it's over already?? 10/13-10/20 with plenty of pictures

My turn for a trip report!
Oh boy, where to start.
This is my first attempt writing a trip report, so stay with me, it might get a little long.
But I’ve got plenty of pictures!!

Ok, so this report is starring:
Myself (24)
Husband (26)
Mom, Dad, and Aunt
7 younger brothers and sisters (4 girls, 3 boys ages 3-16)

12 in total, on two sites at Fort Wilderness.

This was our third October trip in recent years (since 2003); I had also been in late November 2004, and the rest of the family last December (I missed that one for work). So we enjoy going around the holidays, and had been to mnsshp before.

A few general observations:
-crowds were very manageable, but definitely getting busier every year.
-2 years ago, I had noticed that CM’s were getting less magical and a little rude. This trip, we had very few negative encounters, and many magical ones. Service at the restaurants was mostly very good, and everyone was generally very pleasant.
-weather: the entire week before, the forecast had called for thunderstorms throughout our entire trip. We only saw rain twice:
for maybe an hour early afternoon before our mnsshp, and early in the morning on our last day. Other than that, it was beautiful. Hot and humid, but sunny and beautiful.

A week or two before the trip, I mentioned to my mom that we had always been very lucky in having very good weather each trip, and that nobody has been sick at wdw. Wouldn’t you know, the day we are to leave, I went to my family’s house to get ready to leave. My husband and dad were at work, and 4 of the kids were at school. The first call came early in the morning, the one in 7th grade had gotten sick on the bus. A few hours later, the 1st grader was sick and sent home. The last call came at the very end of the day; my 3rd grade sister had gotten sick just as school was let out and was not allowed to take the bus home, so we had to go pick her up.
My mom was about to strangle me, lol. She said it was my fault for having said that only a few weeks before. But it seemed to be a very quick bug; they got it out of their systems and were a little woozy and weak, but ok to go. Everyone piled into the motor home, and we began the 19 hour drive from northwest Indiana.

Alright, I’ll start the actual report next.
I’ve got 2,766 pictures to sort through, and I’m hoping they help me remember everything!!
This was my first trip with this new camera, and I was generally impressed with how well it worked.
I didn’t think I would be able to get anything as far as nighttime and fireworks, but it did ok (not great, but I have a few decent shots)

We also took our friend Kermit down, and took pictures of him all over the world. He snuck into a few group shots as well.
Maybe at the end I'll show off some of his solo pictures.

I tried to pick a font and size somewhat easy on the eyes, so let me know if it's not. :wave:

sissa216

Original Poster
End of day 3

We made it in just in time to miss the end of Spectro. We got our EMH bracelets, and made our way up Main Street to catch Wishes. I love Wishes so much. It debuted when I was on the college program in fall of 2003, and I had some of the greatest memories.
It is a really cool story:

We had heard that they were going to be testing out this new show “wishes” late at night, so about 5 or so of my friends and I hung around in an office in tomorrowland for a few hours until they were to begin testing. We went out onto main street, and watched Wishes for the first time with maybe 20 or so other people. We sat, laid, and sprawled out between Casey’s and the Bakery….we had the whole place to ourselves, and a personal fireworks display that brought us all to tears. It was amazing, and we got to do it a few times before they premiered it to the public.
Furthermore, we got to work the media event for Wishes/Philharmagic. We were working at Space, which was being kept open just in case of rain. Well, after an hour or two, we were told that we would shut down Space and that we were to just hang out at the Hub. There was really no reason to stay, but they said they’d pay us anyway, just to stand around, watch the Brian Setzer Orchestra, listen to Julie Andrews, and watch the premier of Wishes. The entire media and the celebrities all stood behind the hub near Caseys, but as soon as the lights went out, we ran to the center of the hub and had personal front row seats to what had become our favorite show, but nobody else had ever seen!!! It was one of my favorite memories from my college program.

Ok, enough of my stories, back to my trip. We caught Wishes, but the park was very crowded. We ended up having a good spot, but were shoved and pushed around for a while. But by 9:00 quite a bit of the crowd had cleared out. I got a few pictures (which aren’t bad, especially without a tripod and a camera being held above my head).

2e6a9c44.jpg

ffd07104.jpg

35a2cff9.jpg

33789541.jpg

3a38dd92.jpg

And that was the end of day 3. Here is a leftover picture from earlier (ok, so DH and I snuck in really quick to get a picture of main street, but the family didn’t know that. Well they do now! :p)

1a6f297b.jpg

I love these guys. I really love the Main Street entertainment, especially the Trolley Show and the Dapper Dans.

sissa216

Original Poster
so I have to be the first one to have done this....
starting a few years ago, I noticed I had a lot of pictures
of people in front of bathroom signs.

It hadn't been on purpose, we just happened to be standing
there and I noticed the theming. I came home with maybe a dozen.

Well, this trip, we made it a point to take a picture of every one we saw.
They aren't of great quality; we were both hurrying to get
out of people's way and to avoid all the wierd looks we were getting
(although we probably deserved them).

Anyhow, I set them to music in a slideshow.
Our themesong for the week seemed to be
"we're all in this together" from HSM.
After our first day at MGM, we were all singing and humming
the tune everywhere.

So here I present to you:
The many restroom signs of WDW, set to the tune of "We're all in this together" :lol: :p :ROFLOL:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QiLcJLnyDE0

sissa216

Original Poster
Your wished pictures turned out great! Did you use a tripod?

thanks! I was kind of disappointed in them, but I'm probably too critical of myself :lol:
Nope, no tripod; I debated bringing one but figured I was already going to hold up everybody enough taking pictures. :shrug:

Karolena

I think that CM at 1900 Park Fare was working there when we went in February for breakfast. At least I think I remember someone that looked like him working very hard.

Love hearing about your trip. Keep it coming.

sissa216

Original Poster

Day 4- Epcot

We started this day early too. We really never saw daylight around the campground; this was taken after I was ready and waiting for the others to finish so we could leave (it was probably 6:30-7:00 or so, just before it got light out):

ae3c1793.jpg

So first, it was off to the Contemporary to eat at Chef Mickeys.

3ad3287c.jpg

5e4ba5d0.jpg

2fe04735.jpg

The food was pretty good. I especially liked the eggs and rice krispie treats. Nice combination, huh?

The kids got a lot of interaction with the characters:

0185377f.jpg

aa5d555b.jpg

e1eb85fc.jpg

and my aunt with her favorite

5ff232d3.jpg

We always make fun of my sister for having monster feet (like size 11), so when I noticed how big Goofy’s feet were, I asked him if I could take a picture of their feet for comparison. After all, it was nice to have proof that there is somebody out there with feet actually bigger than hers

ccd93bb5.jpg

And lastly, I tried matching up my dad’s t-shirt with the mickey basket on the table (it didn't quite work)

4fce89c4.jpg

ok epcot is up next!!

sissa216

Original Poster
Your bathroom video was too funny! What a bunch of hams! :lol:

I know, lol. My mom blames me for it. I've constantly got the camera out, and now they really cheese it up.
I think that CM at 1900 Park Fare was working there when we went in February for breakfast. At least I think I remember someone that looked like him working very hard.

Love hearing about your trip. Keep it coming.

Thanks!
And the CM was very polite and friendly about it too.

sissa216

Original Poster

A few more breakfast pictures….

5d6b9a00.jpg

68ecc5fd.jpg

952148c0.jpg

Then we were off to epcot

2e49fa76.jpg

I love epcot. I never really loved it this much until recent years, I think since my trip in 99 or so. But we took a few obligatory shots in front of SSE. I was very upset when I learned it was going down; I even called my mom and jokingly told her to cancel the trip. It is one of my favorite attractions. But, since it is the husband’s favorite too, it is more leverage to come back next year!

0aea9783.jpg

First, we headed off to get FP’s for Soarin. The wait wasn’t too bad, maybe 40 minutes if I remember right. And our return time was about 1 (it was already 9:30/10:00).

So I think next we headed towards the Seas, and then on over to Test Track. I really enjoyed Turtle Talk…I have been here twice since it opened, but never made my way over. It was a lot of fun, and my brother got to ask him a question

a7777833.jpg

eed30be6.jpg

While the second group was riding TT, DH went over to check out Mission Space. He loves it, I can't stand it. I can't take any kind of simulators or even fast moving screens; Soarin is pushing it for me.

And then we made our way over to Imagination. Since DH’s first trip was the honeymoon in ‘04, he doesn’t know what a disaster this is. He really liked it, so I know he would have loved what I grew up with. Oh well.

c2406994.jpg

Then the family wanted to do HISTA, which I am also not a fan of, so we wandered outside, got some pictures, went up to watch the fountain show, and visited club cool

12c0759f.jpg

920d74f7.jpg

sissa216

Original Poster
More of Day 4

We went back to Club Cool one more time, and then got a snack since we were already falling behind on using up our snack credits.
(On the last day, I think we all had to use up 4 snacks!)

So here are two of the boys at Club Cool.

d7c24b25.jpg

e4cdd742.jpg

Then we headed back to Soarin to use up FP’s.

b075e9d2.jpg

After that we started to leisurely make our way around the World Showcase.
Of course, we got a picture of a phone booth

6a15e852.jpg

Along the way we checked out the candy lady, who amazes me.
Then we tried to get fun pictures across the lagoon of SSE, but too many other people had the same idea and were crowding any good areas.
So instead, we focused on the illuminations globe.

4110b5c1.jpg

We ended up taking more time than we thought we would, so we stopped around 6:30 to eat at the quick service in America, and wait for the next show to start.

While we were eating, David Cassidy was performing. None of the kids knew who he was, but it was still fun to listen to. Then he announced that he was doing his songs from “David Cassidy: Part 2, the Remix” which I found absolutely hysterical, for whatever reason. I really could not stop laughing. Maybe it was the way he introduced it.

So the kids had fun and danced to the music, and I got some fun video.
His show ended, and we went in a little before the next American Adventure show, which I also enjoy.

a682e971.jpg

47f09b26.jpg

Then it was about 7:30, and I wanted to get a good seat for illuminations. The rest of the family headed back to FW to do Soarin and TT again, so DH and I hung out in front of Italy, just to the past the bridge but to the left of where all those poles are in the water.
This is the view of Italy I had from the spot.

4e2db7b0.jpg

It was the a perfect spot, and I was able to get a few good shots of SSE across the way.

64197bde.jpg

1a7f2a7b.jpg

I ran off to get some frozen lemonades while he waited, and when I came back, David Cassidy’s second show had started. I found it again amusing this time, and the third time. It turns out that we ended up hearing all three performances that night.

Up next: Illuminations pictures

sissa216

Original Poster

End of Day 4
My mom called and asked if we should try to find each other, or just meet back at the campground.
I said we were going to take our time , so they should go ahead.

I love the WS at night.
We ended up slowly walking out, stopping once in a while to sit and look around.

4311cccc.jpg

11e0de54.jpg

We probably stayed 45 minutes or so.
Then I wanted to take a few pictures of the fountain, but didn’t take any that I particularly loved.

95598315.jpg

We found our LaL tile from 2004

80528b51.jpg

And I took a few pictures of a nearly deserted entrance and SSE.

57e7c88b.jpg

726d8f83.jpg

Then we strolled over to the bus, and had awesome luck. Up pulls a bus almost as soon as we get there, which was very appreciated after a long day on our feet.

44a303ff.jpg

Then, as soon as we got to FW, a Settlement bus was already waiting! The entire trip home was maybe 15 minutes, and we actually ended up beating the rest of the group home, who took a monorail to MK to check out the lights.

So that was the end of day 4.

WickedQueen22

Love the report!! Really helps a girl like me pass the days until my turn at WDW!!!

How did you make the matching shirts? We are heading October 2009 with a family group of about 12 so far. More keep chiming in interest. So I found adorable koozies as a pre trip gift (our family is spread out all down the eastern seaboard) and I would like to have the shirts made up also. Any help is wonderful!!

firemanmickey

Great trip report! I love the pictures of your brothers and sisters. Being an only child, I can only imagine what it must be like to be one of 8! Especially to be the oldest! I always wanted a few brothers or sisters.

man im always being left out. i have to stay back cause i get a new job. :cry: and everyone thinks that theres only 8 kids.

sissa216

Original Poster
man im always being left out. i have to stay back cause i get a new job. :cry: and everyone thinks that theres only 8 kids.

who are you? fireman, what? :lol:
did you join just to point that out? :D
Oh, and wasn't I left out last year, also for work? :cry:

I loved your trip report! Great pics too looks like you guys had a ball! :wave:

thanks! we did.

Love the report!! Really helps a girl like me pass the days until my turn at WDW!!!

How did you make the matching shirts? We are heading October 2009 with a family group of about 12 so far. More keep chiming in interest. So I found adorable koozies as a pre trip gift (our family is spread out all down the eastern seaboard) and I would like to have the shirts made up also. Any help is wonderful!!

We actually designed the shirts ourselves, and had them made here in town.
Have fun planning your trip! That's almost as much fun as the trip itself. We pulled this together only around February, and the time flew by

sissa216

Original Poster
Day 5 MK
This morning began with the one Grand Gathering event we were taking advantage of: the Good Morning Breakfast at Tony’s. I really like this for some reason, as we had done it before.

We woke up early to get to MK by 7:30 for our reservations, as I had written down on my itinerary 8:00.
We got there in plenty of time, made our way in through the special breakfast reservations line, and went to check in. My parents went to check in while I got a few pictures on Main Street:

4b2656b1.jpg

cc169cea.jpg

Then went in to join them.
We stood around for maybe 10 minutes, when a confused lady came out and asked if she could help us. Apparently the breakfast started at 9 (oops). The way this breakfast works is almost more like a show; it is only for Grand Gathering groups (8 or more), and everyone starts breakfast together.

So by a nice coincidence, it also happened to be the little one’s emh in fantasyland, so we made our way there.

f90ff5f9.jpg

82d7f4c8.jpg

By the time we got there it was close to 8:15 already, but it was still deserted, and really fun to see the characters playing around and riding on the rides. Never before have I ever done 4 FL rides in half an hour. We accomplished Dumbo, Snow White, Carousel, and Peter Pan before going back to get seated.

(this is us on dumbo, if you can tell)

3b66f4dc.jpg

1438b38c.jpg

f8e31600.jpg

c9cea196.jpg

Back at Tony’s. We were seated up front against the wall: very good seats to see Tony and the Gang, but the farthest wall from the exit and the bathroom (this becomes important).

71760c8c.jpg

Continued next

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom