Jack and Sally?

Animaniac93-98

MNSSHP and MVMCP can be set up within a matter of hours. The HM overlay will take a month on each end of it. And, as seen by many posts here on the boards, downtime for popular attractions "ruin vacations" for many guests.

Face it, it's not going to happen at WDW. A whole NBC attraction is more likely than an overlay.

You missed the point, making Halloween offerings more exclusive to the parties gives a better insensitive for guests to pay extra to go to them. Down time has nothing to do with it (how many years was CBJ Christmas going on?).

EpcotServo

As if on cue.... :animwink:

Haunted Mansion at Disneyland is actually closed for just 16 days to install the Holiday show, and around 12 days to remove it.

The Holiday install rehab this year is September 8th - 23rd. That happens to be about the slowest time of the year as well when it comes to attendance, short of rainy days in January/February, so it works well.

If the "facts" being repeated by Cast Members to other Cast Members on backstage, internal tours are that it takes a month of closure on each end of the Holiday show for Disneyland, then I would be very leery of any type of "fact" that is being given by the tour guides. The tour guide you had doesn't have their facts straight at all. :lol:

Tokyo Disneyland also does a Haunted Mansion Holiday overlay as well, and it's fabulous. The Holiday closure rehab is 15 days in Tokyo this year: August 25th - September 9th. (They start "Halloween" earlier in Japan).

The It's A Small World Holiday install/removal rehabs have a similar timeframe. A bit over two weeks to install it in late October/early November, and a bit under two weeks to remove it in early January. They do Small World Holiday in Tokyo and Anaheim very similarly, and it's also fabulous.

Space Mountain Ghost Galaxy has a two week install rehab this September for its inaugural year at Disneyland, mainly for tweaks and testing, but the strong rumor is that in following years that new show has been designed to install/remove in just a couple of days.

Not trying to be confrontational, just trying to get the real "facts" out there. Dates on a calendar don't lie, but tour guides giving a backstage tour can sometimes exaggerate a bit. :)

^Right. What he said.

TP2000

^Right. What he said.

The interesting thing is that the Wikipedia entry on Haunted Mansion Holiday I read yesterday very specifically mentions Walt Disney World;

"Haunted Mansion Holiday opened in September 2001 and quickly became popular with guests, leading to the attraction's FastPass machines being activated during the overlay (They are normally inactive). The Tokyo version props were intended for Walt Disney World, but when the park abandoned plans to install the attraction, Tokyo (which features a carbon copy of their Haunted Mansion) received all the props." -Wikipedia 7/18/09

Now we all know that Wikipedia can be wrong, but it is true that the Tokyo version and layout of Haunted Mansion is a direct lift of the WDW version. (But with far better maintenance and CM's in Tokyo. Sad, but true.)

Heck, that Wikipedia entry could have been edited by Judy The Tenured Tour Guide and her iron-clad "facts" she spouts off for her fellow hourly CM's in Florida. :lol:

I remember hearing when the Tokyo version opened a few years ago that it was destined for WDW, but Orlando didn't want to pay for it so Tokyo scooped it up instead. The Holiday overlay worked really well in Tokyo when I saw it a couple years ago, and it's a bit different in spots than the Anaheim version. So obviously the concept can work in the WDW Mansion quite easily, and it may very well have been pitched to them in the past.

But for whatever reason it's only offered in Anaheim and Tokyo.

Random Vids Inc

Original Poster
Honestly, would it be a disaster for The Haunted Mansion to be down in September and January.

I mean I know it sucks when a ride is down, but it's a theme park. You suck it up and move on to the next ride. That's why I'll have to do when Space Mountain isn't open for my September trip this year. :(

erasure fan1

If we have to have another meet and greet, the pumpkin king gets my vote! Well so would bringing back the muppet meet and greet but thats a different thread.

As far as the NBC overlay, I say forget it and just give us the dark ride in the studios. Nightmare B4 xmas would be a PERFECT fit there and we all know the studios could use some dark rides.

Kuhio

Has anyone seen the Amazon description for the new book, "The Nightmare Before Christmas: 13 Days of Christmas" by Steven Davison et al.?

The Product Description is as follows:

"Everyone knows which gifts a true love need grant his beloved during the twelve days of Christmastide. A partridge in a pear tree is required. Leaping lords and dancing ladies are expected. Of course the season would not be complete without French hens or swimming swans. And, above all, he must not neglect to present the all-important five gold rings.

But not every true love has the same ideas about what will make appropriate gifts. And so when Jack Skellington, the charmingly frightful hero of Tim Burton's classic film The Nightmare Before Christmas, takes over the holiday we see a very different side of the gift giving tradition.

Join Jack and his fellow citizens of Halloween Town as they celebrate the thirteen days of Christmas as only they know how.

With chilling text and ghoulishly beautiful illustrations from Disneyland's and Walt Disney World's Haunted Mansion Holiday attraction."

Huh... Could the people at Disney Press be that misinformed about the fact that HMH is only at DL's Mansion? Or...?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom