It's official: Wand is GONE !!!!

Champion

Exactly.

People are allowed to get as excited as they want about whatever they want, and NO ONE on these boards has any authority to tell them not to. Not sure how to break it to you Champion, but this means you, too. You're allowed to have your opinion as well, but it's only that, an opinion. Nothing you're typing is "correct" in the general sense of the word. It may be correct to you, but it's not going to be printed as fact...........ever. ;)

Nothing anyone else is typing is 'correct' either.

But it is 100% correct that taking down the wand isn't going to magically transform the park back to EPCOT which is what a lot of you want.

dxwwf3

But it is 100% correct that taking down the wand isn't going to magically transform the park back to EPCOT which is what a lot of you want.

:brick:

I just don't see where tons of people are thinking this is the case. Why are you so fired up about that?

Disneyland fans were allowed to celebrate when Space Mountain was painted white again a few years ago. That didn't mean that they thought Adventure Thru Inner Space and the Monsanto House of the Future was coming back though.

Main Street USA

Then we agree. All of the talk about how happy people are and what it means to them are all opinions.

For some, it can do something as big as give Epcot back the feel of Epcot Center. Others may think that's dumb...........and both are ok.

Champion

:brick:

I just don't see where tons of people are thinking this is the case. Why are you so fired up about that?

Disneyland fans were allowed to celebrate when Space Mountain was painted white again a few years ago. That didn't mean that they thought Adventure Thru Inner Space and the Monsanto House of the Future was coming back though.

Thats what the argument has always been. That its against the spirit of EPCOT. Are you saying that wasn't the case?

Again, I completely buy the 'tacky' and 'ugly' and 'takes away from the sphere'. Its the other stuff that is untrue and isn't going to change. Again, people saying 'its the best thing to ever happen to Disney'. Blow things out of proportion much?

For some, it can do something as big as give Epcot back the feel of Epcot Center.

But thats what I'm saying. It won't actually DO that. Those people are going to be disappointed when it keeps going in the same direction it is headed now.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Life is what you make it. I say this is important :)

If you want to get all technical, our entire lives are insignifigant in the big scheme of things. I happen to like Epcot because it proposes the idea that we can make a lasting impression by bettering the world.

Main Street USA

Thats what the argument has always been. That its against the spirit of EPCOT. Are you saying that wasn't the case?

Again, I completely buy the 'tacky' and 'ugly' and 'takes away from the sphere'. Its the other stuff that is untrue and isn't going to change. Again, people saying 'its the best thing to ever happen to Disney'. Blow things out of proportion much?

But thats what I'm saying. It won't actually DO that. Those people are going to be disappointed when it keeps going in the same direction it is headed now.
I said it may give them back the FEEL of Epcot Center. You have NO IDEA if it will do that FOR THEM. One things for sure. It CAN do that for some.

JWG

Woa... wait wait wait...
It was explained to me that the falling of the want would signal the 2nd coming of Walt Disney himself. Walt would walk to the center of Epcot (you know the symbol) and raise his hands to the sky calling for all that is and all that was to be as one. With that the pcot of all the "Epcot" signs would all capitalize themselves and Horizons would fall from the sky crushing Mission Space and regaining it's rightful place past WoL (don't even get me started on what is proverbed to happen at WoL pavilion). ;)

Seriously this is good news. It fixes the symmetry and revitalizes the epic symbol of Epcot. Future world was a nice symmetric area centered by SSE with communicore (Innoventions) on either side. The wand disrupted that layout and dwarfed what was a very unique self standing structure. This change restores the architecture of Epcot and that excites me. SSE looked so big and so amazing before the wand. Hopefull that will return in its absence.

dxwwf3

YES!

Most people who didn't like it feel it looks dated, tacky, bad, ugly, and any other things you can say. It made it impossible to do the old color schemes and it ruined the look of the pavilion. That's the argument.

If someone feels that it was against the "spirit of Epcot", that's their opinion. I don't think it is the same as the majority of those that are very happy today though.

e4ymod

woohoo.gif

That is all

jmvd20

I agree, I feel that a lot (not all) of the disdain for the wand is because it has become the epitome of EPCOT Center becoming Epcot. I know that there is a sense of good things to come in that removing the wand signals a change in Epcot management principals but it will take a lot more than the wand being removed to convince me of that.

Also no matter what, the wand coming down in no way shape or form brings back Horizons, WoM, and Journey... or even the perfect theming and flow of the old EPCOT Center.

Enigma

Account Suspended
Possibly.

But that isn't 'fixing the spirit of EPCOT' or 'bringing back EPCOT Center' or restoring the old themes of the park or whatever other garbage has been spewed about the wands removal over the years.

The full sphere lighting is pretty cool, that I can agree with. But the other stuff? Pure garbage.

Yet removing the wand is a step in the right direction. Its a sign that Disney leaders like John Lasseter and Jim Mcphee really understand what this company's legacy is all about and are working towards bringing back the magic. Epcot Center shouldn't be boring but it shouldnt be packed to the hilt with barebone thrillrides and cheap cartoon tie-ins either....a balance of AA heavy family attractions and immersive e-tickets that leave lasting impressions on us...that is the park that Epcot Center should be.

imagineer boy

Yet removing the wand is a step in the right direction. Its a sign that Disney leaders like John Lasseter and Jim Mcphee really understand what this company's legacy is all about and are working towards bringing back the magic. Epcot Center shouldn't be boring but it shouldnt be packed to the hilt with barebone thrillrides and cheap cartoon tie-ins either....a balance of AA heavy family attractions and immersive e-tickets that leave lasting impressions on us...that is the park that Epcot Center should be.

Well said!:sohappy:

Champion

While you may think thats how it should be, thats not the direction it has been going. Removing the wand isn't going to change that. And McPhee and Lasseter aren't going to either. They are going to keep going the direction that brings in the most guests, and thats the same way the park is going.

heh thats what you think

Oh and its EPCOT CENTER!

No, it is Epcot. Get out of the past.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom