Jack and Sally?

kingtrmpt

I like NBC more than the average person and I hope to see Jack (and the little one-eyed mummy, my son loves him) getting the billing he deserves at WDW. As for the costume in the pic, the head has to be more rounded as that stpid elongated shape makes Jack look mutated.

With regards to Jack's costume, my first impression was the same as yours. However, upon consideration I think that it works magnificently. Why? Because with that makeup Jack effectively becomes a face character, able engage the guests in conversation. If I'm not mistaken, I believe they employed this strategy for other characters such as Captain Hook and Mr. Smee also. If you watch the video, you'll see that it actually is quite effective. My two cents.

-Kingtrmpt

techiegsy

Right. But it fits HM. But does HM for LS? Or is it visa versa?:lookaroun

Here...simple soluiton...Keep NBC outta LS.:lol:

You could do more interior changes, and have a couple of changes on the outside. Or just go with the story that Jack crossed from Halloween town and landed on HM... Hence the crashed sleigh thing... The era is irrelevant

raven

If they put a M&G for Jack and Sally in at WDW near Haunted Mansion it could possibly "open the door" to a full-fledged Haunted Mansion Holiday at WDW just like at Disneyland. That would mean Haunted Mansion would have to close for 12 days in September (second slowest month of year) for an installation rehab and then close again for 10 days in January (slowest month of year) for the replacement rehab.

It's best to keep this kind of fun stuff at Disneyland.

A NBC overlay at WDW will never happen. Closing the HM in DL for a month to change it and another month to change it back isn't a big deal for the locals there, which is a huge percentage of it's guests. WDW's mansion will not close the doors that long for a regular scheduled overlay. This is a fact mentioned on the Behind the Scenes cast-only tour many times. But the mansion in WDW has more than a few NBC items hidden within the attraction. :animwink:

Animaniac93-98

A NBC overlay at WDW will never happen. Closing the HM in DL for a month to change it and another month to change it back isn't a big deal for the locals there, which is a huge percentage of it's guests. WDW's mansion will not close the doors that long for a regular scheduled overlay. This is a fact mentioned on the Behind the Scenes cast-only tour many times. But the mansion in WDW has more than a few NBC items hidden within the attraction. :animwink:

That "fact" is BS spun by people paid by Disney.

The real reason is more likely one brought up in the SM thread where Disney dislikes the idea of offering Halloween/Christmas fun to everyone when they feel guests should pay extra for it (unlike the other MKs).

raven

That "fact" is BS spun by people paid by Disney.

The real reason is more likely one brought up in the SM thread where Disney dislikes the idea of offering Halloween/Christmas fun to everyone when they feel guests should pay extra for it (unlike the other MKs).

MNSSHP and MVMCP can be set up within a matter of hours. The HM overlay will take a month on each end of it. And, as seen by many posts here on the boards, downtime for popular attractions "ruin vacations" for many guests.

Face it, it's not going to happen at WDW. A whole NBC attraction is more likely than an overlay.

TP2000

As if on cue.... :animwink:

Haunted Mansion at Disneyland is actually closed for just 16 days to install the Holiday show, and around 12 days to remove it.

The Holiday install rehab this year is September 8th - 23rd. That happens to be about the slowest time of the year as well when it comes to attendance, short of rainy days in January/February, so it works well.

If the "facts" being repeated by Cast Members to other Cast Members on backstage, internal tours are that it takes a month of closure on each end of the Holiday show for Disneyland, then I would be very leery of any type of "fact" that is being given by the tour guides. The tour guide you had doesn't have their facts straight at all. :lol:

Tokyo Disneyland also does a Haunted Mansion Holiday overlay as well, and it's fabulous. The Holiday closure rehab is 15 days in Tokyo this year: August 25th - September 9th. (They start "Halloween" earlier in Japan).

The It's A Small World Holiday install/removal rehabs have a similar timeframe. A bit over two weeks to install it in late October/early November, and a bit under two weeks to remove it in early January. They do Small World Holiday in Tokyo and Anaheim very similarly, and it's also fabulous.

Space Mountain Ghost Galaxy has a two week install rehab this September for its inaugural year at Disneyland, mainly for tweaks and testing, but the strong rumor is that in following years that new show has been designed to install/remove in just a couple of days.

Not trying to be confrontational, just trying to get the real "facts" out there. Dates on a calendar don't lie, but tour guides giving a backstage tour can sometimes exaggerate a bit. :)

nemofinder22

The way I see it if WDW isnt willing to do the holiday overlays thats fine, more exclusive holiday overlays for DLR, TDLR, and HKDL then.

raven

Not trying to be confrontational, just trying to get the real "facts" out there. Dates on a calendar don't lie, but tour guides giving a backstage tour can sometimes exaggerate a bit. :)

Our tour guide, Judy, has been at the mansion since 1971 when it first opened. The original downtime for the NBC overlay took a month. That's possibly where that information came from.

TP2000

Our tour guide, Judy, has been at the mansion since 1971 when it first opened. The original downtime for the NBC overlay took a month. That's possibly where that information came from.

Very likely that's where Judy got that from then. The original rehab for the first year of Haunted Mansion Holiday took the entire month of September back in 2001.

Haunted Mansion Holiday has been performing regularly since 2001, this will be its 9th year, and the rehabs are generally 15 or 16 days to install, and 12 or 13 days to remove. Haunted Mansion Holiday also often opens a day early, sneaking open on the afternoon the day before the scheduled grand opening.

Similarly, when It's A Small World Holiday first debuted in November, 1997, it had been closed for about a month prior to the Holiday opening. That Holiday install/removal rehab was quickly cut in half once they had it down. Small World Holiday also has a habit of opening just a tad early, usually the day before its scheduled to open publicly.

If you see Judy the Tour Guide, you might want to get her up to speed so she can edit her tour script a bit. The specific dates each year are all available on the public Internet, and the internal Disney intranet site. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom