'It's Tough to be a Bug' closing for refurbishment in August

janoimagine

Any reliable info on anything new coming? Or is it just a spit and shine?

We hit it up during our last trip in october ... it needs the full 6 weeks for a good clean up, I hope it gets more than that but who knows. The hopper AA was down all 3 times we were in it. I mentioned it to guest relations on the way out, as well as the Yeti and was sarcastically told they would make a note of it. :rolleyes:

_Scar

We hit it up during our last trip in october ... it needs the full 6 weeks for a good clean up, I hope it gets more than that but who knows. The hopper AA was down all 3 times we were in it. I mentioned it to guest relations on the way out, as well as the Yeti and was sarcastically told they would make a note of it. :rolleyes:

lol!

Would have been even funnier if they acted like it was the first time hearing about it :ROFLOL:

Magenta Panther

Good! I hope the next refurb happens to another 3D show, Mickey's Philharmagic. The film looks blurry now and the queue is tragically uninteresting. An attraction that captures the Disney magic so well deserves better treatment.

MEyeSeeKayEY

I hate that it will closed our entire trip (Sept 16-25) but I can live with it as long as none of the major attractions at WDW close.
We never skip It's Tough to be a Bug, so it will surely be missed... :(
Hopefully they give it a major update and I'll look forward to seeing it on my next trip!

KingdomofDreams

While I've always enjoyed the show, it's a rarity to see it without terrified toddlers screaming and crying. Parts of it are a bit scary for the younger kids, (Hopper, black widows etc.) so I wonder if they'll ever tone it down a notch to prevent this.

I certainly hope not!!! Most attractions cannot and should not be "toned down" for toddlers. You're talking about a 2-3 yr old. Many are scared of anything and everything, including just the dark. Our kids were on Dinosaur, HM, and TOT by age 5 and LOVING it!

And I totally agree that WDW should have yearly scheduled maintenance for every ride, attraction and structure. It seems like a no-brainer to me and shocking that they don't have this. It's not only a matter of keeping everything clean, painted, and working perfectly, it's also a matter of safety. And as a previous poster mentioned, if there is a set schedule it is more guest friendly, as people planning an upcoming trip can check the schedule to see when their favorite attractions will be closed. This WDW policy of waiting until the very last minute to announce when an attraction will be closed for maintenance is very poor customer service. Sure there are times when something happens and it's unavoidable, but this seems to be their regular operating procedure.

RSoxNo1

I certainly hope not!!! Most attractions cannot and should not be "toned down" for toddlers. You're talking about a 2-3 yr old. Many are scared of anything and everything, including just the dark. Our kids were on Dinosaur, HM, and TOT by age 5 and LOVING it!

And I totally agree that WDW should have yearly scheduled maintenance for every ride, attraction and structure. It seems like a no-brainer to me and shocking that they don't have this. It's not only a matter of keeping everything clean, painted, and working perfectly, it's also a matter of safety. And as a previous poster mentioned, if there is a set schedule it is more guest friendly, as people planning an upcoming trip can check the schedule to see when their favorite attractions will be closed. This WDW policy of waiting until the very last minute to announce when an attraction will be closed for maintenance is very poor customer service. Sure there are times when something happens and it's unavoidable, but this seems to be their regular operating procedure.

I think the parks should have a happy medium of attractions that can accomodate infants, thrill seakers, the elderly and anyone in between. This is one of my biggest beefs with Islands of Adventure - the park can be completed in 45 minutes if you bring a child under 5.

KingdomofDreams

^ I do agree, although we all love Seuss Landing and it doesn't get any more kid friendly than that!

I think Disney is very good about this. There are many, many things in WDW for the littlest guests. AK is an amazing and beautiful park, but it is lacking in rides/attractions all the way around, including something for the little ones. My only point is that there isn't much that doesn't scare many toddlers. Most are scared of the dark, loud noises, and just about anything else, but give them another year or two and they go on everything Disney has to offer as soon as they meet height requirements.

I'm all for them adding things for the little ones, just wouldn't be in favor of toning down "It's Tough To Be A Bug". :)

blm07

Since when does bringing babies to see ANY movie a good idea? All movies have loud parts. Unless the baby is known to sleep through loud noises, it's gonna cry. The baby doesn't wear 3D glasses, nor does it understand what the movie is about.

this is me :)
this is the baby sitting in mommy's lap next to me :cry:
this is me during the show :lookaroun
this is the baby during the finale :cry:
this is me, and everyone after the show :zipit:
and the only thing the baby may possibly remember from the show is being terrified to tears.

On a side note, for some reason, in the middle of the show, there is a fake baby cry in the soundtrack of the film. I don't really understand why that is there. It happens when the flea gets shot down. Weird.

RSoxNo1

^ I do agree, although we all love Seuss Landing and it doesn't get any more kid friendly than that!

I think Disney is very good about this. There are many, many things in WDW for the littlest guests. AK is an amazing and beautiful park, but it is lacking in rides/attractions all the way around, including something for the little ones. My only point is that there isn't much that doesn't scare many toddlers. Most are scared of the dark, loud noises, and just about anything else, but give them another year or two and they go on everything Disney has to offer as soon as they meet height requirements.

I'm all for them adding things for the little ones, just wouldn't be in favor of toning down "It's Tough To Be A Bug". :)

How about the fact that infants can't ride The Cat in the Hat and that there's a height requirement for the high in the Sky Seuss trolly (34 inches).

This land was meant to cater to kids but the kids have to be over 4 for it to accommodate them.

At the Animal Kingdom, younger guests can see all 3 of the stage shows (Lion King, Nemo, Flights of Wonder) without incident, they can ride an E-Ticket (Kilimanjaro Safaris), Triceratops Spin, take the train to Conservation Station, and they can experience all of the walking trails. Animal Kingdom is a much better park for kids than Islands of Adventure.

janoimagine

lol!

Would have been even funnier if they acted like it was the first time hearing about it :ROFLOL:

I know, right? ... it was unreal.

After this individual responded like that, I honestly said: lets do some rough math, ok? ... On average 20,000 people come through the turnstiles at Animal Kingdom Daily ... at $80.oo a ticket that totals out to be 1.6 million in ticket sales alone, not to mention overpriced souvineers and food. Your honestly telling me that by bringing in 1.6 million a day in revenue, with an operating cost of roughly $300,000.oo/day (give or take 100,000K ... based on your companys 2008 Investor Relations Financial Statements), you can't fix the parks headlining AA with the leftover 1.3 mil?!? ... and remember, these numbers are based on ticket sales only, not food or gift profits too.

He just looked at me ...

I finished by saying this:

Look, I know your just going through the motions right now because that is what your idiot managers at TDO have given you as the companys response, but my fiance and I have been coming here for years and every year the Yeti and majority of the effects on EE are not working. On average, between the two of us, we spend 5K on our annual vacation here. We are two people out of millions that come here every year ... you guys have the money. Tell Tom Staggs to start working on Orlando's parks like he is working on Anaheim's, because it's becoming a joke.

Maybe I was a bit harsh on the guy, but I am tired of spending top dollar and having management basically say 'Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.' Its just insane. Prices keep going up and perks keep going down.

forevermickey

though I am glad they are fixing and maintaining... I was really looking forward to seeing this! Last year was my first time and I loved it!:(

cheezbat

It is. They can't do maintenance when there is an ongoing investigation...

That is the issue...but they are saying the ride will be opening most likely in September. I would hold off on the It's Tough to Be a Bug refurb until AFTER Primeval's issue has been resolved.

raven

I understand the closing, but with EE not working properly, and Primeval Whirl down at the same time, thats a lot for a small park.:eek:

The ride part of EE is working fine. Libes are still very long and will continue to be no matter what mode the yeti is in.

That is the issue...but they are saying the ride will be opening most likely in September. I would hold off on the It's Tough to Be a Bug refurb until AFTER Primeval's issue has been resolved.

We don[t know why it's going down for rehab. It could very well be a safety issue or a multitude of things.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom