It's not Epcot anymore.. (wand demo pics)

fyn

*Sigh*

At least Siemens doesn't sell consumer technology that they can hawk at us as we leave the ride. Unlike, you know, GM.

wild01ride

At least Siemens doesn't sell consumer technology that they can hawk at us as we leave the ride. Unlike, you know, GM.

Well - they do have consumer technology but they don't directly hawk us with it. I think Siemens is kind of like GE in the way that they have a hand in a LOT of industries. Maybe nothing we buy will ever have a "Siemens" label on it, but a lot of products we buy are Siemens products.
Illuminations is sponsored by [Osram] Sylvania, a Siemens company. Sylvania, as most know, is a manufacturer of home and automotive lighting as well as other consumer electronics. Other Siemens/Sylvania companies produce automotive electrical and lighting systems, etc.

Indirectly, by promoting communication technologies, they're promoting their products.

From the Siemens website:

Siemens-ConsumerProducts.jpg

fyn

What's so wrong about a company having cars in a pavillion about them? :veryconfu

Oh, I don't know. I guess I just kind of agreed with Walt in that guests shouldn't have merchandise hawked at them just to leave an attraction.

Having cars with significant technological innovation is fine (GM's standard lineup is not), but if you don't think they're there as a sales tactic, then you're clearly missing their window stickers.

CrashNet

Wow, brilliant:rolleyes:

Personally I would love to see a Cars based attraction added to the Test Track pavilion! That would be a GREAT addition.
Good idea in theory, but I have a feeling everyone would complain that Pixar was taking over.

jt04

Good idea in theory, but I have a feeling everyone would complain that Pixar was taking over.

I think most people hate the cheap, on the fly, Pixar overlays. I think "Disney quality" attractions will be accepted as long as they are not in every pavillion. It IS about Disney quality and something Pixar is supposed to be commited to. Time will tell.

jmvd20

I think most people hate the cheap, on the fly, Pixar overlays. I think "Disney quality" attractions will be accepted as long as they are not in every pavillion. It IS about Disney quality and something Pixar is supposed to be commited to. Time will tell.

It is not Pixar's decision to do cheap overlays, that decision is thanks to WDW management.

How about we tell Disney World management to commit themselves to Disney quality?

kcnole

Oh, I don't know. I guess I just kind of agreed with Walt in that guests shouldn't have merchandise hawked at them just to leave an attraction.

Show me where Walt ever believed that. Walt used corporate promotions to fund a large amount of products. How was the House of Mansato ever not a corporate sponsorship and sales pitch. There have always been corporate sponsorships all over the disney property especially in Epcot. Heck the whole premise of Epcot was that companies would come showcase their new products.

For just a short list of places where sponsorship has been:

Exxon at UoE
GM at World of Motion
I forget who Horizons sponsor was
AT&T at SSE
GM at Test Track
RCA and Fed-Ex at Space Mountain
Heck, the entire Carousel of Progress at the Worlds Fair was one big ad for GM back then.

Theres lots more as well.

Figment82

Heck, the entire Carousel of Progress at the Worlds Fair was one big ad for GM back then.

General Electric, actually.

And don't forget Ford's Magic Skyway, Pepsi-Cola/UNICEF's it's a small world, and the state of Illinois sponsorship of Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln

Walt realized that having corporate sponorships enabled him to have extra funds to build bigger and better rides, as well as gaining the expertise of the sponsoring company (as evidenced with Siemens currently).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom