It's official: Wand is GONE !!!!

Champion

And I agree with you - it won't change anything. But it will make Spaceship Earth look better again - at least in my opinion.

But why rain on everyone's parade??? :shrug:

Because they shouldn't be HAVING a parade. This is a COSMETIC change, nothing more.

I mean, people are making unbelievable statements like 'this is the best thing to ever happen to Disney'. Thats just dumb. You're saying the wand coming down is a bigger moment than opening a new theme park? Or a new E-Ticket? Come on, thats ridiculous.

I can RESPECT and agree with anyone saying "I like my pictures of SSE without the wand, now I can takes some digital ones." Thats fine, and I feel the same way. I want my digital SLR to take lots and lots of those. But all the other garbage getting spewed here is just false and should be nipped in the bud before it gets out of control and people get disappointed over and over and over.

yes, now if the Studios would just get rid of that oversized Mickey hat that blocks the view of the GMR.....

Its more reasonable for the GMR to be removed than the hat.

Man, I was doing some thinkin' and found out that the last time I DIDN'T see the wand, I was only 8 years old. It's gonna' be great seeing it again.
:D

Wow...
The last time I saw SSE without the wand, I was 9. :eek:

I liked it at first for the Millennium, just like the Pink Cake Castle for 25th, and the Golden accents for the 50th. But when it stayed for 7 years, I wasn't as fond of it. :shrug:

(That said - I did dance around my office like a maniac when I read that today :lookaroun :p )

plpeters70

I mean, people are making unbelievable statements like 'this is the best thing to ever happen to Disney'. Thats just dumb. You're saying the wand coming down is a bigger moment than opening a new theme park? Or a new E-Ticket? Come on, thats ridiculous.

So what?? :shrug:

Why should you care if it means that much to people -- let them have their good time. If it doesn't mean anything to you, great. But must you belittle the people that do care about it??

Champion

So what?? :shrug:

Why should you care if it means that much to people -- let them have their good time. If it doesn't mean anything to you, great. But must you belittle the people that do care about it??

Because if they REALLY think this is some kind of watershed moment, they should probably reconsider their reasons for being a Disney fan.

I mean, can any Disney fan really think that the wand coming down is going to influence their trip more than the attention that the Haunted Mansion is getting?

TheBeatles

It will be nice to see just SSE again. The wandless SSE gives me the nostalgic feeling, but its an even better feeling to know the inside is new.

plpeters70

I mean, can any Disney fan really think that the wand coming down is more important than the attention that the Haunted Mansion is getting?

I see your point, but it's really a matter of priorities.

Personally, I've never cared as much about the Magic Kingdom as I do about Epcot. EPCOT Center was always my favorite park, so all these changes into "Epcot" have always annoyed me more than anything they've done at the Magic Kingdom.

So, for me, the Wand coming down is a lot more exciting than the Haunted Mansion upgrades. And I'm a pretty big Disney fan!!

KevinPage

Because if they REALLY think this is some kind of watershed moment, they should probably reconsider their reasons for being a Disney fan.

I mean, can any Disney fan really think that the wand coming down is going to influence their trip more than the attention that the Haunted Mansion is getting?

You have to remember, the WAND is a symbol of EVIL. The removal of the wand was like the removal of the Saddam statue in Iraq & the Berlin Wall crumbling.

And according to my sources, Nazi sympathizers were the ones who constructed the WAND in the first place. :drevil: :drevil:

(In case someone is slow on the uptake: :ROFLOL: :eek: :rolleyes: :lol: :sohappy: )

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
I'm sorry, there has been so much internet hype about this for the last few months that the news just seems anti-climatic to me. :shrug:

Champion

I see your point, but it's really a matter of priorities.

Personally, I've never cared as much about the Magic Kingdom as I do about Epcot. EPCOT Center was always my favorite park, so all these changes into "Epcot" have always annoyed me more than anything they've done at the Magic Kingdom.

So, for me, the Wand coming down is a lot more exciting than the Haunted Mansion upgrades. And I'm a pretty big Disney fan!!

Well it is kind of different too. Everyone who wants it down can celebrate now that its coming down, whereas with a refurb they will celebrate after they experience the attraction. I'll give you that much, that for this, just getting the news is the big moment.

The Mak

You must be great at parties...

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Cuz we're online disney geeks - we like projects we can watch.

Toy Story Mania - indoors. Boo! Hiss! I'm sure we'll like it when it opens.

Haunted Mansion - Indoors. Boo! Hiss!

Spaceship earth - They filed documents to possibly open the hatch and put in air conditioners. Most awesome refurb EV-AH!

See? We like to watch stuff. Taking down the wand? You can bet that's gonna be a whole load of public ugly. We'll get to point and laugh from the first sparkle down to th last girder.

KevinPage

I think Champ is being a little on the "let's calm down side" on purpose to temper those that theorize this the equivalent of curing world hunger or the end of the Iraq war.

And thinking rationally, this doesn't signal ANYTHING unless management makes positive changes to other areas of the park.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Maybe we can have a wand demolition party "opening day" of destruction. Get a couple hundred of us Disney Geeks that "need" to get a grip and not be so publicly happy about "stuff" like this and all gather in front of the wand and count down to first bolt removal. :D

Main Street USA

Exactly.

People are allowed to get as excited as they want about whatever they want, and NO ONE on these boards has any authority to tell them not to. Not sure how to break it to you Champion, but this means you, too. You're allowed to have your opinion as well, but it's only that, an opinion. Nothing you're typing is "correct" in the general sense of the word. It may be correct to you, but it's not going to be printed as fact...........ever. ;)

cm1988

Yes!

Wow - what an intense thread this turned out to be.

And what great news! Can't wait to see that crane roll in and start removing the wand.

Kind of like seeing the candy and pink icing pulled off Cinderella's Castle in '98 (after the 25th? was it?)

yeti

C'mon, sing with me!

Ding, Dong, the wand is dead! Which old wand? The wicked wand! Ding dong the wicked wand is DEAD!!!! :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy: x infinity :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom