Trip Report It's the same old, same old......

CAST OF CHARACTERS:
IMG_6663.jpeg

RESORT:
IMG_4826.jpeg

"READING" OF THE SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS:
IMG_4801.jpeg

MATCHING SHOES:
IMG_5257.jpeg

MORNING WALKS:
IMG_4859.jpeg

MDE NOT FUNCTIONING:
IMG_5028.PNG

AND LAST BUT NOT LEAST, ANOTHER FLIGHT DELAY...
IMG_5556.PNG

WHAT'S CHANGED:

WHEN: Tuesday, September 18th-Saturday, September 22nd

WHY: Passholder Play Time
PhotoPass_Visiting_STUDIO_413422586125.JPG

If you're tired of the same old, same old & would like to excuse yourself from this one I get it. No hard feelings, really... Considering this is my third TR in 3 months & not too much changes with us I'm sure you feel like you know my family & I as well as your own!! I guess that could be good or bad...:hilarious:

Anyhow, for those who are going to stick around thanks for reading & welcome!!

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 22ND

The dreaded day was upon us--departure day:cry:
I got up & headed out for a walk. I wasn't doing it so much for exercise b/c I knew I wouldn't be moving too fast but I did want to take in the beauty of Riverside once last morning.
IMG_5416.jpeg

IMG_5417.jpeg

IMG_5418.jpeg

On my way back to the room I stopped in Fulton's. There's a certain wine(I can't remember the name of it for the life of me right now) made exclusively for Disney that my dad really likes so I stopped to pick up a bottle for him. I was quite surprised to see this case in such sad shape. My guess is that it was not working.
IMG_5419.jpeg

Wine in hand I headed back to my room.
IMG_5420.jpeg

While I packed up I watched the must do's for the last time for this trip(that even makes me emotional).
IMG_5415.jpeg

I checked my luggage in(not overweight this time--thank goodness!! I have been known to have overweight luggage on a few occasions). I then headed to E's room to help her with their suitcases.

Some more Riverside scenery:
IMG_5421.jpeg

I didn't get any pictures prior to this one but seeing this reminded me to take this shot. I noticed straws all over the place on this trip. I started to wonder if all this littering and waste was the real reason Disney was removing them.
IMG_5422.jpeg

IMG_5423.jpeg

IMG_5424.jpeg

At this point my heart was breaking b/c I knew my time at Riverside was coming to a close.

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 22ND

J was a big help with the luggage as always!!
IMG_5425.jpeg

He looks bummed to be leaving.
IMG_5426.jpeg

This sight brightened our moods quite a bit!!
IMG_5427.jpeg

We decided to walk through the stores. J was eyeing the candy in the Contemporary again.

I heard something going on outside so I went to check it out. The Dapper Dans were there. I swear every time I see them(except during the flag retreat)it's been from behind so I figured I should take a picture that would look like all of my other ones:hilarious:
Just as I snapped the picture these people crossed in front of me. It was the mom & daughter that were on the bus the night before. I said a quick prayer hoping for them to have a great day.
IMG_5428.jpeg

I went to snap another one & I got dad this time!!
IMG_5429.jpeg

Third time's a charm!!
IMG_5430.jpeg

IMG_5431.jpeg

IMG_5432.jpeg

Our first stop took us under the sea...
IMG_5433.jpeg

IMG_5435.jpeg

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 22ND

COP was up next. I was excited b/c I somehow missed it the trip before so being able to go on it twice this time helped to make up for that!!
IMG_5436.jpeg

Time for another favorite!!
IMG_5437.jpeg

IMG_5438.jpeg

I would think they could come up with something classier than a cone to identify which cars aren't working....
IMG_5439.jpeg

Someone's having fun!!
IMG_5440.jpeg

A few aerial shots:
IMG_5441.jpeg

IMG_5442.jpeg

IMG_5443.jpeg

Some construction walls:
IMG_5444.jpeg

IMG_5445.jpeg

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 22ND

We had a FP for the Tommorrowland Speedway next. J said he wanted to ride with me & he wanted to drive.

Throughout the trip we noticed a certain bug in the parks. It was odd b/c we really don't notice bugs in Disney's parks for the most part. Anyhow, there must have been some sort of trees or something that they were attracted to(maybe the fumes:p:hilarious:) near the Tommorrowland Speedway b/c they were EVERYWHERE!!! There were so many swarming around that it was actually gross. While in line E looked it up & found that it was mating season for these little critters. J was disgusted by them & would start complaining every time one would come by him(which would happen about every 10 seconds). I, on the other hand, was trying to get the perfect shot of them. I think I succeeded with this one.
IMG_5450.jpeg

E & I were laughing b/c J was so intent on watching the cars coming in that he didn't notice his friends right near his hands!!
IMG_5451.jpeg

I can't remember why I took this--maybe one landed on his ear??
IMG_5452.jpeg

IMG_5453.jpeg

And we're off!!
IMG_5454.jpeg

IMG_5455.jpeg

IMG_5457.jpeg

IMG_5458.jpeg

Let me just tell you--the kid's driving is nothing short of awful. When we got off I told E that was the roughest ride I ever had on the Speedway. She said she could tell it was pretty bad. She was in the car behind us so she video taped quite a bit of it.

IMG_5459.jpeg

You can't tell from the pictures but believe me when I say that the bugs were flying all around the cars during the ride.
IMG_5460.jpeg

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 22ND

We headed out of Tomorrowland & found a lonely PP photographer so we gave him something to do.
PhotoPass_Visiting_MK_413383895293.JPG

PhotoPass_Visiting_MK_413383895552.JPG

E asked J if he wanted to eat at Casey's or Pecos Bill for lunch. He chose Casey's.

Perfect--we'll mobile order on our way over. Right????
Wrong!!!!
IMG_5463.PNG

IMG_5464.jpeg

My biggest gripe with Casey's--it's always a zoo in there!!
IMG_5465.jpeg

And the woman they had in there(in the center of the picture)for crowd control was completely useless. Another set of hands behind the counter would have been much more beneficial. As you would go in she would direct you to which line to go in. Of course she sent us to the slowest, longest one in the place. That's when I got really irritated. If I end up(which I normally do)picking the slowest line in a place I have no one to be mad at but myself but when someone picks it for me then I'm annoyed with them. Not like it's her fault but I was testy to begin with b/c mobile ordering wasn't working.

And so began our wait for the next 30 minutes.....I kid you not.
IMG_5466.jpeg

Do you ever feel like when it's your turn to order it takes a whole 30 seconds & wonder why it takes everyone in front of you 10 minutes?

Some scenery shots while we waited.
IMG_5467.jpeg

IMG_5468.jpeg

Another straw.....
IMG_5469.jpeg

Finally--corn dog nuggets & fries!! It was actually easier to get a seat than it was to order the food!!
IMG_5472.jpeg

Songbird76

SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 22ND

We had a FP for the Tommorrowland Speedway next. J said he wanted to ride with me & he wanted to drive.

Throughout the trip we noticed a certain bug in the parks. It was odd b/c we really don't notice bugs in Disney's parks for the most part. Anyhow, there must have been some sort of trees or something that they were attracted to(maybe the fumes:p:hilarious:) near the Tommorrowland Speedway b/c they were EVERYWHERE!!! There were so many swarming around that it was actually gross. While in line E looked it up & found that it was mating season for these little critters. J was disgusted by them & would start complaining every time one would come by him(which would happen about every 10 seconds). I, on the other hand, was trying to get the perfect shot of them. I think I succeeded with this one.
View attachment 327901

E & I were laughing b/c J was so intent on watching the cars coming in that he didn't notice his friends right near his hands!!
View attachment 327902

I can't remember why I took this--maybe one landed on his ear??
View attachment 327903

View attachment 327904

And we're off!!
View attachment 327905

View attachment 327906

View attachment 327907

View attachment 327908

Let me just tell you--the kid's driving is nothing short of awful. When we got off I told E that was the roughest ride I ever had on the Speedway. She said she could tell it was pretty bad. She was in the car behind us so she video taped quite a bit of it.

View attachment 327909

You can't tell from the pictures but believe me when I say that the bugs were flying all around the cars during the ride.
View attachment 327910
Awwww....poor J with the bugs. My son is terrified of any and all bugs, flies, spiders, etc....except lady bugs. He doesn't mind them, but anything else comes close to him, or God forbid lands on him, he's screaming bloody murder.

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 22ND

After lunch we headed to Philharmagic. We literally walked in as the doors were opening for the show. Perfect timing!!
IMG_5475.jpeg

IMG_5473.jpeg

J really wanted to go on the carousel so we got in line for that next.
IMG_5474.jpeg

He was all smiles!!
IMG_5476.jpeg

IMG_5477.jpeg

Finally a decent picture!! I wasn't having much luck with the sun shining in.
IMG_5480.jpeg

I don't know what actually possessed me to get on a horse. Normally, I sit on the benches or stand. I'm always afraid the horse is going to stop in the "higher-up" position & I won't be able to get down. I'm not the most flexible person.
IMG_6799.jpeg

IMG_6800.jpeg

We headed to IASW next but we passed b/c of the wait. Sacrilegious, I tell you!! I'm embarrassed to say I went to Disney & skipped out on such a classic. I know J was bummed too b/c he really likes that one.
IMG_5482.jpeg

At this point E decided to head out so she could get J back to POR & hopefully get him to fall asleep for awhile before the TE arrived. We still had one more FP so she told me to stay for that.

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
Awwww....poor J with the bugs. My son is terrified of any and all bugs, flies, spiders, etc....except lady bugs. He doesn't mind them, but anything else comes close to him, or God forbid lands on him, he's screaming bloody murder.
He would have been terrified with these then. They were everywhere!!
They’re lovebugs ❤ and May and September are mating season. (Be thankful you don’t have to drive on Florida highways during the swarming period! :hungover:)
I can't even imagine driving on a highway with them swarming around. That would freak me out. Maybe that explains J's lousy driving....:p

Tuvalu

He would have been terrified with these then. They were everywhere!!I can't even imagine driving on a highway with them swarming around. That would freak me out. Maybe that explains J's lousy driving....:p
It takes at least two passes through an automated car wash to remove the bugs....and it’s impossible to get them out of the grille. Many locals will put screening over the grille during swarming season.

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 22ND

The FP was for the wildest ride in the wilderness!!
IMG_5483.jpeg

IMG_5485.jpeg

IMG_5486.jpeg

IMG_5487.jpeg

I stopped to admire Splash from afar. I wish there was a way to go on it but have the ability to skip that big hill.
IMG_5488.jpeg

I was able to pick up a FP for PotC & still had a few minutes so I walked around the gift shop.
IMG_5489.jpeg

I love this growler!!
IMG_5490.jpeg

I love this shirt too--but no need to make a purchase. I bought it about a year ago.
IMG_5491.jpeg

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
It takes at least two passes through an automated car wash to remove the bugs....and it’s impossible to get them out of the grille. Many locals will put screening over the grille during swarming season.
Sorry--I can't "like" this post. You mean to tell me this goes on twice a year????

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
SATURDAY, SEPTEMBER 22ND

My FP window had opened so in I went.
IMG_5492.jpeg

IMG_5493.jpeg

The FP line was a bit lengthy.
IMG_5494.jpeg

IMG_5495.jpeg

I will spare you my pictures b/c they are nothing short of awful.
Here's a sample:
IMG_5499.jpeg

PhotoPass_Visiting_MK_413385585667.jpg

I slowly made my way to the front of the park.
IMG_5500.jpeg

Not sure why I'm all smiles. I didn't know when I would be back(and I still don't).
IMG_5501.jpeg

That balloon looks how I felt.
IMG_5502.jpeg

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
TODAY, NOVEMBER 24TH

J and his parents left today for a Disney cruise aboard the Fantasy. E was hoping he would forget about the store that he always wants a car from at the airport but she wasn’t so lucky.
59C9F08A-2A8D-4DEA-942D-9A21992516E4.jpeg

A little while later she sent me these pics. More of the same old, same old.....
2B4345E0-DD98-4DB8-9080-8A59CF14D7BF.jpeg

54FB0F1A-662A-4FA9-BBF8-EC4D385E91EC.jpeg

She wrote in her text to me:
“And so it continues....”
:joyfull::joyfull::joyfull:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom