It's official: Wand is GONE !!!!

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Revelation:

You know how we've mentioned in discussion that people who came to WDW and Epcot after the wand was erected are the ones who are sad to see it go?

Brad Rex did not come to Epcot until after the wand was already up. Now he's gone and it's suddenyl going down.. I think it all make so much sense..

aeromike

I like the wand, I think its going to be to plain after seeing the wand for 7 years, I'd just laugh if they replaced it with something else and a huge golden 25! I'm going in september so I'll post a pic when I'm back... october 4th

DisneyJunkie

Woo-hoo! It's about time they got rid of that awful, tacky-looking garbage that's been ruining the appearance of Spaceship Earth for so long now.

tirian

Everything except the mirror was lovely, but the decorations destroyed the castle's forced perspective...

...just like the wand destroyed SSE's true scale!

jmvd20

I didn't mind some of the gold on the castle though I do think it was overdone. However the clock was simply hideous, I was glad to see that thing go.

brkgnews

Everything except the mirror was lovely, but the decorations destroyed the castle's forced perspective...

...just like the wand destroyed SSE's true scale!
What is uncanny to me is that there were similar arguments back in 1939 (at the NYWF) that the 700-foot trylon completely blew the awe-inspiring nature of the roughly-180-foot perisphere. History loves to repeat itself.

*dances on the wand's grave*

AEfx

I didn't mind some of the gold on the castle though I do think it was overdone. However the clock was simply hideous, I was glad to see that thing go.

Agreed. The magic mirror was overkill. I saw a special on Food Network today that was filmed while it was up, and I just shuddered. It was just way too large and dwarfed the castle. Much like our dearly departed wand.

But the gold stuff wasn't bad, I'll admit.

AEfx

goofyfan13

WOW!!! I just get back from a few days at Mackinac Island and open up this site to see this, talk about an awesome welcome home as well as a late birthday present. AMAZING NEWS!!! :sohappy:

EpcotServo

See, even though the mirror wasn't my favorite, I like it because it was a cool memory of a great year at WDW. The wand woulda' been that too, but if it stays forever it losses it's appeal every month until you hate it. (I'm lookin' at YOU hatty!)

CrashNet

Work will likely be done at night. No sense taking the risk of guests possibly seeing a 32 foot letter fall 198 feet to the ground. They'll take the back decorations off first, then the front, then begin removal of the steel structure.

As for the hat, going no where. It is part of the park, where the wand was simply a decoration. It was put there purposely to block the view of the theater.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Work will likely be done at night. No sense taking the risk of guests possibly seeing a 32 foot letter fall 198 feet to the ground. They'll take the back decorations off first, then the front, then begin removal of the steel structure.

Or they could just fire one of the castle missiles at it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom