Trip Report It's the same old, same old......

CAST OF CHARACTERS:
IMG_6663.jpeg

RESORT:
IMG_4826.jpeg

"READING" OF THE SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS:
IMG_4801.jpeg

MATCHING SHOES:
IMG_5257.jpeg

MORNING WALKS:
IMG_4859.jpeg

MDE NOT FUNCTIONING:
IMG_5028.PNG

AND LAST BUT NOT LEAST, ANOTHER FLIGHT DELAY...
IMG_5556.PNG

WHAT'S CHANGED:

WHEN: Tuesday, September 18th-Saturday, September 22nd

WHY: Passholder Play Time
PhotoPass_Visiting_STUDIO_413422586125.JPG

If you're tired of the same old, same old & would like to excuse yourself from this one I get it. No hard feelings, really... Considering this is my third TR in 3 months & not too much changes with us I'm sure you feel like you know my family & I as well as your own!! I guess that could be good or bad...:hilarious:

Anyhow, for those who are going to stick around thanks for reading & welcome!!

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 22ND

On the way out I decided to stop in the Confectionery to get a treat for J. He had been checking out the jelly beans when we first got there that morning(I assume he had polished through the bag from the other day)& something told me his mom probably didn't get any for him on their way out;)
IMG_5503.jpeg

IMG_5504.jpeg

Like any good aunt would do I stocked up on some jelly beans for J.
IMG_5505.jpeg

IMG_5506.jpeg

IMG_5507.jpeg

IMG_5508.jpeg

The parade was going to be starting soon and as much as I wanted to stay for it I didn't want to risk getting back too late and missing the TE like I did the month before!!
IMG_5509.jpeg

With my eyes watering a bit I bid farewell to MK.
IMG_5510.jpeg

IMG_5511.jpeg

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 22ND

I took a few photos while waiting for the bus.
IMG_5512.jpeg

IMG_5513.jpeg

This bus pulled in & the driver couldn't understand why nobody was getting on. No one was sure if we should since it didn't say Riverside. BTW--does anybody out there know what DHTTC stands for?
IMG_5514.jpeg

I made sure to take these pictures of the Minnie vans. J & I would play a game on the bus to see who could spot them first. I wanted to have proof to show him that I was still playing even though he wasn't with me.
IMG_5518.jpeg

IMG_5519.jpeg

Happy to be home but sad knowing it would be very short-lived....
IMG_5520.jpeg

IMG_5521.jpeg

I got off at the South Depot since I no longer had a room to go to.
IMG_5523.jpeg

IMG_5524.jpeg

IMG_5525.jpeg

Tuvalu

Premium Member
The initials DH before any other letters stand for “Dead Head”.
In your case DHTTC would be “Dead Head Transporation and Ticket Center.”
Dead Head buses are usually out-of-service or on their way out-of-service. In your case it seems the driver forgot to change the sign. :facepalm:

PrincessJasmyn

Am I to assume this is not an Australian dish & Disney is tricking us into believing it is?:confused:
We definitely don't call it Shrimp.. They are Prawns. And we don't call them peppers, its Capsicum :p
I remember my first trip to America, trying to order a Subway and asking for Capsicum on it... The lady had no idea what I was saying, and I didn't know they had another name. We went back and forth for ages before I just pointed and said "Those green things..."

I know its a big thing to drink "Coopers" but its a pretty average beer and no one really drinks it here. It seems to be what we are known for in other countries hahah.

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
The initials DH before any other letters stand for “Dead Head”.
In your case DHTTC would be “Dead Head Transporation and Ticket Center.”
Dead Head buses are usually out-of-service or on their way out-of-service. In your case it seems the driver forgot to change the sign. :facepalm:
Thank you for enlightening me!! I had a feeling that you would have the answer!!:)
We definitely don't call it Shrimp.. They are Prawns. And we don't call them peppers, its Capsicum :p
I remember my first trip to America, trying to order a Subway and asking for Capsicum on it... The lady had no idea what I was saying, and I didn't know they had another name. We went back and forth for ages before I just pointed and said "Those green things..."

I know its a big thing to drink "Coopers" but its a pretty average beer and no one really drinks it here. It seems to be what we are known for in other countries hahah.
Very interesting--thanks for explaining it!!

I've never tried Coopers but now I'm curious so I'll be sure to try it if I see it around!!

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 22ND

With my family it's "tradition" that when we get off at the South Depot we always walk through Fulton's to get where we are going.
IMG_5526.jpeg

As many times as I've walked through those doors I never noticed all this hanging above when you walk in.
IMG_5527.jpeg

I thought this snow globe was pretty cute.
IMG_5528.jpeg

I took my usual last stroll around Riverside. Not an easy thing to do, let me tell you. The feelings of sadness were overwhelming.
IMG_5529.jpeg

IMG_5530.jpeg

IMG_5531.jpeg

I went over to Ol' Man Island & said goodbye to Lee at Muddy Rivers.
IMG_5532.jpeg

I stood on the bridge for a few minutes & took in one of my favorite views of POR.
IMG_5533.jpeg

I wandered through The Riverside Mill on my way to meet E & J.
IMG_5534.jpeg

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 22ND

E was in The River Roost with J who was sleeping in his stroller. We thought that The River Roost opened at 4:30 so I went up to the bar then to order us drinks. The bartender was quite rude & said they didn't open until 5:00. Well then, you can bet I'll remember that attitude the next time I'm sitting at the bar there-his tip will most likely be on the lighter end. He probably gets bothered quite frequently while he's setting up for his shift & I'm sure it gets annoying but the attitude was totally unnecessary.
IMG_5536.jpeg

E asked if I would sit with J while she took a final stroll around POR.
IMG_5538.jpeg

Look who woke up!! I told him I got him more jelly beans & he was quite excited!! He asked if he could have some so I got them out of my bag.
IMG_5539.jpeg

This was hysterical--he saw E coming towards us & with a mouthful of jelly beans he said, "Here she comes. Hurry up & hide them!!" He was chewing & swallowing so fast I was afraid he was going to choke on them!!
IMG_5540.jpeg

Our TE arrived right on time at 5:00. Thank goodness I was back in enough time to get on it unlike my last trip!!
IMG_5541.jpeg

We got a cruise line bus this time.
IMG_5542.jpeg

Farewell POR:cry:
IMG_5543.jpeg

Gus entertained us on the way to the airport.
IMG_5545.jpeg

IMG_5546.jpeg

This was tough b/c we didn't know when it would be.....
IMG_5547.jpeg

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 22ND

While E was waiting to get the stroller off the TE I told her I was going to use the restroom. I forgot to mention after Mr. Personality couldn't serve us I went to The Riverside Mill & grabbed a beer which I drank pretty fast while J was inhaling jelly beans. Needless to say the restroom was calling my name.

And this was my luck....
IMG_5548.jpeg

I headed to the next one and encountered this. I just can't win.....
IMG_5549.jpeg

I made a stop in the Universal store. My niece, H(who was in my last TR), is a big Harry Potter fan so I always look to see if there's anything new for her but I came up empty handed.
IMG_5550.jpeg

I came out to see that J had made a new friend.
IMG_5551.jpeg

IMG_5552.jpeg

Why is he so excited?? Doesn't he realize we're leaving & not arriving??
IMG_5553.jpeg

Thanks to TSA Precheck security was a breeze.
IMG_5555.jpeg

Then things started to go south.....
IMG_5556.PNG

As we were headed for the "monorail" we got the text that our flight was delayed. I will blame our next move on the fact that we were irritated with yet another flight delay for our return trip home. We got on the wrong "monorail"!!:jawdrop: We really must have not been paying attention to what we were doing b/c E & I(& J for that matter) are quite familiar with the Orlando airport.
IMG_5557.jpeg

I must admit we were also preoccupied with J b/c he was busy pointing out how dirty the "monorail" was while we were waiting for it. He wanted to know why it was so dirty--I felt like we were back at the Tiki Room.
IMG_5558.jpeg

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 22ND

Once we got off the "monorail" & realized nothing looked familiar to us we figured out our mistake. We contemplated getting something to eat there since we had extra time but then decided against it. Big mistake, let me tell you. The food options were much better so we've decided on our next flight delay:p we're purposely going to explore the other options that the Orlando airport has to offer.

We got to where we were supposed to be & ended up at the only sit down restaurant in the area--Johnny Rivers(& for some reason I always want to call it Johnny Rockets). If you've never ate here, don't. We've only had drinks here in the past & we should have kept it that way.
IMG_5559.jpeg

IMG_5560.jpeg

I have never experienced such slow service in my entire life. In all fairness it looked like the people waiting on the tables & the bar were also doing the cooking so that could explain it. But, there weren't that many customers either so I don't know what was taking so long.

J & I amused ourselves by playing games with a napkin.....for 30 minutes!!!o_O
IMG_5561.jpeg

IMG_5562.jpeg

IMG_5563.jpeg

IMG_5564.jpeg

We started shooting it across the table at each other. Normally, I would not allow a kid(or partake in it myself) to do this in a restaurant but I was going stir crazy so I can only imagine how he felt.
IMG_5566.jpeg

Not a huge deal but the flight was now delayed another 5 minutes.
IMG_5567.PNG

Yes, that would be a second glass of wine in front of me. Don't judge--my patience was wearing pretty thin at that point.
IMG_5568.jpeg

Our waitress/cook/dishwasher/etc. repeatedly asked E what drink J wanted with his meal. She told him all she wanted him to have was water. She kept pressing the issue & E continued to say all he needed was water. I believe J even told her that was all he wanted.

She had brought him water but made a big production when he got his meal that she was also giving him apple juice. E was not happy. If looks could kill.......
IMG_5569.jpeg

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 22ND

After our never-ending meal E decided Starbucks was in order. J had other plans that required my wallet so he asked me to go with him.
IMG_5572.jpeg

The conversation went like this:
J: "Aunt Patti, will you buy me a car?"
Me: "Sure J, just one."
J: "Ok, this is what I want."
Me: "That is two packages of multiple cars. I said I would buy one. One meaning one car not even one multi-pack. Do you have money to pay for the extra ones that you got there."
J: "No. But you do, right?"
IMG_5571.jpeg

By that smile I'm sure you can tell who won that battle!!
IMG_5573.jpeg

E was rolling her eyes when she saw him coming towards her with that bag:hilarious:

He made sure he got in the safety instructions.
IMG_5574.jpeg

This picture cracks me up!! He looks like he is studying it very intently.
IMG_5575.jpeg

E fell asleep during the flight and J & I had a little battle that I actually won. He wanted me to open both packages of cars & I told him absolutely not. I would only open one. He responded back with, "If my dad was here he would open both!!" I told him I wasn't his dad & unfortunately for him his dad wasn't here so he was SOL. BTW--I told his dad the story when he picked us up at the airport & he told him that he wouldn't have opened both either.

J being a bit irritated with me.
IMG_5577.jpeg

Happy that I opened one set.
IMG_5579.jpeg

Almost home!!
IMG_5580.PNG

Smiling on the "monorail" in Pittsburgh!!
IMG_5581.jpeg

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
It was very hard leaving b/c we did not have another trip booked. We know we are going in June(with quite a large group--it may end up being 10 of us) but didn't know when before then(& still don't). E called me the other day while she was in the car with J. He asked me when we were going to Disney again & I asked him when he wanted to go. His response was, "Now!!" He said he had fun last time & wants to go back. I told E I would start looking at flights & rates for January or February. I made a promise to myself though that I would finish this TR before I started planning the next one. With Christmas approaching I have been super busy & didn't get this done as quickly as I would have liked. But, as always I thank you all for reading, liking & commenting. I look forward to having you along for the next one!!

I wanted to share this with you. A dear friend had this made for me for my birthday a few months back. I absolutely love it!! It brought tears to my eyes when I opened it!!
IMG_5586.jpeg

IMG_5587.jpeg

IMG_5588.jpeg

And....this is the photo that my parents used for our family Christmas card photo this year. This is my parents, brothers, sisters, in-laws, nieces & nephews. This was taken back in May while we were having a birthday party for my mom. Her birthday is in February but she had a number of serious surgeries & was in the ICU for her birthday. She was actually in the hospital for 3 months & got out a few weeks before this picture was taken. She is doing well now & every time I look at this photo I think of how fortunate I am to have her & everyone in this picture.

I wish you all a very Merry Christmas & a Happy and Healthy New Year!!
IMG_2457.jpeg

IMG_2486.jpeg

Last edited:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Why is he so excited?? Doesn't he realize we're leaving & not arriving??

I love his attitude! This kid just cracked me up with his antics, throughout this entire TR. :joyfull:

Thank you for sharing your fun experiences and great photos. (Nice family picture, too!!)

Hope you go back soon, so I can follow along in another TR from you.

Merry Christmas to you and your family. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom