It's Christmas Time in Disney - A November Trip Report

Well it’s been a month since I returned from my trip and it’s about time I started writing my trip report! I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays! We have certainly had a busy holiday season. The craziness started with our annual 3-day celebration of Thanksgiving before we left for 5 nights at Walt Disney World. Upon returning home from our trip, it was Christmas party after Christmas party up until the actual day. Whew. I’m exhausted just remembering all of the events. :D So now that I am finally getting some free time again, let’s get going.

The Details

Who: Me (Ashley) and my husband (Wes)
IMG_3847.jpg

My Mom and Dad - My parents last trip was in 2009.
IMG_4081.jpg

My Aunt (Val) and Uncle (Tom) - Their last trip was in 2008 with their daughter-in-law and granddaughter. Apparently they never left Toontown so they were very happy to learn that it was no more. :p
IMG_3949.jpg

My cousin (Kevin) and his wife (Allyson) - This was their first trip to WDW since they were kids.
IMG_3914.jpg

Wes’ Mom and Dad - They are DVC members and have been going just about once a year since '91 so they take a much more relaxed approach to their trips.
41933540073.jpg

When: Sunday November 25th – Friday November 30th

Where: Disney’s Yacht Club Resort

A Little Background Info
This trip started off with only 6 of us going; my parents, aunt and uncle and me and Wes. One weekend at the beach, we were talking to my cousin and his wife about our trip and my aunt talked them into going on our trip. We were around the 81-day mark when we added an additional 2 to our party. We had made all of our reservations at 180 days out so now we were on a mission to try to add 2 more to each reservation. Tammy was able to work her magic and get half of our reservations switched from 6 to 8 and I booked some backups for Kevin and Allyson, just in case they couldn’t eat with us. Then around the 45-day mark, Wes’ parents decided that they were also going to WDW the same time we were. Oh boy. Our party had gone from 6 to 8 to 10! My head was exploding. Hahaha I told Wes there was no way I was changing reservations again. Luckily, Wes’ parents didn’t plan on spending the entire trip with us since they don’t go to the parks every day so they were only going to join us a couple days and for one meal. After many revisions, our plans were finalized and we were ready for our trip! :D

Sunday November 25th – Disney World Here We Come!
When we planned our trip, it slipped my mind that today would be one of the busiest travel days of the year; The Sunday after Thanksgiving. Oops. We were hoping for the best but we decided we better get to the airport with some extra time just in case.

Our flight was at 9am so the plan was to leave for the airport at 6:45am. We drove to my parent’s house to meet everybody, drop off the dog with the dog sitter, and left their house a little after 7 to head to the airport. My Dad and cousin dropped the rest of us off with all of the luggage and went to park the cars in long-term parking. We checked all of our bags at curbside check in and the baggage handler couldn’t have been better. He told us all we could wait inside, since it was so cold, and brought us our boarding passes. We made our way to security and the line was the longest I have ever seen it. We got in line and slowly made our way to through security.

The line moved quicker than we thought and by the time we were through, my Dad and Kevin were almost to the front of the line. We made it to the gate by 7:49. Not too shabby. The Southwest terminal at RDU is amazing. The security line was the longest I had ever seen it and still, from the time we left our house to the time we were at the gate was only about 49 minutes. Amazing.

Our flight was easy and uneventful. We landed about 10 minutes early and I was really excited to be ahead of schedule. Then we waited on the tarmac for an additional 15 minutes and ended up getting off the plane later than our original arrival time. Not so great. We made our way to Disney’s Magical Express and there were more complications. We all went through with our booklets and then Kevin and Allyson realized that their booklet didn’t have the same barcode as ours. The cast member told them they would have to wait in the line at the counter to get one. Ugh. The trip had barely started and I was already stressed. As Kevin and Allyson were waiting in line, they realized that they had a separate DME booklet with their barcode. So after only a 5-minute delay, they were joining us in line. I asked if they had another booklet but they didn’t think they did. I should have looked at all of their paperwork beforehand but I just assumed their barcode would be in the same spot as ours. After a few minor delays, we were on the bus on our way to the Yacht Club!

IMG_3700.jpg

Woo hoo!

With the way our morning was going, of course, the Yacht Club was the very last stop. Hahaha Isn’t that always how it is?! :) We arrived at 12:15, an hour after boarding DME. It had been a long, somewhat stressful morning but I was instantly relaxed once we entered the Yacht Club lobby! I had to pick up some MVMCP tickets for Wes’ parents and pick up Wes’ park ticket so I went to the concierge while everyone else went to check in.

I got the tickets with a minor wait and met everyone else at check in. We had requested adjoining rooms and were pleased to learn that we would get rooms right next to each other! Two of the rooms were ready, our room and Val and Tom’s. We were on the 2nd floor so we made our way to the elevators so everyone could drop off their luggage in our rooms. I was too busy with getting the tickets and checking in to take any pictures of the lobby but there would be many more later. Wes’ parents had arrived the day before so they went over to Beaches and Cream to put our name on the list for a table for 10. They were already there and waiting so after checking in, Wes went to join them while we dropped off our bags.

I was really excited because our room was really close to the elevators and later we realized that we were super close to the stairs in the lobby so waiting for elevators wasn’t necessary.

IMG_3705.jpg

My parents dropped off their bags in our room so I needed to wait until after their room was ready to take pictures of the room. There were just too many bags and people in the way to take pictures now. :) We were also in a hurry to get to lunch at Beaches and Cream! We went next door to Val and Tom’s room to gather everyone for lunch. Wes and I had bought a little gift to give Tom for our trip. When we first started talking about this trip and staying at the Yacht Club, Wes and I decided that we should start calling Tom the Captain. The idea initially started from the How I Met Your Mother episode with the Captain. Now Tom doesn’t remind us of the Captain on the show but we just thought it would be funny for him to wear a Captain’s hat at the Yacht Club.

IMG_3704.jpg

Tom really enjoyed his hat!

Wes texted me to let me know that our table at Beaches and Cream was ready so we all made our way to the restaurant.

IMG_3728.jpg

IMG_0603.jpg

Instagram love.

IMG_3709.jpg

We were initially all seated around 2 of the round tables in the middle of the restaurant. Now, remember, there were 10 of us seated around those 2 small tables. As soon as our drinks were delivered it confirmed that there was no way that food for 10 people would fit on the table. We asked if we could pull up another round table but they said it was in another section so we couldn’t. Luckily there was a booth open that they said we could use so 4 of us moved there so we could eat our lunch without being so cramped.

IMG_3710.jpg

We were on the Deluxe Dining Plan for this trip so there are a lot of food pictures for this trip report! :D We ordered appetizers and I was so upset because my Dad, Tom and Kevin didn’t order appetizers! :eek: How can you not order an appetizer when you are on the DDP?! Hahaha I let it slide since it was just the first meal of the trip but I still didn’t like it. My Mom, Val and I ordered onion rings, and Wes and Allyson ordered Caesar salads. Unfortunately since Allyson was sitting at the other table, I wasn’t able to get a picture of her salad before she started eating it and Wes gave his salad to his Mom so I didn’t get a picture of it either.

IMG_3711.jpg

Mmmm delicious!
IMG_3712.jpg

My Mom made a Mickey out of onion rings.

WishIWasAtWDW

Original Poster
I agree about the decorations at the Contemporary. I was a little disappointed by the lack of them! I'm so jealous you got to see the Wilderness Lodge all decked out. We ran out of time.:(

Yea, you would expect the Contemporary to have more decorations than it does. I love the Wilderness Lodge. Its gorgeous normally but at Christmas time it is even more beautiful. That stinks that you didn't have time to check it out! Next trip you will have to make sure to check it out.

Adorable pics!! We love the character interaction at Chef Mickey's. They never disappoint :)

Thanks! The character interactions were really great. It was really nice that the characters spent time interacting with us since we were just a bunch of adults. :D

tiaragirl

An Ashley TR, yay!

You had quite the crew with you this time.. which had it's good moments and bad moments, I'm sure! Everyone seems in pretty good cheer, though, so that's a bonus :)

Enjoying your pictures and adventures. Always nice to see pictures of decorations and thoughts on fooooood. So much food. How did you not explode? Tell me more.

Disneyfalcon

Ashley! I'm finally catching up on trip reports today! So excited to see yours!

Go big or go home!! Love it! Everyone should adopt that philosophy at Beaches and Cream.

My family calls me bossy at Disney, but sometimes someone just needs to stand up and say, "This is what we are doing!" Otherwise everyone just looks at each other and says, "I don't care what do you want to do?" Lol.

We got to the Grand Floridian at 5:32 so Narcoossee’s had just opened. Perfect timing! :D I went to check us in and when I explained that we now had 8 instead of 6, they said they were expecting us and had a table ready! Woo hoo! Thank you Tammy for leaving a message! :D The host told us to give them just a few minutes so I let everyone know and then I took a bio break. That might be a little TMI but it’s so you can see the cute label on the lady’s restroom at Narcoossee’s.

Yay! You are a very welcome! So glad they helped! :)

I can totally see you leading everyone through the store with your hand raised! Haha!

I love the popping out from behind things pictures! I shall now always think of you when I see a picture like that. Similar to always thinking about Hollybelle with a mirror shot! :)

PolynesianPrincess

Love the TR so far Ashley!! :) I feel you on traveling with a large group though. When we went in November 2010 there was 6 of us and my unt took a much slower pace than we did. Not to mention we stayed off-site with one vehicle... So when she wanted to leave, we had to leave. We're traveling again with my same aunt and her two kids in May but thankfully we are staying on property so she can come and go as she pleases. The largest group we ever had was 11 and we will never travel with that large a group again we dont think. And if we do, we will make sure to split up A LOT!! lol

Yachtsmans looks so good. I love steak, more specifically filet and I've read great things about their filet. That's one place that always seems to get cut from the final ADR list. I think with Le Cellier going signature for lunch now we will have to try Yachtsmans.

Isn't WL beautiful at Christmas?! i love the huge tree in the lobby :) Can't wait to read more!!

plaz10

It was a great game! As usual, I was demolishing Wes in the early rounds and then during the green alien round Wes almost doubled my score for that round. Every time! It was time for our final scores…

This is EXACTLY what happens to me and Bill. I am killing but but by the time the aliens come around - he gets a ton of points!! The only time I'm even close to him is when we work together to get the Ring Monster!

edrho

Ashley, my brother and his family live in Raleigh Durham. He works for Hendricks motor sports car dealership that is located. Close to the bulls stadium. BTW I love your husbands muppet/Beatles shirt. Great trip report.

WishIWasAtWDW

Original Poster
An Ashley TR, yay!

You had quite the crew with you this time.. which had it's good moments and bad moments, I'm sure! Everyone seems in pretty good cheer, though, so that's a bonus :)

Enjoying your pictures and adventures. Always nice to see pictures of decorations and thoughts on fooooood. So much food. How did you not explode? Tell me more.

We did have quite a large group this trip. It was certainly an adjustment for me since I am used to it just being Wes and me and since we go so often, we don't feel the need to fit everything in on every trip. The group was very trying on my patience but it got better as the trip went on.

Thanks Kenzie! We did have soooo much food! I was extremely full the entire trip. I actually was only hungry, I think, at two different times during this trip! :D I was in a constant state of being full. Thank God for all the walking or I wouldn't have made it. Hahaha

Ashley! I'm finally catching up on trip reports today! So excited to see yours!

Go big or go home!! Love it! Everyone should adopt that philosophy at Beaches and Cream.

My family calls me bossy at Disney, but sometimes someone just needs to stand up and say, "This is what we are doing!" Otherwise everyone just looks at each other and says, "I don't care what do you want to do?" Lol.

Yay! You are a very welcome! So glad they helped! :)

I can totally see you leading everyone through the store with your hand raised! Haha!

I love the popping out from behind things pictures! I shall now always think of you when I see a picture like that. Similar to always thinking about Hollybelle with a mirror shot! :)

Yea...Go big or go home was our motto for the trip since we had so much food to eat!

My family does the same thing and says I'm bossy at Disney...and everywhere else. :p Hahaha I totally agree though; at Disney, someone needs to step up and be the leader so you can maximize your time and not waste time standing around.

Thank you so much for calling them! I was so happy when we got there and they said they were expecting us and our table was ready! It was our best dinner of the trip!! :D Narcoossee's is now on my must-eat list for every trip!

We kept saying that I needed some kind of sign to hold up or something. Next time I travel with a large group, I'm going to make myself some giant Mickey ears sign to hold up. :)

Thanks! Taking those pictures was fun! I think I may need to take some on the Fantasy this May! :D

Love the TR so far Ashley!! :) I feel you on traveling with a large group though. When we went in November 2010 there was 6 of us and my unt took a much slower pace than we did. Not to mention we stayed off-site with one vehicle... So when she wanted to leave, we had to leave. We're traveling again with my same aunt and her two kids in May but thankfully we are staying on property so she can come and go as she pleases. The largest group we ever had was 11 and we will never travel with that large a group again we dont think. And if we do, we will make sure to split up A LOT!! lol

Yachtsmans looks so good. I love steak, more specifically filet and I've read great things about their filet. That's one place that always seems to get cut from the final ADR list. I think with Le Cellier going signature for lunch now we will have to try Yachtsmans.

Isn't WL beautiful at Christmas?! i love the huge tree in the lobby :) Can't wait to read more!!

Thanks Darolyn! Large groups can be tough. With so many different opinions and touring styles, it makes for a slightly more stressful trip at times but its really fun to have so many people to share memories with! I love all of our ride photos and I probably wouldn't have gotten those if we weren't such a large group. :) Staying on property was so nice for our group since people could come and go as they pleased without the whole group having to leave. That should make it a lot easier for you guys in May! It was great for us.

The Yachtsman was good but we had better steaks at other restaurants on our trip. The Yachtsman used to be a must eat restaurant for us but I think it fell off that list this trip. It stinks that Le Cellier is going to signature for lunch now too! I love it but I just don't think its worth 2 credits for lunch.

Oh, the Wilderness Lodge...it has my heart! :D Those Christmas decorations are so amazing! I need to stay there sometime when they are up instead of just visiting it.

I hope to have more posted tomorrow!

This is EXACTLY what happens to me and Bill. I am killing but but by the time the aliens come around - he gets a ton of points!! The only time I'm even close to him is when we work together to get the Ring Monster!

What is it with that round?! I need to do some research and figure out a better strategy because clearly what I am doing isn't working. Hahaha I've never gotten a Ring Monster!!! I've never seen any of those special features. I guess I'm not that good. :D

Ashley, my brother and his family live in Raleigh Durham. He works for Hendricks motor sports car dealership that is located. Close to the bulls stadium. BTW I love your husbands muppet/Beatles shirt. Great trip report.

I know where that is! So cool! Wes loves the Muppets and that shirt. :) Thanks for reading!

WishIWasAtWDW

Original Poster
Last time I posted, we had just spent our morning having breakfast at Chef Mickey’s and touring the Magic Kingdom resorts. We just got back to the Yacht Club for some time to relax. And back to the trip report…

Wes wasn’t back yet from golfing so I decided to sit outside on our balcony for a little bit. As I was out there, they started cleaning the roof or the side of the building or something because water started coming down so I decided to relocate to the beach.

IMG_4150.jpg

View from our balcony

As I was on my way out, my Mom called and said that my Dad had left a message that he was down by the pool so we went down to join him. Tom, my Dad, Kevin and Allyson were all sitting at the pool in the section where they were having the kid’s poolside activities so it was really loud. My Mom and I decided to relocate to the Yacht Club beach for something a little quieter.

IMG_0631.jpg

It was a BE-A-UTIFUL day!

IMG_4151.jpg

IMG_4152.jpg

IMG_4154.jpg

We sat at the beach for a while, each took a quick 15-minute nap and then I wanted to show my Mom the Boardwalk decorations. So she went to go refill her mug and then we were off to the Boardwalk.

IMG_4158.jpg

IMG_4159.jpg

This was the spot where Wes and I got engaged. :D

IMG_4161.jpg

IMG_4162.jpg

This gingerbread gazebo/house is one of my favorites around the resorts!

IMG_4163.jpg

My Mom and I spent some time finding all of the Hidden Mickeys and then checked out the Boardwalk Bakery.

IMG_4167.jpg

This little building was new. It wasn’t there when we stayed at the Boardwalk in 2010.

IMG_4169.jpg

IMG_4170.jpg

We had to head back to the Yacht Club to get ready to go to the Magic Kingdom. We had 4:20pm dinner reservations at Be Our Guest that I didn’t want to be late for! So we walked back to the resort. When I got there, Wes still wasn’t back from golfing with his Dad and I was starting to get worried since we had to leave in about 5 minutes. I had called him and sent him text messages while we were at the Boardwalk and he didn’t text me back. So I called again and still got nothing.

In the meantime, I went to get my parents from their room and noticed that their room was set up differently than our room. They had a day bed/couch that our room didn’t have. Very neat.

IMG_4172.jpg

While we were waiting, Wes called and said he hadn’t gotten any of my calls or text messages. His Dad was going to drive him back to the Yacht Club and he was going to meet us in the park. I left his MVMCP ticket in the room and we made our way to the bus stop.

Kevin and Allyson weren’t joining us tonight as they had tickets to see the lead singer of Pearl Jam in concert. My cousin is a huge Pearl Jam fan so when he found out that the lead singer was in Orlando two nights during our trip, he decided to skip MVMCP and go to the concert instead. I was sad they weren’t going with us but we were still going to have a fun night!

We got to the bus stop at 3:20 and while waiting for a bus, we saw Wes and his Dad pull up. Wes ran back to the room to get ready and the rest of us caught a bus to the Magic Kingdom.

IMG_4173.jpg

My Dad wearing my Santa Mickey hat

IMG_4174.jpg

We got to the Magic Kingdom at 3:45 and I thought we would have to wait to be let into the park but they were already letting MVMCP attendees into the park. Sweet! We stopped on Main Street to get some PhotoPass pictures.

41933540057.jpg

41933540060.jpg

41933540064.jpg

WishIWasAtWDW

Original Poster
After pictures, we made our way straight back to the New Fantasyland to check in for dinner. I was so excited to see the New Fantasyland since we didn’t get to see it the night before.

IMG_4175.jpg

IMG_4176.jpg

Love these new walls

IMG_4177.jpg

We’re here!!

I made my way up to the restaurant to check in and saw a line of people. I asked if they were in line to check in and they let me know that the check in was back up before the bridge. Oops. :oops: I was so excited about seeing all the details of New Fantasyland that I totally didn’t see the check in desk. So I told my family to wait on the bridge and I would go back to check us in.

I checked in with a minimal wait and then took our pager back to the group on the bridge. At this point I called Wes again to see where he was and he said he had just arrived in the park and would be there in about 4 minutes. While we waited, I took some pictures of the new area.

IMG_4178.jpg

IMG_4179.jpg

I was really excited to try this new attraction

IMG_4180.jpg

This gives me an idea…

IMG_4181.jpg

Hello! :D

IMG_4183.jpg

IMG_4186.jpg

IMG_4188.jpg

Our pager went off and Wes still wasn’t there yet. I kept trying to call him and he wasn’t answering his phone. The cast member asked if we were all here and we told her that we were waiting on one more but he was on his way. It had been 15 minutes since Wes had originally said he was 4 minutes away so I couldn’t figure out where he was. We kept debating on if I should go start looking for him. We told the cast member that we could be seated without him but she didn’t want to seat us without our complete party there because she didn’t know how he would find us in the restaurant. So after constantly calling Wes with no answer, I said I would go look for him.

I started walking and made it just past the bridge when here comes Wes. I asked him what happened since he was supposedly 4 minutes away and he said he saw a co-worker of his on Main Street and stopped to talk. Small world! He said he was sorry but I was still agitated with him. I hate being late, especially for dinner reservations since I used to work in a restaurant. I know how frustrating it is for the wait staff so I felt bad. We probably only made the cast member wait an additional 5 minutes after our pager went off but I still felt bad and was annoyed at Wes for being so late.

So after some slight marital drama, :)p) we were seated in the grand ballroom! :D I was blown away by the restaurant! My point and shoot camera did not do it justice!

IMG_4189.jpg

Beautiful rose napkins

IMG_4192.jpg

IMG_4196.jpg

The ceiling was amazing. They had paintings of baby cherubs on clouds. My Mom and I started thinking that the babies were probably painted from pictures of the kids of the Imagineers who worked on the restaurant. We decided to ask our waitress if the babies were paintings of anyone in particular and she confirmed our suspicions that they were of the Imagineers’ kids and some of the cherubs had adult faces of the Imagineers who worked on the restaurant. So cool!

I had such a hard time putting down my camera during this dinner! It was like I had ADD during this entire meal! :D Our waitress told us that we could feel free to walk around the restaurant and check out the West Wing dining area. I was really bummed that the Rose Gallery was closed off tonight but there was plenty more to look at so it was probably a good thing or I would have been even more distracted! The waitress also told us that you could stop in the Library to take a picture with the Beast. I told Wes that since he was late, he had to get a picture of just himself with the Beast and then I wouldn’t be mad anymore. Hahaha :D I’m sad to say that Wes never got that picture of just him and the Beast. Next time.

IMG_4205.jpg

IMG_4207.jpg

IMG_4204.jpg

This was the view from my seat. I was sure to get a seat with a view of the snow. :D

IMG_4195.jpg

I went to explore the West Wing a little before we ordered our appetizers.

For appetizers, we got 5 different appetizers so we could try each other's. Tom and I got the French onion soup, Wes got the potato leek soup, my Dad got the assorted cured meats and sausages, my Mom got the seasonal salads appetizer trio, and Val got the garden salad.

IMG_4213.jpg

Potato leek soup

IMG_4211.jpg

Assorted cured meats and sausages

IMG_4212.jpg

Seasonal salad trio

WishIWasAtWDW

Original Poster
IMG_4210.jpg

Garden salad

And I’m just realizing that I forgot to take a picture of the French onion soup!! :eek: I must have gotten distracted because our host, the Beast, made his regal entrance at that very moment when I should have been taking a picture of my soup. We ended up seeing the Beast 3 times during our meal.

IMG_4215.jpg

All of our appetizers were really good! My Mom’s seasonal trio of salads were actually really tasty. I never would have thought of some of those combinations but they went really well together. We did a lot of sharing and everyone liked everyone else’s appetizers. The French onion soup and the garden salad were my two favorites. The champagne vinaigrette on the garden salad was really tasty!

After we ate our appetizers, my Mom wanted to check out the West Wing so I went with her to do some more exploring.

IMG_4216.jpg

This painting was really cool. Every time you heard thunder in the West Wing, this painting would transform into a painting of the Beast. My seat at our table was in the perfect spot to see it change!

IMG_4217.jpg

The Enchanted Rose was pretty cool too

For entrees, again we got 5 different things to try as many options as possible. I got the sautéed shrimp and scallops, Wes and Tom got the pork rack chop, my Mom got the grilled strip steak, my Dad got the Cornish hen and Val got the salmon.

IMG_4222.jpg

Shrimp and scallops (I remembered to take a picture this time!)

IMG_4221.jpg

Pork rack chop

IMG_4220.jpg

Strip steak

IMG_4219.jpg

Cornish hen

IMG_4218.jpg

Salmon

Dinner was DELICIOUS! My dinner was sooooo good! Everyone loved their meals. Val ate her entire salmon and said it was wonderful! She would order it again in a heart beat. My Mom’s steak came with some fries and some kind of dipping butter. OMG. Delicious! I don’t remember what it was but it was good!

Before it was time for dessert, I decided to take a bio break and check out the restrooms. On the way, I saw the beautiful mosaic!

IMG_4223.jpg

IMG_4224.jpg

So gorgeous!

For desserts we weren’t as adventurous. Wes and I got the strawberry-cream cheese cupcake, my Mom and Val got the triple chocolate cupcake and my Dad and Tom got the lemon meringue cupcake.

IMG_4226.jpg

IMG_4227.jpg

IMG_4228.jpg

All of our desserts were very tasty but the entrees really were the highlight of the meal! We had an amazing meal at Be Our Guest. I was so glad that we had gotten reservations. I have always thought that the Magic Kingdom needed some better table service restaurants and Be Our Guest really delivers!

We had almost been at dinner for 2 hours and I was getting really antsy to get out and see the New Fantasyland. The only other person who seemed even remotely interested in seeing New Fantasyland was my Mom so we decided to leave the rest of our group to pay the check while we went and explored!

IMG_4229.jpg

First up was Belle’s village. We started in Gaston’s Tavern.

IMG_4230.jpg

IMG_4231.jpg

IMG_4232.jpg

Lots of heads on the walls

IMG_4233.jpg

IMG_4234.jpg

WishIWasAtWDW

Original Poster
We also checked out the new gift shop.

IMG_4235.jpg

Really cute plates

Next we walked over to Prince Eric’s castle to check out Under the Sea – Journey of the Little Mermaid. (Man, that title is a mouth full!)

IMG_4239.jpg

IMG_4240.jpg

IMG_4242.jpg

The posted wait time was only 30 minutes so I called Wes to see if any of them cared if we rode without them. They were still waiting for the check so they didn’t mind. So we started through the queue and didn’t see another soul in sight. The queue has so many cool details. We should have slowed down and taken more time in the queue but I was too excited to ride! :D

I decided to try to take some pictures during the ride.

IMG_4246.jpg

On the ceiling

IMG_4247.jpg

IMG_4253.jpg

IMG_4254.jpg

IMG_4263.jpg

I really like this attraction! I know before New Fantasyland opened people were saying “don’t get your hopes up” since it was the same attraction as in California but since I have never been on that attraction it was still new for me and I really liked it. We exited the ride and I called Wes to see where they were. It turns out that they were still in the restaurant. So we made our way back to the entrance of the restaurant and the rest of our group was just exiting the restaurant.

IMG_4265.jpg

Wes’ parents were meeting us tonight for MVMCP so he gave them a call and let them know where we were. They were almost back to the New Fantasyland so we waited there for them.

They arrived a few minutes later and we decided to ride the Under the Sea attraction again. After the attraction, it was officially party time so we made our way over to Tomorrowland. We had 45 minutes until the Totally Tomorrowland Christmas stage show so we took a spin on the Peoplemover. I love the Peoplemover at night.

We still had some time left before the stage show so we decided to ride Space Mountain. My Mom and Tom sat out so the rest of us made our way through the queue. This time we were better prepared for the on ride photo!

41933540069.jpg

41933540070.jpg

These pictures made me so happy that I purchased the PhotoPass+! :D

My Mom and Tom had found us a spot with some benches. We were a little far away from the stage but we still had a decent view and didn’t have to deal with the crowds.

IMG_4284.jpg

When we saw this show in 2010 I thought it was cute and I thought my Mom would really like it. I was right. :D My Mom really liked the stage show and everyone else seemed to enjoy it as well. I wasn’t sure what attraction to do next and Wes’ parents suggested we ride Buzz. I didn’t think it was a good use of our time since we had just ridden it last night and I don’t really like it but everyone else wanted to go so we went.

Well…I am so glad we did ride again because I maxed out my score in the second room! :D I have never maxed out before except when the ride has been stuck. Wes couldn’t believe it. He kept saying that I cheated. How in the world would I cheat?! I was so proud of myself because normally I can never find my laser but this time I could see my laser and kept aiming at those targets on the spinning thing in the far corner and I hit it like 4 times in a row! Go me! So since I maxed out, I decided to take some pictures of our group during the ride.

IMG_4285.jpg

My score! Woo hoo!

IMG_4286.jpg

IMG_4287.jpg

After the ride, I stopped to pick up our PhotoPass pictures.

41933540071.jpg

41933540072.jpg

41933540073.jpg

41933540074.jpg

WishIWasAtWDW

Original Poster
The group wanted to stop to get some sugar cookies so we stopped at Cosmic Ray’s.

IMG_4290.jpg

IMG_4292.jpg

The DJ at the dance party looked like one cool cat :D

After we got some cookies, the group wanted to ride Splash Mountain. The first parade had started though, so we had to take the long way through Fantasyland to get to Frontierland. On our way to Splash, I saw that Peter Pan only had a 15-minute wait. That’s unheard of! I wanted to ride but no one else wanted to go. I was shocked at my Mom since she loves Peter Pan but she didn’t want to throw away her Diet Coke that she got at Cosmic Ray’s. Really Mom?! Hahaha Everyone said I could ride it but I didn’t want to ride it alone. Wes’ Mom was nice enough to ride with me. Val and Tom also said they would ride and then Tom bailed at the last minute once he realized the guys weren’t going so it was me, my mother in law and Val. We were off to Neverland!

I was really glad that we got to ride. I called Wes after we exited the ride and it turned out that Splash Mountain was closed. We were really bummed since the MVMCP map said that it was open and then it ended up being closed. So they had all found a spot near the Hub to watch the fireworks. So the three of us went to find them. Luckily, with the help of our phones, we were able to find our group.

IMG_4296.jpg

View from our spot

We had found our spot around 9pm so we had 30 minutes until the fireworks. What I wasn’t expecting was the Celebrate the Magic show. I didn’t realize it would be shown during the party so it was a nice bonus. Again, my pictures just don’t do it justice! The projection show was AMAZING!

IMG_4309.jpg

IMG_4311.jpg

Everyone couldn’t stop talking about the projection show. It was just so cool! The fireworks were next and there is simply nothing more magical than standing in the Magic Kingdom and seeing the fireworks! Magical!

IMG_4316.jpg

After the fireworks, Wes, his parents and I decided to go find a spot on Main Street to view the parade. In 2010, we had forgotten to watch from Main Street so we missed the snow. I wanted to make sure that we were in a good spot this year. My parents and Val and Tom moved closer to the castle to watch the stage show.

Main Street was pretty packed but we managed to find a pretty good spot behind a group with some strollers between the Ice Cream Parlor and the Bakery.

IMG_4319.jpg

It’s snowing!!

IMG_4321.jpg

IMG_4323.jpg

IMG_4326.jpg

While we were waiting, a bunch of cast members came out to entertain the crowd. The kids had a good time dancing in the street.

IMG_4336.jpg

This little kid in the hoodie looked just like the kid from Ghostbusters 2. It was a crazy resemblance!

Before the stage show was over, my parents and Val and Tom joined us on Main Street. They were worried that if they stayed until the end of the stage show that they wouldn’t be able to find us. It was now parade time!

IMG_4351.jpg

IMG_4360.jpg

IMG_4371.jpg

IMG_4380.jpg

IMG_4387.jpg

IMG_4424.jpg

IMG_4443.jpg

The parade was really good. It really helped us get into the Christmas spirit. Val and Tom decided to leave after the parade so we said our goodbyes and decided to go see the 11:20 stage show. So we made our way up to the Hub again and found a spot on a bench to watch the show.

IMG_4447.jpg

IMG_4449.jpg

WishIWasAtWDW

Original Poster
It was almost time for the show to start when they made an announcement that they were having technical difficulties and the show would be cancelled. :( Major bummer! The characters did come out to do a quick sing a long with the crowd so it wasn’t a total waste.

IMG_4451.jpg

After the sing a long, we took some PhotoPass pictures.
41933540075.jpg

41933540080.jpg

We still had some time left before the park closed so we went to Adventureland to ride Pirates and then to finish out the night we took a ride on the wildest ride in the wilderness, Big Thunder Mountain Railroad! Wahoo!

It was time to exit the park. We left the park a little after 12, said goodbye to Wes’ parents and made our way to the bus stop. The line for the Yacht Club was so long and there were 2 scooters waiting for a bus. I had a feeling we were going to be there awhile. A bus pulled up and the bus driver started to load the scooters on the bus when a bus to the Boardwalk pulled up. We jumped out of our line and our bus left before the Yacht Club bus had even loaded one of the scooters.

We got to the Boardwalk at 12:47 and walked over to the Yacht Club. It was a busy night and we were very ready for bed!

IMG_4456.jpg

Up next: Some Thrilling Attractions and Great Food

WishIWasAtWDW

Original Poster
Wednesday November 28th – Animal Kingdom and Epcot

After a late night at MVMCP, we were up bright and early today for EMH at the Animal Kingdom. I woke up at 6:20 and Wes asked if he could skip going with us this morning to sleep in. Since I had other people with us, I was fine with Wes missing out. I was a little disappointed but it was his vacation too so I guess I could let him sleep in one day. :D

I went to go get a refill in my mug when I bumped into Val and she had just found out that we could get refills in our lobby. Wish we had known that earlier but better late than never. We met in our usual spot and were at the bus stop at 7:20.

We were all a little tired from the previous night but we were ready to tackle the Animal Kingdom in full force! We arrived at the Animal Kingdom at 7:54 and they were already letting people in the park. We were later than I had wanted us to be but luckily the park still wasn’t crowded at all.

We made a beeline for Asia for a ride on Expedition Everest. There’s no better way to wake you up!

IMG_4457.jpg

No time to stop for pictures…had to take them on the move

IMG_4459.jpg

IMG_4461.jpg

There she is!

IMG_4462.jpg

We got to the entrance and it was only a 5-minute wait time posted. We walked through the queue and basically right onto the ride. Sweet! We were seated in the back of the train.

IMG_4464.jpg

Tom looks exhausted already. Hahaha

IMG_4465.jpg

View from the top

IMG_4466.jpg

Everyone’s all smiles right now! :D

Everest was a great way to wake up this morning! Everyone really enjoyed it. Tom was so funny because as soon as we started going backwards he was yelling at my Dad saying “This is all your fault! You did this to me!” :D Hahaha Our PhotoPass pictures were great! I wish we were all in the same photo though.

41933540083.jpg

41933540084.jpg

Their picture was the best!

When we exited the ride, there was still only a 5-minute wait so we decided to ride again. My Mom and Tom did not want to join us so they sat out. I was so proud of Tom for riding it at all!

41933540085.jpg

Glad we were all in the same photo this time

Next up was Kilimanjaro Safaris so we made the trek over to Africa.

IMG_4472.jpg

IMG_4474.jpg

IMG_4476.jpg

There was a 20-minute wait but we only ended up waiting about 13 minutes. We had a really funny driver. Of course I can’t remember anything she said now but I remember her being really funny! It’s always nice when you have a good driver. I love that song too, that they play on the radio. Anyone know where I can download a copy? I don’t know the words but I sure do love to sing it! :D

IMG_4480.jpg

IMG_4482.jpg

IMG_4484.jpg

IMG_4486.jpg

IMG_4488.jpg

IMG_4491.jpg

There’s lions up there, I swear!

IMG_4495.jpg

The addition of the zebras was great! There were so many of them!

WishIWasAtWDW

Original Poster
We had a really good safari and saw a decent amount of the animals. At some point, Wes had sent me a text trying to decide if it was worth it to meet us in Animal Kingdom. Since we didn’t have much left to do, I told him not to worry about it. So we planned to meet up in Epcot a little later.

Next up on our agenda was Dinosaur. Say what you want about this attraction but I love it!

IMG_4501.jpg

Flash photography? I wouldn’t. It interrupts the homing signal and that’s not good.

IMG_4502.jpg

41933540086.jpg

Everyone looks so bored.

From our on ride photo it would appear that no one liked the ride, but they said it was good. It wasn’t their favorite or anything but they didn’t hate it as their picture might suggest.

Our group was hungry so they wanted to go find something for breakfast. I suggested Pizzafari since I knew they had breakfast foods. I wasn’t hungry so I didn’t care where we went. So we made our way over to Pizzafari so everyone else could get something to eat.

IMG_4504.jpg

IMG_4506.jpg

IMG_4507.jpg

IMG_4508.jpg

IMG_4510.jpg

IMG_4511.jpg

Everyone got in line to get some food and I went and got a table. This was when I almost lost all patience for my family. Everyone came back to the table and they were upset that Pizzafari had no muffins. Val couldn’t understand why they wouldn’t have any muffins and she said we should have gone somewhere else to eat. Everyone kept complaining and I had to remind them that I didn’t know what they wanted to eat but they asked where they could get breakfast food and I said Pizzafari. I was so annoyed and I didn’t have Wes there for any moral support so I was pretty close to losing it on the entire family. Hahaha I didn’t realize I was supposed to be a mind reader and know that they wanted muffins to eat! Ugh! Families. Hahaha

So once everyone was done eating their non-muffin breakfasts, we left the now forever tarnished Pizzafari to go see Its Tough to be a Bug!

IMG_4512.jpg

I should have popped out from behind this but all the drama over muffins made me forget. :D

We saw Its Tough to be a Bug and it was really fun to see Kevin and Allyson’s reaction during this attraction. (Ooo that rhymed! :D ) They both were cracking up, especially at the very end! It was a nice attraction after muffin-gate. :D

Once we exited ITTBAB, we had only about 5 minutes until the start of the Festival of the Lion King and we didn’t have time to see the next one because of our lunch reservations. It was this showing or nothing. So we quickly made our way to Camp Minnie Mickey and got in the long line for FotLK. We made it all the way up to the cast member with the clicker when they stopped us. You have got to be kidding me! She informed us that we should still be able to get in but we had to wait there for a minute. So we waited and then the cast member said they could take 8 more and a group right behind us went in. Seriously?!?! We all just looked at the cast member like “what just happened?” We were next in line and these people just stole our spot to see the show. The cast member felt bad and let us know that there was some standing room only space left and we could go in. So luckily we made it into the show.

The show had just begun when we got in there and on the way to the standing room only area in the Lion section, my parents and Val and Tom were told they could take some handicapped seats in the Warthog section so they sat there and Kevin, Allyson and I all continued to the standing room only area. I was just happy to be able to see the show so I didn’t mind having to stand. We actually had a pretty good view of the show!

IMG_0642.jpg

View from our “seats”

IMG_0644.jpg

Instagram love

IMG_0653.jpg

IMG_0661.jpg

We exited the theater and met up with the rest of our group. I wanted to show my Mom the Christmas trees in Camp Minnie Mickey so we quickly looked at them.

IMG_4518.jpg

IMG_4519.jpg

IMG_4520.jpg

IMG_4521.jpg

It was now time for us to leave the Animal Kingdom and head to Epcot for our lunch reservations at Le Cellier! :D I was really excited for everyone to try this restaurant. Wes and I were the only ones who had ever eaten there so I wanted to see if everyone else liked it as much as we did.

IMG_4524.jpg

We left AK around 11:30 and caught a bus to Epcot. We met Wes at the Future World entrance so we could take some pictures in front of Spaceship Earth.

41933540087.jpg

WishIWasAtWDW

Original Poster
41933540094.jpg

After our picture, Wes and I took everyone’s park tickets and ran ahead to get fastpasses for Soarin. We still hadn’t been on this attraction yet and it is my Mom’s favorite so we needed to try to get fastpasses today! On the way to get FPs, I filled Wes in on all the muffin drama and the fact that my family was driving me nuts. We got our FPs and then the family met us outside the Land pavilion.

Our lunch reservation wasn’t until 1:05 but I wanted to check in early since this reservation was only for 6 people and I was hoping they could seat all 8 of us. So we decided that Wes and I would go check in at Le Cellier and the rest of the family would go on Ellen’s Energy Adventure. It was nice to get some time without the entire group and it was exactly what I needed.

Wes and I went to Canada and talked to the hostess about our situation. She called in to their seating manager and said it would be fine for all of us to sit together. I was so glad!
With that taken care of, Wes and I decided to spend some relaxing time in World Showcase.

IMG_4526.jpg

As we were leaving Canada, we caught the end of the Canadian Santa’s performance. We checked the times guide and decided to go see France’s Santa next.

IMG_4528.jpg

With some time to kill before his performance, we stopped in the UK for some sight seeing.

IMG_4531.jpg

IMG_4532.jpg

IMG_4533.jpg

We found a nice bench in France to relax. We would be able to hear the French Santa but not have to stand.

IMG_4534.jpg

IMG_4535.jpg

IMG_4538.jpg

This is my hipster picture in France :D

IMG_4539.jpg

IMG_4543.jpg

We moved up closer for the end of his performance

It was almost time for our lunch reservation so we made our way back to Canada. Our group wasn’t there yet so we walked around and took some pictures.

IMG_4544.jpg

Hey! :D

IMG_4546.jpg

IMG_4547.jpg

IMG_4549.jpg

IMG_4552.jpg

My Dad texted me that they were on their way to Canada, so we walked back to Le Cellier. Everyone arrived and we were able to check in for real this time.

IMG_4553.jpg

IMG_4555.jpg

IMG_4556.jpg

IMG_4557.jpg

WishIWasAtWDW

Original Poster
IMG_4560.jpg

IMG_4562.jpg

IMG_4563.jpg

We had to wait a little bit before we were seated and normally that wouldn’t be a problem but today was the first time I was actually hungry. In fact, I was pretty close to starving since I hadn’t eaten any breakfast. I was so happy when they brought out the delicious bread. Mmmmm

IMG_4567.jpg

We were all so hungry that we ended up ordering our meals right away. Kevin and I ordered the cheddar cheese soup, Wes and my Dad got the spicy chicken and chipotle sausage, my Mom and Val got the fried rock shrimp, Tom got the duck confit crepe, and Allyson got the tomato salad.

IMG_4572.jpg

Cheddar cheese soup

IMG_4569.jpg

Spicy chicken and chipotle sausage

IMG_4570.jpg

Fried rock shrimp

IMG_4568.jpg

Duck confit crepe

IMG_4571.jpg

Tomato salad

Our appetizers were AMAZING! Everyone loved everything. Val actually ate every single fried shrimp on her plate. Hahaha There was lots of sharing and exclamations of how delicious the food was so far.

For entrees, we ended up ordering 6 burgers, Kevin got the pork chop and my Mom got the filet.

IMG_4577.jpg

One of the 6 burgers ordered

IMG_4575.jpg

Pork chop

IMG_4576.jpg

Filet

The entrees did not disappoint! Kevin raved about his pork chop and the burgers were outstanding! I am so glad now that I ordered the burger since they just announced that the burger isn’t on the new, all day menu! I’m so bummed about that because I loved that burger! Our lunch was sooooo good and we still had to order dessert. I knew that I wouldn’t eat much of my dessert so I decided to be adventurous and ordered the seasonal sorbet that was apple cider pumpkin flavor. Wes ordered the cheesecake, my Mom just got a sundae, my Dad and Val got the chocolate mousse, Tom got the crème brulee and Allyson got the chocolate pecan pie.

IMG_4584.jpg

Seasonal sorbet

IMG_4583.jpg

Cheesecake

IMG_4579.jpg

Chocolate mousse. This is just so cute every time! :D

IMG_4580.jpg

Crème brulee

IMG_4582.jpg

Pecan pie

My dessert was not good at all but luckily I shouldn’t have been eating it anyway since I was so full so I didn’t mind. :D Tom loved his crème brulee and he ended up eating the whole thing. The other desserts were also really good and my Mom said that Allyson’s pecan pie was her favorite!

Lunch at Le Cellier was delicious! Everyone was very pleased with our selection. I love Le Cellier but I really don’t think that it is worth 2 credits. I think the next time I will eat there will be when I am not on the dining plan.

After lunch, we decided to head back to the resort for a break. I was the most full I had ever been so far this trip so all I could do was take a nap. Hahaha When we got back to our room, I was really happy to see that our mousekeeper had left us some extra toiletries! Sweet!! :D

IMG_4587.jpg

We all took some quick naps and then went back to Epcot to use our Soarin FPs. Our trip was almost over and we hadn’t gotten a chance to go on it yet! Crazy! So we made our way through the International Gateway and walked up to Soarin to use our FPs.

IMG_4591.jpg

This was Kevin, Allyson, Val and Tom’s first time riding the attraction so I was really excited to see their reaction. While we waiting to board our flight over California, we explained what exactly we were about to do. I was really excited because we ended up sitting in section B and row 1! Woo hoo!

Watching everyone’s reactions to the attraction was hilarious! Kevin continued to laugh the entire time because he thought it was so cool. Each scene after the next, he just kept laughing and exclaiming how awesome everything was. During the part where the golf ball comes flying at you, Tom flinched really bad and thought it was really going to hit him. Soarin quickly became everyone’s favorite attraction! I knew we needed to make sure we could ride it again before our trip was over.

After Soarin, it was time for us to head over to Hollywood Studios to see the Osborne Lights! Yay! :D I was so excited to see these lights again and my family to see them for the first time. Since we were towards the front of the park, we took a bus to DHS.

IMG_4595.jpg

Can’t walk past SSE without a picture!

WishIWasAtWDW

Original Poster
We hopped on a bus and made it to DHS at 5:45. I knew the lights were supposed to turn on around 6pm so we hurried back to the Streets of America to make it in time to see them turn on. We walked back there and I didn’t realize that they would block off some of the entrances to the area. So we had to walk around to the entrances over by Muppet Vision 3D. There was another barricade up that they were just getting ready to close so I asked the cast member if we could enter there and he said we just made it. Phew!

We walked in and found a great spot in the middle of the street to watch the lights turn on. We weren’t too far from the giant light switch so we could see them turn on the lights. My Mom had been looking all week for these Christmas light necklaces that actually light up. We kept seeing people in the parks with them but we couldn’t find them on any of the carts we had passed in the other parks. Luckily, the carts on the Streets of America had them! My Mom bought 2 and Val bought 2 which made for a great photo opp before the lights turned on.

IMG_4598.jpg

Shortly after 6, it was time to turn on the lights! When they flipped the switch I literally squealed! :D It was absolutely BEAUTIFUL!

IMG_4599.jpg

IMG_4600.jpg

IMG_0664.jpg

IMG_4603.jpg

IMG_4608.jpg

I wanted to walk around and check out all the lights but my family didn’t seem that interested. After the lights turned on they asked if we needed to leave. I told them we had plenty of time to check out the lights before we had to leave for our dinner reservations at the California Grill. I couldn’t understand why they didn’t seem more excited about these awesome lights! So I said I was going to walk around and check out the lights and my Mom and Dad decided to go with me.

IMG_4610.jpg

They also posed with me for a PhotoPass picture.

41933540096.jpg

IMG_4612.jpg

Christmas trashcans for my collection of photos!

IMG_4614.jpg

IMG_4617.jpg

IMG_4618.jpg

IMG_4621.jpg

IMG_4622.jpg

IMG_4626.jpg

We went back to where we had originally been standing and everyone was still there. I was getting slightly annoyed because it didn’t seem like anyone was enjoying the lights. They asked me again about needing to leave for dinner. It seemed like they couldn’t wait to get out of there. All I wanted to do was hang out on the streets and take in the beauty of the lights and my family was slightly harshing my mellow. :(

I told everyone that I was going to go take some more pictures and this time Wes decided to go with me. I told him how I was getting really sad because everyone seemed like they wanted to leave and they asked me several times if we had to leave. Wes, being the sweet husband that he is, told me it was okay and that I should cheer myself up by taking some panoramic pictures on my iPhone. :D

IMG_0668.jpg

IMG_0669.jpg

Sooooo cool!

Before we left the Osborne Lights, I was able to get everyone to take a PhotoPass picture.

41933540100.jpg

41933540102.jpg

When the photographer asked us to pose like this we thought it was really awkward but it turned out pretty cute!

It was now really time for us to leave DHS and catch a bus to dinner. Everyone said they liked the lights but I just didn’t feel like they enjoyed them as much as I had wanted them to. Maybe I had built up their reactions too much but I was a little bummed. So we left DHS and made our way to the buses. The line for the bus to the Contemporary was crazy long! A bus finally arrived and the bus driver thought it would be a good idea to let a little kid operate the handicap ramp. It was nice that the driver was letting the kid press the buttons but the line was so long and the kid took forever! The line was flowing out of the rope partitions and the bus driver kept letting the kid press the buttons. It was driving all of us crazy! Luckily we made it on the bus but most of us had to stand.

We were also in luck because the Contemporary was the first stop. We got there right at 7:30, which was when our reservation was for the California Grill. I checked us in and let the hostess know that we had 8 people instead of 6. I told her that the extra 2 didn’t mind sitting at the bar, if they couldn’t sit with us, but the hostess said that we should all be able to sit together. We then waited for the elevator up to the 15th floor.

IMG_4627.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom