Jack Sparrow at the Magic Kindom *Video and Pictures*

sydsmom1997

I can't play it either. Mine keeps saying I don't have the proper program to open the file. I've tried it through my windows media player and my real player. Just won't work. I am barely computer literate. I will have to live vicariously though all of your responses.:brick:

gibsonc

UK Disney Geek
sydsmom1997 said:
I can't play it either. Mine keeps saying I don't have the proper program to open the file. I've tried it through my windows media player and my real player. Just won't work. I am barely computer literate. I will have to live vicariously though all of your responses.:brick:

...... in addition to what I just said, you will need Quicktime 7 or one of the later versions of iTunes as the video is encoded in h264 format. just get the new version from http://www.apple.com/quicktime

(If for whatever reason you don't want to use Quicktime or iTunes you could try VLC Player - http://www.videolan.org/ its free, quite small, plays lots of different video formats and is available for Windows, Mac and lots of other platforms.)

C&D

Is it tan he lacks, or Pirate grunge. Probably a little of both. I guess they had to clean him up a bit for the park.

imagineer boy

Okay, I finally got it to work.

Here are my thoughts:

*The actor did the body gestures and mannerisms perfectly

*The audience was very attentive and into the show the whole time

*Jack's assistant though, was annoying. They could've made him comic relief without being so over the top. Just down play him a bit and it'll be fine.

*Like everyone else said, Jack's voice needs work. There was very little accent, and the actor sounded alot like Gaston from Beauty and the Beast. :lol:

Overall, looks like a great show that should keep guests entertained. Job well done Disney. I'm sure they'll fix a couple things I mentioned above in the future.

Jenna

I'm going to WDW in 2 weeks time and was just wandering where do you meet Sparrow? Outside POC I assume? Can't wait!

"But what about the rum?"-Legend

8<:-)

Thanks for the video.

From a distance he looks alright...but the voice....:lol:
Overall entertaining and should fool the kiddies...

-thedisneycast

sydsmom1997

Yes, Quicktime did the trick...thanks so much! Video was great! It already fooled DD age 8. I can't wait to see it in person. I agree, the voice needs some work, but there is definately only one Johnny Depp. This guy did a good job. I imagine fine tuning will come with some time. It is still so new.

gibsonc

UK Disney Geek
sydsmom1997 said:
Yes, Quicktime did the trick...thanks so much! Video was great! It already fooled DD age 8. I can't wait to see it in person. I agree, the voice needs some work, but there is definately only one Johnny Depp. This guy did a good job. I imagine fine tuning will come with some time. It is still so new.

Great!

your right, although the voice could do with a little work, he did a good job.

Actually maybe the voice does need to be a little different from the film, Jack Sparrows voice might not be the best for talking to a large group of people and keep them interested for a long time, if you try to picture his voice in that situation?!?!? just me?

gibsonc

UK Disney Geek
madame_leota_19 said:
I can't get it to play for me. I downloaded qicktime but it still won't play.

a couple of tips which may or may not help -

Have you tried saving the video to your computer first? sometimes with large files it can be best to do this. Just right click on the link and select 'save target as ' or 'Download Linked File' or something similar. Its a large file so may take time to download. Open the file with the Quicktime player when it has downloaded to your PC.

If you are using Internet Explorer on Windows and have the latest security updates, after installing Quicktime Internet Explorer will put a yellow bar across the top of the browser window when it tries to open a quicktime video for the first time. You need to click on this and select install to get Quicktime to work correctly inside Internet Explorer.

Quicktime should have asked to restart your PC after you installed it, if you didnt try restarting your pc. This isnt always the case but sometimes it is required so that Quicktime is registered with your system and web browser correctly.

PeaJay18

I copied the file location into the "open url" part of Quicktime and it worked fine.

I like it - he's go the look, speech patterns and mannerisms down very well.
Short of hiring a professional Depp impersonator I don't think much can be done about the voice.
On the whole I think it worked well.

Enderikari

Cool, Walt Disney World has a new entertainment offering for its guests, starring a recognizable character... Cue opinionated morons complaining about it in 5...4....3....

Wait, its already happening

imagineer boy

Enderikari said:
Cool, Walt Disney World has a new entertainment offering for its guests, starring a recognizable character... Cue opinionated morons complaining about it in 5...4....3....

Wait, its already happening

I don't see anyone bashing this show. Alot of people have said they liked it with the exception of the voice including myself.

SpenceMan01

HandyAndy said:
I didn't think pirates were supposed to have posh accents!
nailonhead5rq.gif

I think the voice is the only problem, and a minor one at that. I really am impressed with this new meet and greet.

wbboy29

I'm sorry am I doing something wrong? When I click on that link I don't see this show. The last show posted in show 63 (Past, Present......). Am I that blind or is there something I'm missing?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom