It's not Epcot anymore.. (wand demo pics)

Mansion Butler

Trivia time!

Did you know: that the two skeletons in the stretching rooms are actual skeletons (one of them female), as are two of the skeletons on Pirates of the Caribbean?

There's lots of death at Disney!

ToTBellHop

Trivia time!

Did you know: that the two skeletons in the stretching rooms are actual skeletons (one of them female), as are two of the skeletons on Pirates of the Caribbean?

There's lots of death at Disney!
oh wow...I didn't know that. You can't tell it's female from the ground...

Is it the same at all of the parks?

BuzzComplexCM

As Epcot82Guy pointed out, it's cartoonish/theatrical death versus actual life altering death.

The two cannot be compared.

And with that, I'm done.

Maria

Excuse my ignorance - I haven´t been checking lately, but... what is going to happen with SE? Are they changing the ride or what? How long is it going to be closed?
Thanks for your kind answers. :)

mylucky21

I think the wand should have only been for the year 2000.
everything happens quickly in WDW comparred to where i live in Devon...just to fix a hole in the road it takes a month and then it isnt done properly!!!

Connor002

Excuse my ignorance - I haven´t been checking lately, but... what is going to happen with SE? Are they changing the ride or what? How long is it going to be closed?
A thorough cleaning, every scene is being touched in some way or another, the vehicles are getting their own screens, etc.

All to be finished up for November 13th.

prberk

Whaoh! Maria -- my Mexican princess! We have missed you!!

(OK, sorry for the further thread drift! Umm, "wand" -- now, I've said it. Does that count?!) :lookaroun :lol:

I missed Maria!

Paul

Maria

Whaoh! Maria -- my Mexican princess! We have missed you!!

(OK, sorry for the further thread drift! Umm, "wand" -- now, I've said it. Does that count?!) :lookaroun :lol:

I missed Maria!

Paul

LOL Hello Paul! :wave:
I´m still alive! Thank God! How are things with you?! :kiss:

Maria

A thorough cleaning, every scene is being touched in some way or another, the vehicles are getting their own screens, etc.

All to be finished up for November 13th.

Thank you Connor! So it´s only deep maintenance and updating stuff. The theme of the ride will remain the same, right? (I hope).

Connor002

Thank you Connor! So it´s only deep maintenance and updating stuff. The theme of the ride will remain the same, right? (I hope).
You're always welcome.
Yep.
I'm sure someone else will know more than I, though, but that's the general premise of what's going on.

Enigma

Account Suspended

The theme is being changed. It used to be about Communication and now is about innoventions and computers. Three new scenes are being added to the end of the ride that show the history of computers. Hopefully all static figures will be removed and replaced with Audio Animatronics.

Oh and we are getting brand new music and narrator

Maria

The theme is being changed. It used to be about Communication and now is about innoventions and computers. Three new scenes are being added to the end of the ride that show the history of computers. Hopefully all static figures will be removed and replaced with Audio Animatronics.

Damn! ...and I forgot to ride it again last April! :brick: :cry:

fyn

Are you saying that the ride is now about technological innovation (innovation != innoventions), and that will include computers? Saying it will be about innovation *and* computers doesn't make much sense. One's a concept, and one's a specific technological advancement. (i.e. the A-bomb is an innovation, and not very related to a computer).

I also find it highly suspect that they're re-theming the entire ride, yet only adding a few scenes. Theming the ride away from communication would take a much more significant change to the existing scenes. I find it far more likely that the ride is going to include much more about the impact that computers and technology in the late 20th century have had on communication.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Fyn, the new theme remains a bit of a mystery, but it certainly isn't a focus on communication systems like before.

The 3 new scenes about computers is confirmed. Also, they're casting for a voice of a news boy in the "Civil War Scene" for the attraction. The existing scenes are supposed to be extensively restaged. A noteable bit seen by folks in the planning/developement areas is the Egyptian scene where the female wears an elabroate head dress. It suggests she will be the queen/pharoah.

Between that and the news boy, that's 2 new versions of the old scenes that we know about so far.

fyn

Merf, working under the assumption that the scope of the ride is going to be expanding *significantly* to "Technological Innovations", I'm not sure how a scene with Egypt and a scene with a Newsboy during the American civil war fit into that. The most obvious innovations appropriate for those scenes is still communication (1. Papyrus, and 2. The idea of equality)

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
I've heard rumors that the idea is now moreso how each generation has influenced the next. Broader then just communication.

fyn

The skeptic in me is, well, skeptical. :animwink: But the Disney nut in me thinks that if its possible to make that theme into a viable, strong attraction worthy of that pavilion, Disney can do it.

Its odd though, of all the things that you could have said are rumored, that's probably about as far from Siemens business as possible, with the exception of the computer-related scenes.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom