it's over already?? 10/13-10/20 with plenty of pictures

My turn for a trip report!
Oh boy, where to start.
This is my first attempt writing a trip report, so stay with me, it might get a little long.
But I’ve got plenty of pictures!!

Ok, so this report is starring:
Myself (24)
Husband (26)
Mom, Dad, and Aunt
7 younger brothers and sisters (4 girls, 3 boys ages 3-16)

12 in total, on two sites at Fort Wilderness.

This was our third October trip in recent years (since 2003); I had also been in late November 2004, and the rest of the family last December (I missed that one for work). So we enjoy going around the holidays, and had been to mnsshp before.

A few general observations:
-crowds were very manageable, but definitely getting busier every year.
-2 years ago, I had noticed that CM’s were getting less magical and a little rude. This trip, we had very few negative encounters, and many magical ones. Service at the restaurants was mostly very good, and everyone was generally very pleasant.
-weather: the entire week before, the forecast had called for thunderstorms throughout our entire trip. We only saw rain twice:
for maybe an hour early afternoon before our mnsshp, and early in the morning on our last day. Other than that, it was beautiful. Hot and humid, but sunny and beautiful.

A week or two before the trip, I mentioned to my mom that we had always been very lucky in having very good weather each trip, and that nobody has been sick at wdw. Wouldn’t you know, the day we are to leave, I went to my family’s house to get ready to leave. My husband and dad were at work, and 4 of the kids were at school. The first call came early in the morning, the one in 7th grade had gotten sick on the bus. A few hours later, the 1st grader was sick and sent home. The last call came at the very end of the day; my 3rd grade sister had gotten sick just as school was let out and was not allowed to take the bus home, so we had to go pick her up.
My mom was about to strangle me, lol. She said it was my fault for having said that only a few weeks before. But it seemed to be a very quick bug; they got it out of their systems and were a little woozy and weak, but ok to go. Everyone piled into the motor home, and we began the 19 hour drive from northwest Indiana.

Alright, I’ll start the actual report next.
I’ve got 2,766 pictures to sort through, and I’m hoping they help me remember everything!!
This was my first trip with this new camera, and I was generally impressed with how well it worked.
I didn’t think I would be able to get anything as far as nighttime and fireworks, but it did ok (not great, but I have a few decent shots)

We also took our friend Kermit down, and took pictures of him all over the world. He snuck into a few group shots as well.
Maybe at the end I'll show off some of his solo pictures.

I tried to pick a font and size somewhat easy on the eyes, so let me know if it's not. :wave:

NewfieFan

What a great trip report! I love seeing a big family having fun together. My family (husband & 2 kids), my parents, and my brother are hoping to take a trip together Sept. 08. Can't wait... Trip reports help me pass the time and get me pretty excited as well - your TR did both!!!

Loved the Kermit pics too - they were halarious!:ROFLOL:

sissa216

Original Poster
I really enjoyed your Trip Report and the photos of you and your lovely family. Thanks for sharing this with us.

What a great trip report! I love seeing a big family having fun together. My family (husband & 2 kids), my parents, and my brother are hoping to take a trip together Sept. 08. Can't wait... Trip reports help me pass the time and get me pretty excited as well - your TR did both!!!

Loved the Kermit pics too - they were halarious!:ROFLOL:

Great trip report and fabulous pictures!! Thanks so much for sharing!!!

Hi fellow Valpo WDWMagic'r!

Your pictures from Fantasmic are AWESOME! How many rows were you from the front?!

Thanks for the compliments everyone!

newfiefan-
Have fun on your trip!

wdwfigment-
Thanks! I think we were 2nd or 3rd row

momofnine

WOW! great report sissa216! makes me feel as
though we are still there (wish we were :cry:) love all the pics, we need to get some printed. Now we need to start counting down to our next trip!:sohappy:

OK I have to stop and say:
BEST TRIP REPORT AND PICTURES EVER!!!
I laughed out loud at the kermit pics. Great Job!
:sohappy::sohappy::sohappy::sohappy::sohappy:

I can't wait until you go back to get more pics!

sissa216

Original Poster
OK I have to stop and say:
BEST TRIP REPORT AND PICTURES EVER!!!
I laughed out loud at the kermit pics. Great Job!
:sohappy::sohappy::sohappy::sohappy::sohappy:

I can't wait until you go back to get more pics!

thanks, buzz!! :D:D
I can't wait for me to go back either :lol: :wave:

Kitty17794

Just wanted to say I LOVE all your photos! Your camera must be amazing, everything is so crisp and clear! I'd kill to take Fantasmic pictures like yours! Lol.

And fantastic 1900 Park Fare photos. ;)

KeithVH

Just wanted to say I LOVE all your photos! Your camera must be amazing, everything is so crisp and clear! I'd kill to take Fantasmic pictures like yours! Lol.

And fantastic 1900 Park Fare photos. ;)

That just so reminds me of:

web.jpg

Just couldn't resist.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom