'It's Tough to be a Bug' closing for refurbishment in August

RSoxNo1

I have to believe that the cancellation of It's Tough to be a Bug is a capacity issue with Primeval Whirl being down. With that in mind, if Hopper isn't working, that show shouldn't operate.

This is just another example of the problems with an underbuilt park. The park needs 2-3 more rides, and it needed them 5 years ago.

As for how worthwhile Expedition Everest is without the Yeti - it's still a solid and well paced coaster, but with the Yeti it could be considered a comparable attraction to Tower of Terror, without a functional Yeti it's more on par with Rock 'n' Roller Coaster. To some people the difference is subtle, but that's really how I view it.

MelanieV36

Does anyone know if the refurb on the Honey I Shrunk the Kids Playground is still happening in September?? It's not listed on the Disney website.

Thanks!

RunnerEd

After our visit in June, I sent guest services an email telling them we wouldn't be back to the Animal Kingdom at all until they started getting the limited number of attractions back up to standards. We go 3-4 times a year and are annual passholders. They may not notice it much but telling them about it and following through at least makes me feel better!

JustInTime

After our visit in June, I sent guest services an email telling them we wouldn't be back to the Animal Kingdom at all until they started getting the limited number of attractions back up to standards. We go 3-4 times a year and are annual passholders. They may not notice it much but telling them about it and following through at least makes me feel better!

No, I agree. Telling them about it and not going at all is one thing. But actually going to the park and refusing to ride does nothing.

Ciciwoowoo

I made this really quick in PS as an example of what WDI seems to be missing...Picture for easy reference....

Strobe-fail-web.jpg

Wish we had like buttons here... Love this!!!

DonaldDoleWhip

Not everyone is up for a fight I guess.
We can all pick and choose our battles. For me, the monorail hours being reduced is a huge thing, but the yeti isn't. I love EE, and I've been lucky enough to see it in A-mode. But you only see the AA for about 5 seconds, it took that one giant arm movement, and lots of people didn't notice it anyway. For me, the ride isn't too different in its current mode, because I always thought the yeti was the most underwhelming part anyway.

wizards8507

Have ridden the ride many times with A-mode Yeti, I beg to differ.

Saying "EE is better with the yeti in A-mode" is perfectly reasonable. It's much different than saying "EE blows when the yeti isn't in A-mode." You lose a lot of people when you take your beef to that extreme. Your logic implies that a roller coaster is only enjoyable when it has a functional audio-animatronic yeti in it.

On a trolling note, COUGH*beastlykingdom*COUGH

NewfieFan

I have to believe that the cancellation of It's Tough to be a Bug is a capacity issue with Primeval Whirl being down. With that in mind, if Hopper isn't working, that show shouldn't operate.

This is just another example of the problems with an underbuilt park. The park needs 2-3 more rides, and it needed them 5 years ago.

As for how worthwhile Expedition Everest is without the Yeti - it's still a solid and well paced coaster, but with the Yeti it could be considered a comparable attraction to Tower of Terror, without a functional Yeti it's more on par with Rock 'n' Roller Coaster. To some people the difference is subtle, but that's really how I view it.

If indeed this is the case for the cancellation than that has to be a wake-up call for the powers that be at WDW! If they can't take down a 3D movie to do some much needed work (according to what I read on here) during one of the slowest times of the year b/c a spinning coaster is tied up in some investigation... than I think the park has issues!!!

RSoxNo1

If indeed this is the case for the cancellation than that has to be a wake-up call for the powers that be at WDW! If they can't take down a 3D movie to do some much needed work (according to what I read on here) during one of the slowest times of the year b/c a spinning coaster is tied up in some investigation... than I think the park has issues!!!

Someone else said it as an issue of receiving the necessary parts for the Hopper AA.

Not to be contrary to the chants of a refurb for it's tough to be a bug, but I saw the show last Tuesday and all the effects seemed to be working. Hopper looked great. I'm not sure about Clair's scent or the wasp stings since I usually avoid those. Also, I might be crazy, but I swear the picture looked like it was HD. So either they already replaced the projectors, or they got a new print of the film that is extremely clean.

I could be wrong, but I'm slowly getting the impression that WDW management is trying to find ways to fix and upgrade things wile still closing attractions as little as possible. If that's true, and the results are good, I think it's a win win for all of us.

RunnerEd

Not to be contrary to the chants of a refurb for it's tough to be a bug, but I saw the show last Tuesday and all the effects seemed to be working. Hopper looked great. I'm not sure about Clair's scent or the wasp stings since I usually avoid those. Also, I might be crazy, but I swear the picture looked like it was HD. So either they already replaced the projectors, or they got a new print of the film that is extremely clean.

I could be wrong, but I'm slowly getting the impression that WDW management is trying to find ways to fix and upgrade things wile still closing attractions as little as possible. If that's true, and the results are good, I think it's a win win for all of us.

If that's the case, I couldn't agree with you more. I had written to the guest communication email address about the lack of working effects at AK. The CM asked me exactly where in the theater we were sitting (we didn't get stung and the bugs didn't leave first) so that she could note it for the after hours maintenence cast. Hopefully, since the park is open for such a small amount of hours, they can get a lot done without guests in the park.

NewfieFan

Someone else said it as an issue of receiving the necessary parts for the Hopper AA.

Well, that's valid!

I will say that I am happy it will be open while I'm there! I haven't seen this show in a while b/c the kids have really been too young to take them in there. But this trip I will have sitters!!!

TP2000

In a related note, Disneyland has released more rehabs for the October/November timeframe today, and the DCA version of It's Tough To Be A Bug is on the list for a two and a half week rehab. And in 2010, Tough To Be A Bug had a rehab also, and one in '09 too.

Disney California Adventure - It's Tough To Be A Bug Recent Rehabs
October 24th thru November 11th, 2011
March 1st thru 18th, 2010
January 10 thru 21st, 2009

A Google search seems to indicate that the WDW-DAK version of Tough To Be A Bug hasn't had a scheduled rehab in at least 5 years. :eek:

Once DAK finally gets a rehab scheduled for the original Tough To Be A Bug, what TDO needs to do is buckle down and commit to an annual rehab for this attraction (and many others in neglect around WDW), and close this animatronic attraction for a week or two every year. TDA does this at Disneyland, and the attractions are fresh and crisp. The difference between the two Tough To Be A Bug shows are quite alarming when you have a chance to visit both DLR and WDW in the same week as I usually do when I make my trips out to WDW every 12 to 18 months.

TDO has simply got to learn their lesson about scheduling regular annual rehabs for these complicated and expensive animatronic attractions! It's like buying a fancy Cadillac, and then never taking it in for an oil change and a service check. After several years of doing that, the Caddy is going to look bad and operate horribly!

Come on, TDO, we've got faith in you!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom