says
"Click here to watch Jack Sparrow LIVE at the Magic Kingdom!"

darklight926

kennygman said:
Gotta give him a break. He is trying to emulate one of the best character actors of our time.

Johnny Depp's not a character actor, character actors play the same kind of role throughout their careers. Like Vin Diesel always plays the action star or Jennifer Aniston is always the lead female in a romantic comedy. Johnny trys to always play a different kind of character so he won't get type cast. (sorry I spead way too much time in a theatre.)

Pete C

He has the facial expressions down, but his voice impersonation needs a lot of work. His voice is too deep. I look forward to seeing what DL comes up with.

Testtrack321

darklight926 said:
Johnny Depp's not a character actor, character actors play the same kind of role throughout their careers. Like Vin Diesel always plays the action star or Jennifer Aniston is always the lead female in a romantic comedy. Johnny trys to always play a different kind of character so he won't get type cast. (sorry I spead way too much time in a theatre.)

Really? I thought a character actor is one that is usually a supporting role and instead of acting one thing through the rest of their lives they lend their tallents to memorable characters, not Vin Diesel. Tony Shalhoub and Stephen Root come to mind.

disnyfan89

character actors are actors who create a living human or creature using there acting skills. A good character actor can create different characters.

Not type-cast-character-actor

8<:-)

I'm sure they picked the best to audition. It's not Depp but come on, it's also not cinderella, snow white, mickey mouse, etc..etc..:brick:

Scar Junior

8<:-) said:
I'm sure they picked the best to audition. It's not Depp but come on, it's also not cinderella, snow white, mickey mouse, etc..etc..:brick:

no kidding....

I find it hilarious that people are saying "he needs to go tanning." "His face is too round."

Of course it's not the same image as the one that spent hours in make-up, is shot with altered lighting and then digitally cleaned up in post production...

He looks as good as you'll find. I'm now doubting my ability to be Johnny Depp for Halloween... perhaps I should just try to be Orlando Bloom...

dxwwf3

I thought the guy did a fine job. It is very tough to mimic that voice, but he did get the manurisms down pat.

yensidtlaw1969

nyfrenchy said:
not much to look at, IMHO...
What are you talking about!?!?! her elbows are HOTTT!!1! , man! No offence to Minnie, she's up there on the hottie list :)lookaroun ), but she ain't got elbows like that.

Yensid "Elbows are NOT a euphenism (no, I don't have a fetish, I'm just being wierd)" tlaw1969

PlaneJane

In the Parks
No
yensidtlaw1969 said:
What are you talking about!?!?! her elbows are HOTTT!!1! , man! No offence to Minnie, she's up there on the hottie list (), but she ain't got elbows like that.

Yensid "Elbows are NOT a euphenism (no, I don't have a fetish, I'm just being wierd)" tlaw1969
weirdo... :drevil: :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

dxwwf3

Enderikari said:
Cool, Walt Disney World has a new entertainment offering for its guests, starring a recognizable character... Cue opinionated morons complaining about it in 5...4....3....

Wait, its already happening

Oh come now. I'd say about 90% of the reaction has been positive. If someone didn't care for the show it doesn't make them an "opinionated moron". Not everyone has to like everything new at WDW.

I'm not sure this is something I would spend my park time watching in person, but I hope that people enjoy the show....and it keeps them out of other attraction queues for a little bit ;). I watched part of it again, and I was more impressed with the actor the 2nd time, especially for his first show. The voice is something that can easily be improved upon. And I'm sure he will get better at that. The look and the actions are more important anyways and that is currently not a problem one bit.

yensidtlaw1969

I like to think of it this way . . . when people see the movie alot of them think "OMG!!!1!!11! It's Johnny Depp!!!111111111111_1". Here, they won't do that, and since he doesn't look like Johnny Depp in his face and he DOES look like Jack Sparrow in his attire and mannerisms, people will think of him as Jack Sparrow. They don't know who this guy really is. In the movie, even if it's subliminally, you know it's Johnny Depp, and while it's a fantastic performance he puts on, it's difficult to be completely Immersed knowing his 'alter ego". Here, they don't know of an alter ego, and so he is just Jack Sparrow. In that way, the audience will become that much more immersed in the magic. Subliminally. Yes.

Yensid "SUBLIMINAL MEI like squirrelsSSAGES ROCK!!!1!111!!!____1!1__!a_1-AJ1IOPJ!!!11$#234511*!8!!" TLAW1969

dxwwf3

I think yensidtlaw has a great point there. Similar to how the AA's in the ride aren't supposed to look exactly like Depp.

I don't think that the Jack Sparrow character in the park should try to be exactly like Depp. But like imagineer boy said before, he shouldn't sound like Gaston either. I'm sure in a few weeks, he'll be perfect.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom