It's Christmas Time in Disney - A November Trip Report

Well it’s been a month since I returned from my trip and it’s about time I started writing my trip report! I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays! We have certainly had a busy holiday season. The craziness started with our annual 3-day celebration of Thanksgiving before we left for 5 nights at Walt Disney World. Upon returning home from our trip, it was Christmas party after Christmas party up until the actual day. Whew. I’m exhausted just remembering all of the events. :D So now that I am finally getting some free time again, let’s get going.

The Details

Who: Me (Ashley) and my husband (Wes)
IMG_3847.jpg

My Mom and Dad - My parents last trip was in 2009.
IMG_4081.jpg

My Aunt (Val) and Uncle (Tom) - Their last trip was in 2008 with their daughter-in-law and granddaughter. Apparently they never left Toontown so they were very happy to learn that it was no more. :p
IMG_3949.jpg

My cousin (Kevin) and his wife (Allyson) - This was their first trip to WDW since they were kids.
IMG_3914.jpg

Wes’ Mom and Dad - They are DVC members and have been going just about once a year since '91 so they take a much more relaxed approach to their trips.
41933540073.jpg

When: Sunday November 25th – Friday November 30th

Where: Disney’s Yacht Club Resort

A Little Background Info
This trip started off with only 6 of us going; my parents, aunt and uncle and me and Wes. One weekend at the beach, we were talking to my cousin and his wife about our trip and my aunt talked them into going on our trip. We were around the 81-day mark when we added an additional 2 to our party. We had made all of our reservations at 180 days out so now we were on a mission to try to add 2 more to each reservation. Tammy was able to work her magic and get half of our reservations switched from 6 to 8 and I booked some backups for Kevin and Allyson, just in case they couldn’t eat with us. Then around the 45-day mark, Wes’ parents decided that they were also going to WDW the same time we were. Oh boy. Our party had gone from 6 to 8 to 10! My head was exploding. Hahaha I told Wes there was no way I was changing reservations again. Luckily, Wes’ parents didn’t plan on spending the entire trip with us since they don’t go to the parks every day so they were only going to join us a couple days and for one meal. After many revisions, our plans were finalized and we were ready for our trip! :D

Sunday November 25th – Disney World Here We Come!
When we planned our trip, it slipped my mind that today would be one of the busiest travel days of the year; The Sunday after Thanksgiving. Oops. We were hoping for the best but we decided we better get to the airport with some extra time just in case.

Our flight was at 9am so the plan was to leave for the airport at 6:45am. We drove to my parent’s house to meet everybody, drop off the dog with the dog sitter, and left their house a little after 7 to head to the airport. My Dad and cousin dropped the rest of us off with all of the luggage and went to park the cars in long-term parking. We checked all of our bags at curbside check in and the baggage handler couldn’t have been better. He told us all we could wait inside, since it was so cold, and brought us our boarding passes. We made our way to security and the line was the longest I have ever seen it. We got in line and slowly made our way to through security.

The line moved quicker than we thought and by the time we were through, my Dad and Kevin were almost to the front of the line. We made it to the gate by 7:49. Not too shabby. The Southwest terminal at RDU is amazing. The security line was the longest I had ever seen it and still, from the time we left our house to the time we were at the gate was only about 49 minutes. Amazing.

Our flight was easy and uneventful. We landed about 10 minutes early and I was really excited to be ahead of schedule. Then we waited on the tarmac for an additional 15 minutes and ended up getting off the plane later than our original arrival time. Not so great. We made our way to Disney’s Magical Express and there were more complications. We all went through with our booklets and then Kevin and Allyson realized that their booklet didn’t have the same barcode as ours. The cast member told them they would have to wait in the line at the counter to get one. Ugh. The trip had barely started and I was already stressed. As Kevin and Allyson were waiting in line, they realized that they had a separate DME booklet with their barcode. So after only a 5-minute delay, they were joining us in line. I asked if they had another booklet but they didn’t think they did. I should have looked at all of their paperwork beforehand but I just assumed their barcode would be in the same spot as ours. After a few minor delays, we were on the bus on our way to the Yacht Club!

IMG_3700.jpg

Woo hoo!

With the way our morning was going, of course, the Yacht Club was the very last stop. Hahaha Isn’t that always how it is?! :) We arrived at 12:15, an hour after boarding DME. It had been a long, somewhat stressful morning but I was instantly relaxed once we entered the Yacht Club lobby! I had to pick up some MVMCP tickets for Wes’ parents and pick up Wes’ park ticket so I went to the concierge while everyone else went to check in.

I got the tickets with a minor wait and met everyone else at check in. We had requested adjoining rooms and were pleased to learn that we would get rooms right next to each other! Two of the rooms were ready, our room and Val and Tom’s. We were on the 2nd floor so we made our way to the elevators so everyone could drop off their luggage in our rooms. I was too busy with getting the tickets and checking in to take any pictures of the lobby but there would be many more later. Wes’ parents had arrived the day before so they went over to Beaches and Cream to put our name on the list for a table for 10. They were already there and waiting so after checking in, Wes went to join them while we dropped off our bags.

I was really excited because our room was really close to the elevators and later we realized that we were super close to the stairs in the lobby so waiting for elevators wasn’t necessary.

IMG_3705.jpg

My parents dropped off their bags in our room so I needed to wait until after their room was ready to take pictures of the room. There were just too many bags and people in the way to take pictures now. :) We were also in a hurry to get to lunch at Beaches and Cream! We went next door to Val and Tom’s room to gather everyone for lunch. Wes and I had bought a little gift to give Tom for our trip. When we first started talking about this trip and staying at the Yacht Club, Wes and I decided that we should start calling Tom the Captain. The idea initially started from the How I Met Your Mother episode with the Captain. Now Tom doesn’t remind us of the Captain on the show but we just thought it would be funny for him to wear a Captain’s hat at the Yacht Club.

IMG_3704.jpg

Tom really enjoyed his hat!

Wes texted me to let me know that our table at Beaches and Cream was ready so we all made our way to the restaurant.

IMG_3728.jpg

IMG_0603.jpg

Instagram love.

IMG_3709.jpg

We were initially all seated around 2 of the round tables in the middle of the restaurant. Now, remember, there were 10 of us seated around those 2 small tables. As soon as our drinks were delivered it confirmed that there was no way that food for 10 people would fit on the table. We asked if we could pull up another round table but they said it was in another section so we couldn’t. Luckily there was a booth open that they said we could use so 4 of us moved there so we could eat our lunch without being so cramped.

IMG_3710.jpg

We were on the Deluxe Dining Plan for this trip so there are a lot of food pictures for this trip report! :D We ordered appetizers and I was so upset because my Dad, Tom and Kevin didn’t order appetizers! :eek: How can you not order an appetizer when you are on the DDP?! Hahaha I let it slide since it was just the first meal of the trip but I still didn’t like it. My Mom, Val and I ordered onion rings, and Wes and Allyson ordered Caesar salads. Unfortunately since Allyson was sitting at the other table, I wasn’t able to get a picture of her salad before she started eating it and Wes gave his salad to his Mom so I didn’t get a picture of it either.

IMG_3711.jpg

Mmmm delicious!
IMG_3712.jpg

My Mom made a Mickey out of onion rings.

Raven66

Can't wait to read more and see more pictures. Families can be trying. my family likes to dance on my last nerve whenever possible.:D

WishIWasAtWDW

Original Poster
Great TR so far!

Thanks, LizC! Glad you are enjoying it.

Awesome Ashley!!! What a gorgeous family!!!!

Thanks so much DisneyDebNJ!

Your YC dinner looked soooooooooooooo Yummy! Now I'm wishing we'd had a chance to have dinner there when we stayed. It smelled so good when we walked by. That cheese plate looks AWESOME! Can't wait to read more!

The Yachtsman dinner was really good but it wasn't the best of our trip. More on that to come on that soon. ;) And more report coming momentarily.

Great TR thus far! Can't imagine traveling with that large a group! Going from just my Hubs and I to Hubs + I + baby (whose name is Wes too :) ) was a challenge, haha. We were at WDW about two weeks after you - re-living my trip through your photos. Thank you for completing another report - always love following along!

Thanks cfry06! I haven't traveled with that large a group since I was a kid and my Mom was in charge so I wasn't as prepared for the being the leader thing. You picked a very good name! I can only imagine that adding a baby to a WDW trip would add a whole new level of stress but it must be really fun too to see Disney through a child's eyes. I'm excited for that aspect of it not so much the temper tantrums and meltdowns, from both parent and child. :D You are very welcome! Glad you are liking it.

I'm in for the Milky Way Sundae alone. :) Love me some Milky Ways!!

Great report!!

I LOVE Milky Ways! Mmm they are so good. I didn't eat much of my sundae but I did eat the Milky Way that came with it. Hahaha I saved room for that. Thanks for reading!

Ahhh...my dear friend we meet again...you were sooo delicious.

....This pic stopped me in my tracks. We had one of our best meals of all time at YS and this (and a cup of their ridiculous coffee blend) capped off that awesome meal.
My wife had to literally stop me from licking my plate...

ANYWAY................. Great TR.....Thanks for posting - You've got my attention and I'm following along :) .

Hahaha I remember everyone liking their desserts but no one licked their plate. :D I wish our meal there was better. I have had really good meals there in the past but I think the slow service really put a damper on the meal. Thanks for reading! More coming soon.

WishIWasAtWDW

Original Poster
Can't wait to read more and see more pictures. Families can be trying. my family likes to dance on my last nerve whenever possible.:D

Yea. We love them but they know how to push our buttons without even trying, don't they?! Hahaha Gotta love em. :)

I can't wait to read more :)

Thanks for reading KayFeb!

Great trip report! The Yacht Club is definitely on the top of my list now!! Beautiful pictures!

Thanks! The Yacht Club is a really great resort. I think that I may love the Boardwalk a little more but the Yacht Club comes in a close second for favorite Epcot resort.

Loving your TR! Yachtsman looks delicious.. but WOW was that a long meal!

Thanks Liz! The Yachtsman Steakhouse was really good but yea, almost 3 hours for a meal is just soooo long. I know we had 3 courses but other restaurants we went to we also had 3 courses and none of them took even remotely close to 3 hours.

WishIWasAtWDW

Original Poster
Monday November 26th - Hollywood Studios, Magic Kingdom and Two Amazing Meals!

Sorry for the slight delay. Photobucket changed their website design and I have been trying to adjust to their new changes. :)

Today we woke up a little before 7 and got ready. Since they were refurbishing Hurricane Hanna’s we were told at check in that we had to go to the Beach Club Marketplace to refill our mugs. We found out later in the week that there was actually a place in the Yacht Club lobby where we could refill our mugs. Go figure. I thought it was strange that there wasn’t anywhere for us to refill our mugs but I listened to the cast members.

So on this morning, we made the trek to the Beach Club Marketplace. It was chilly this morning and the pool looked really cool with steam rising.

IMG_3829.jpg

IMG_3830.jpg

Once we got to the Beach Club Martketplace, we saw Kevin and Allyson getting some breakfast. We refilled our mugs and I grabbed a croissant. I can never resist Disney’s croissants! They are just so good. On our way out of the shop, we saw my Dad on his way to refill my parents’ mugs and then a couple minutes later we saw Val and Tom. We made our way back to the Yacht Club and had a little time to kill before we needed to meet at our spot so I took this opportunity to take some more pictures of the lobby.

IMG_3834.jpg

IMG_3835.jpg

IMG_3836.jpg

IMG_3837.jpg

It was close to 8 so we all gathered at our spot. Kevin and Allyson weren’t there yet so I went to their room to check in. They were almost ready so I took a moment to look at the view from their room. When we booked their room, they didn’t have any standard rooms left so Kevin and Allyson got a lagoon or pool view room so I was excited to see what their view looked like.

IMG_3838.jpg

IMG_3839.jpg

It’s the wedding gazebo!

They really did have a nice view from their room. Although, we were barely in our room so the view didn’t really matter but it was nice. :) We were all ready to go so we made our way out to catch the ferry to Hollywood Studios. As usual, I killed time by taking pictures.

IMG_3840.jpg

IMG_3841.jpg

IMG_3842.jpg

IMG_3844.jpg

The ferry arrived and we were on our way to Hollywood Studios!

IMG_3846.jpg

IMG_3847.jpg

IMG_0607.jpg

We got to DHS a little later than I had hoped. We got there around 8:40 and there was a huge line at the bag check. By the time we got up to the turnstiles, they were already letting people in. I really like that they let people in before the official park opening time but it stinks if you get there later than you planned. We ended up getting through the gates at 8:52. The plan was for me and Wes to take everyone’s park tickets and go get Fastpasses for TSMM and then for all of us to ride standby. So Wes and I grabbed everyone’s tickets and were off. There was no time for pictures. We got everyone’s FPs and by the time we were done, everyone else had met up with us. We all got in line to ride our first attraction of the day.

IMG_3848.jpg

IMG_3850.jpg

IMG_3853.jpg

I think I have 100 pictures that look just like this. I know I took at least 5 on this trip alone.

IMG_3854.jpg

WishIWasAtWDW

Original Poster
IMG_3855.jpg

IMG_3856.jpg

Kevin is on the left and Tom is on the right. Don’t worry…I took this during the practice round. :D No points lost here.

It was a great game! As usual, I was demolishing Wes in the early rounds and then during the green alien round Wes almost doubled my score for that round. Every time! It was time for our final scores…

IMG_3857.jpg

Wes was victorious yet again!

IMG_3858.jpg

And he was the best in the vehicle

IMG_3859.jpg

Everyone loved the ride! My parents had ridden it numerous times on our 2009 trip so they knew how fun it was but Val and Tom and Kevin and Allyson had never been on it before. We all compared scores and everyone was shocked at how Wes and I scored. I had to remind them that we have probably ridden TSMM approx. 10 times just this year so we had a lot of practice. :D

Next stop was Rock n’ Roller Coaster and the Tower of Terror. I checked my Lines app and saw that RnR was closed and ToT only had a 20 minute wait. So we decided to make our way to ToT. On the way we needed to stop for a bio break. The family kept joking asking me when our scheduled bio breaks would be since there weren’t any listed on our itinerary. Hahaha I let them know that they could take a bio break whenever it was needed. Just let me know and I would point them to the nearest facility. :D

While I waited for everyone to relieve themselves, I realized that I had forgotten to take some very important pictures. What pictures were those? Me popping out behind things, of course! If you read my Princess Half Marathon Trip Report, you would know that I started a photo series of myself and Wes popping out behind different objects. It started with the gorilla in Rafiki’s Planet Watch and it has become a really fun task to find new things to pop out from. I had totally forgotten about taking these pictures the day before so we had some work to do.

IMG_3861.jpg

Well, hello. :D

Everyone returned from the facilities and we made our way to the Tower of Terror.

IMG_0611.jpg

Instagram Tower of Terror

By the time we got to the ToT, the posted wait time was 40 minutes. I checked my Lines app and it looked like the expected wait time was only 20 minutes so I figured we should get in line.

IMG_3866.jpg

IMG_3867.jpg

We made our way through the outdoor queue and we made it past the dried out fountain when they made an announcement that one side of the elevators was no longer working so our wait time was expected to double. We had already been waiting for 18 minutes at this point and we weren’t even inside yet. Everyone asked me what we should do so I decided that we should try to come back later. So we exited the standby line and walked back down the FP side of the line to get out. RnR was still closed so I wasn’t sure what we should do next. We couldn’t get a FP yet since we had FPs for TSMM so I decided that we should try the Great Movie Ride. We walked back up Sunset Boulevard and stopped for some PhotoPass photos.

41933540027.jpg

It was funny taking this picture since we didn’t actually ride Tower of Terror yet.

We got the GMR where the wait was about 20 minutes. It seemed like every attraction was suffering higher wait times because RnR was down and ToT was only operating at half capacity. So we waited and went on a spectacular journey into the movies.

IMG_3870.jpg

Hooray for Hollywood

IMG_3873.jpg

“I'm John Wayne at the first Thanksgiving, pilgrims. Happy Thanksgiving pilgrims” (Family Guy anyone? :D) I can’t see John Wayne now without hearing Peter’s voice.

While in line for the GMR, I realized that by the time we got off the attraction, we could use our TSMM FPs and we could get a FP for ToT or RnR, if it was open. I knew that if we waited to go get a FP for ToT after we used our TSMM ones, we wouldn’t make it to our reservation at the Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater in time. So Wes offered to skip TSMM and go get us all FPs. What a wonderful husband! :D So after the GMR, we all handed Wes our park tickets and made our way back to TSMM.

IMG_3882.jpg

That sure looks familiar :D

WishIWasAtWDW

Original Poster
Since we now had 7, one of us had to ride alone. My Dad offered, even though I said I didn’t mind, so I sat with my Mom.

IMG_3883.jpg

IMG_3884.jpg

Woo hoo! That’s me!

IMG_3885.jpg

IMG_0706.jpg

After another great game on TSMM, we made our way to the Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater to meet Wes and eat some lunch.

IMG_3886.jpg

So excited for this movie!!!!

IMG_3887.jpg

IMG_3888.jpg

Wes checked in for lunch a little after 11am and our reservations were at 11:35. We grabbed a seat and took a look at the menu to pass the time.

IMG_3889.jpg

IMG_3891.jpg

Val couldn’t understand why we weren’t seated so I had to keep reminding her that it wasn’t our reservation time yet. She didn’t know why we got there so early. This was a reservation that we had for only 6 people so I knew that we needed to get there early to try to see if they could seat all 8 of us. Luckily, when Wes checked in they said that they could seat all 8 of us so I was very happy.

We were seated a few minutes after our reservation time. Unfortunately, we had to split up our party since the cars only seat 6, so Val and Tom sat in the backseat of the car next to us.

IMG_3893.jpg

IMG_0613.jpg

Instagram Sci-Fi

IMG_3895.jpg

IMG_3898.jpg

IMG_3899.jpg

We ordered a wide variety of appetizers. I ordered the spinach and artichoke dip, Wes and Kevin got the wings, my Mom and Val got the onion rings, Allyson got the fried pickles and my Dad and Tom got the buffalo popcorn chicken. There were also several milkshakes chosen as drinks.

IMG_3897.jpg

IMG_3900.jpg

Wings

IMG_3901.jpg

Spinach dip

IMG_3902.jpg

Fried pickles

IMG_3903.jpg

Under the celery is buffalo popcorn chicken

IMG_3904.jpg

Onion rings

Our appetizers were delicious. Kevin loves wings and he thought these were outstanding. There was a lot of sharing of appetizers and I can personally say that everything tasted really great! I know that Sci-Fi gets a bad rap for food, and I was unimpressed at a few previous meals, but so far this meal was really great. I hoped that everyone would be as pleased with their entrees.

WishIWasAtWDW

Original Poster
For entrees, Wes, Kevin and I ordered the burger, my Mom ordered the shrimp pasta, my Dad ordered the Reuben, Val ordered the salmon BLT, and Tom and Allyson ordered the turkey sandwich.

IMG_3905.jpg

Burger

IMG_3906.jpg

Salmon BLT

IMG_3907.jpg

Turkey sandwich

IMG_3908.jpg

Shrimp pasta

IMG_3909.jpg

Reuben

IMG_3910.jpg

Another burger

The entrees did not disappoint. My Mom was worried about trying the shrimp pasta so I told her she could have some of my burger if she didn’t like her pasta but she ended up loving it. I plan on ordering that shrimp pasta the next time we eat there! It was really good. Everyone else was equally pleased with their meal.

It was now time for desserts! We ordered an apple crumble, peanut butter chocolate cake, milk shakes, cheesecake, hot fudge sundae and fruit. Yes…Allyson ordered fruit. Hahaha

IMG_3911.jpg

Apple crumble

IMG_3912.jpg

Peanut butter chocolate cake

IMG_3913.jpg

Allyson’s fruit

IMG_3914.jpg

Love this picture

I wasn’t able to get a picture of Val’s hot fudge sundae since they were at a different table and she started eating before I got to her. :D Lunch was really good. Kevin predicted that this lunch would be the best of the trip. (You will have to wait and see if that stayed true) I was so glad that Sci-Fi was really great on this trip. I love this restaurant so I am always sad to hear negative reviews. It was nice that the restaurant lived up to its potential on this visit.

After lunch, we didn’t want to go straight to RnR or ToT, so we decided on Star Tours. The wait was only 10 minutes, so we basically walked onto the ride.

IMG_3917.jpg

Smile!

Next up was RnR which was finally open! Woo hoo! The wait time was posted as 30 minutes but we had to wait 30 minutes until we could use our ToT FPs so we didn’t mind waiting. The wait ended up being 37 minutes but it wasn’t so bad.

IMG_3921.jpg

You’re up next Tower!

Rock n’ Roller Coaster ended up being everyone (except my Mom’s) favorite attraction so far. Tom liked it but he said he would never go on it again. Hahaha He was a real trooper going on the more intense rides.

I was really looking forward to being able to get the on-ride photos with our PhotoPass+ and our RnR pictures did not disappoint! I LOVE these pictures!

41933540029.jpg

41933540030.jpg

It was then time to use our ToT FPs. We actually ended up being close to the end of the time frame so it was good that we didn’t wait any longer for RnR or we may have missed ToT.

IMG_3924.jpg

IMG_3927.jpg

The Tower of Terror picture is also pretty funny.

41933540031.jpg

It was time for us to leave Hollywood Studios. I had originally planned for us to leave at 2 so we would have a decent break during the day but we ended up heading out of the park at 3. It was ok though since we were able to see a lot of attractions.

On the way out of the park, my Mom wanted to stop to get a drink so we stopped near the park entrance.

IMG_3929.jpg

IMG_3930.jpg

IMG_3931.jpg

Here I am!

WishIWasAtWDW

Original Poster
Once my Mom got her drink, we exited the park to head back to the Yacht Club for a little R & R.

IMG_3932.jpg

Such a cute tree. The Santa ornaments are my fav.

IMG_3933.jpg

Once we got back to the Yacht Club, my Mom and I decided to go sit on the beach and take a quick nap. So we grabbed our mugs and walked to the Beach Club Marketplace to refill them before we went to the beach. After we got our drinks, we decided to stop and count the Hidden Mickeys on the chocolate and gingerbread carousel.

IMG_3935.jpg

IMG_3936.jpg

IMG_3937.jpg

IMG_3938.jpg

IMG_3939.jpg

IMG_3940.jpg

While we were counting Hidden Mickeys, Val met us in the lobby on her way to get a refill in her mug. We asked her if she wanted to go to the beach with us and she said yes so we waited a couple minutes for her and I took some pictures of the Beach Club Christmas tree before we found a spot on the beach.

IMG_3941.jpg

IMG_3942.jpg

IMG_3943.jpg

IMG_3944.jpg

We found a spot on the beach right near the entrance to the water slide. We didn’t realize that kids would be running back and forth to go on the water slide so it ended up being a little loud but Val and my Mom took quick naps while I took notes about what we had done so far.

We had about 15 minutes before we needed to leave for dinner so we went back up to our rooms to change. Dinner tonight was at Narcoossee’s and our reservation was only for 6 people. Our reservations weren’t until 6:10 but I knew that if we wanted to all be seated together, that we would need to get there once the restaurant opened. I decided to try to call Narcoossee’s right before we left just to see if I could talk to anyone but since they weren’t open yet, no one answered the phone, however, the recording verified that they only sat large parties during their first seating. So we all met in our usual spot and were off to the buses.

We got to the bus stop at 4:49 and Val was worried that using Disney’s transportation would take too long. I told her that we would be fine but she kept asking if we should take a cab. Cabs were waiting right across from the Yacht Club bus stop so Tom went over to ask the cab driver what the cost would be. Unfortunately, the van would only fit 7 people so if we all wanted to take a cab we would have to take two. Everyone was throwing around the cab idea but I had to keep reminding them that we had only been waiting for a bus for 3 minutes. I said if we were still here after 10 minutes, then we could take a cab. Luckily, only after waiting at the bus stop for 5 minutes, a bus to the Magic Kingdom arrived. I had to laugh with Wes at the fact that the family thought waiting for 5 minutes for a bus was a long time.

We were on our way to the Magic Kingdom and we arrived at 5:20. We were going to take a ferry to the Grand Floridian and luck was on our side because a ferry boat was just pulling up to the dock when we got there.

IMG_3948.jpg

IMG_3949.jpg

IMG_3950.jpg

IMG_3952.jpg

Really want to stay at the Contemporary again

We got to the Grand Floridian at 5:32 so Narcoossee’s had just opened. Perfect timing! :D I went to check us in and when I explained that we now had 8 instead of 6, they said they were expecting us and had a table ready! Woo hoo! Thank you Tammy for leaving a message! :D The host told us to give them just a few minutes so I let everyone know and then I took a bio break. That might be a little TMI but it’s so you can see the cute label on the lady’s restroom at Narcoossee’s.

IMG_3954.jpg

So cute

When I got out of the bathroom, they were taking us to our table. We had a nice table on the lower level of the restaurant against the windows. We were right next to the emergency exit door and had a nice view of the castle. It was really pretty once the castle dream lights turned on.

IMG_3959.jpg

We ordered drinks and I decided to get a Mojito! I also got a Diet Coke and water. Hahaha I like my drinks.

IMG_3960.jpg

IMG_3961.jpg

The Mojito was very yummy.

WishIWasAtWDW

Original Poster
For appetizers we ordered crab cakes, artisanal cheeses, calamari, oysters and an apple salad.

IMG_3962.jpg

Apple salad

IMG_3963.jpg

Calamari

IMG_3964.jpg

Cheeses

IMG_3965.jpg

Crab cakes

IMG_3966.jpg

Oysters

Our appetizers were really good! The calamari, cheese plate and crab cakes were all so tasty! I got the crab cakes and split them with my Mom so I could get some of her calamari. My Dad and Tom really enjoyed the oysters. Allyson said the apple salad was good but she didn’t give it great marks. Overall, we were off to an outstanding meal.

For entrees, 3 of us got lobster, 3 of us got the filet and lobster, Wes got the chicken breast and Allyson got the ahi tuna.

IMG_3968.jpg

Chicken breast

IMG_3969.jpg

Lobster

IMG_3970.jpg

Ahi tuna

IMG_3971.jpg

Filet and lobster

Our entrees confirmed that Narcoossee’s was our new favorite restaurant! AMAZING! I got the lobster and it was good. I mean…its lobster so it should be good but I didn’t think it was great. Kevin, my Mom and Val got the filet and lobster and kept raving about it so those of us who didn’t get it needed to try some. Oh. My. God. AH-MA-ZING! I was kicking myself for not getting that filet. It was outstanding! Wes still thinks that the filet at Jiko is better but I’m not sure. Next trip we are going to eat at Narcoossee’s and Jiko back to back so we can compare. :D

Our dinner so far was amazing and we still had desserts to order! I ordered the carrot cake, Wes and my Dad ordered the cheesecake, Allyson and Tom ordered the crème brulee and my Mom, Kevin and Val ordered the chocolate mousse.

IMG_3974.jpg

Carrot cake

IMG_3976.jpg

Cheesecake

IMG_3975.jpg

Crème brulee

IMG_3973.jpg

Chocolate mousse

My carrot cake was fantastic! I am seriously running out of adjectives for how awesome our meal was. My Mom wasn’t too crazy about her dessert but she loved my carrot cake. The cheesecake and crème brulee were also wonderful.

We finished our wonderful meal and paid the check. Our server, Rita, was also outstanding. I hadn’t been to Narcoossee’s since 2009 and I didn’t remember it as being so good but it is now back on my must do list, for sure!

We were having a night of perfect timing. We were done with our meal at 7:55, just in time for Wishes. We went outside to get a viewing spot on the restaurant’s balcony.

IMG_3978.jpg

Watching Wishes from Narcoossee’s was another great bonus of this restaurant. The pipe in the music and it’s just a really neat view.

IMG_3984.jpg

IMG_3991.jpg

After Wishes, we went into the Grand Floridian lobby to take the monorail to the Magic Kingdom. There were extra magic hours tonight so we wanted to take advantage of them.

IMG_3992.jpg

I love the Grand Floridian’s lobby at Christmas time!

IMG_3993.jpg

IMG_3994.jpg

IMG_3995.jpg

WishIWasAtWDW

Original Poster
We made it to the Magic Kingdom around 8:30 and were like salmon swimming up stream. The crowds leaving the MK were crazy! I knew they would be but I hoped we would miss a little bit of it. So I led the way and kept up a fast pace and raised my hand in the air every once in awhile to make sure that I hadn’t lost my group. I knew we had to get out of the Main Street mess so once we were to the Hub, I stopped so we could regroup. Here are a few pictures I was able to take along the way.

IMG_3996.jpg

IMG_3999.jpg

Since we were on the left side of the Hub, I decided we should start at Pirates. Luckily there was no wait so we walked right on the ride. I had to remind everyone in our party to keep their room keys out on each attraction tonight since it was EMH but they all did well after the first couple of rides.

IMG_4002.jpg

After PotC, it was on to BTMRR which had a posted 20 minute wait but actually only took 13. I told everyone how BTMRR was cool at night because the miners were in the bar and you could hear and see them, when during the day you couldn’t. Of course afterwards, Tom was like “Oh, yea…real easy to see the miners when we were flying around on that thing”. He was a real trooper with the more intense rides. :D Then it was on to the Haunted Mansion which had a posted 10 minute wait that really only took 4 minutes. Timing our waits with my Lines app was really fun for me!

Since we were making our way around the MK, next up was Fantasyland. Tom’s favorite ride is It’s a Small World (seriously…it really is) so that was next on the agenda. As soon as we were about to enter the queue my Dad said he wasn’t going on and then Wes and Kevin both also said they were going to sit out. I didn’t mind that Wes and my Dad sat out but I was kind of sad that Kevin didn’t go. I think he would have gone on it if the other guys went too. But oh well. The ladies and Tom enjoyed ourselves! :D

IMG_4008.jpg

The new queue setup surprised me. I forgot that it changed.

IMG_4021.jpg

IMG_0615.jpg

IMG_4026.jpg

IMG_0620.jpg

After IASW, we decided to go on a more intense ride that everyone might enjoy so we made our way to Tomorrowland to ride Space Mountain.

IMG_4029.jpg

My Mom is not a fan of Space Mountain so she decided to sit out. The rest of us entered the queue, which had a 20-minute wait posted and ended up being only 10 minutes. Sweet. The on ride pictures weren’t so great since no one knew where the camera was (except me) so I made sure to let everyone know the next night.

41933540032.jpg

41933540033.jpg

Kevin and Allyson rode with a little kid so I decided not to show their picture. Since we don’t know the kid and I don’t want to plaster his face all over the internet. You’re welcome kid’s family. Hahaha

Next up was Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin. I’m not a huge fan of this ride since it pales in comparison to TSMM but there was no wait so what the heck. And we got some mildly entertaining photos out of it.

41933540035.jpg

41933540036.jpg

41933540037.jpg

41933540038.jpg

It was pretty close to 11 so we started making our way to Main Street. I wanted to get some PhotoPass pictures in front of the castle. Kevin and Allyson weren’t going to join us tomorrow night for Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party so we needed to get some group shots tonight with the dream lights on. We stopped at the PhotoPass guy right over the bridge to Tomorrowland.

IMG_4035.jpg

There was a family in front of us getting their picture taken and they were taking forever. It was a couple and their parents. First the couple went, then they got a group shot and then the parents, who were grandparents, went. It wasn’t so terrible that they took 3 different shots but then the lady started directing the photographer and telling him that he should take a picture horizontal instead of vertical. The photographer had to explain that the castle wouldn’t fit in the background if he did that. Meanwhile, Val and Allyson noticed that the couple’s child was starting to fall out of their stroller that was parked near by. They said to the couple “Who’s baby is this? He’s falling out of the stroller” in a somewhat calm voice and the couple said “Oh he’s fine”. Then the child started to completely come out of the stroller and Val was almost screaming “YOUR BABY IS FALLING OUT OF THE STROLLER” when a kid, probably around 11 emerged from under the blanket covering the stroller. Hahaha It was quite hilarious. We all got a good laugh at the fact that Val and Allyson thought the kid was a baby. My Dad said “Didn’t you see the kids hand? There was no way that was a baby”. Every time we saw older kids in strollers the rest of the trip, we got a really good laugh.

It was finally time for our pictures and we decided to take one group shot and then one of Kevin and Allyson, since they weren’t going to be there tomorrow night to get a shot of just the two of them.

41933540039.jpg

41933540043.jpg

IMG_4037.jpg

IMG_4038.jpg

WishIWasAtWDW

Original Poster
We decided to get another shot in front of the castle so we stopped at a photographer right in front of the castle. As soon as we got in our spot, the photographer took our picture. She gave us no time to even smile. After she took the picture I was laughing and said “Oh, I wasn’t ready for that one. I think my eyes were closed”. The photographer then said in a not so magical tone “Ok. Let me take another one then”. I was a little shocked by her tone since I was laughing and smiling during my comment but she was not smiling with her comment. She must have been cranky since it was almost park closing so I didn’t let it bother me. The picture she snapped before we were ready, actually turned out to be a pretty funny picture.

41933540047.jpg

My eyes weren’t closed but we certainly weren’t ready :D

41933540048.jpg

The second try was a little better

After we got our picture taken, we continued to make our way out of the park. I wanted to soak in every minute of our park time so I walked extremely slowly.

IMG_4039.jpg

IMG_0623.jpg

IMG_4042.jpg

Hello!

IMG_4044.jpg

Goodbye Magic Kingdom! We would see you tomorrow!

We heard the Goodnight Kiss on our way out and left the park a little after 11. When we got to the bus stop there was a Yacht Club bus waiting so we were hoping that we would make it on the bus but we were cut off right before boarding the bus. Darn. It was okay though because we would have had to stand and now we got a seat on the next bus. We got back to the YC at 11:38 and were very tired. We were in bed by 12:30.

Up next: Chef Mickey’s, Christmas Decorations and Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party

WishIWasAtWDW

Original Poster
Tuesday November 27th – Chef Mickey’s, Christmas Decorations and Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party

This morning we weren’t going to any parks since we were going to Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party tonight so we got to sleep in a little bit. I slept in until 7:15. Woo hoo! :D Hahaha I woke up and got ready and then walked down to the Beach Club Marketplace to refill my mug.

IMG_4050.jpg

IMG_4051.jpg

IMG_4052.jpg

Cute carpet

We were meeting the group at our usual spot at 8:45 to go to breakfast at Chef Mickey’s.

IMG_4053.jpg

We only had to wait for 5 minutes for a bus to the Magic Kingdom. After it picked up at the Yacht Club, we stopped at the Beach Club and the crowd waiting for a MK bus was crazy long. The bus was jam packed after we left the Beach Club. We were very happy that the YC was picked up first so we could get seats. :D

We arrived at the Magic Kingdom at 9:20 and made the short walk to the Contemporary.

IMG_4054.jpg

We’re coming Chef Mickey!

IMG_4055.jpg

Good Morning Space Mountain

IMG_4056.jpg

For my trash can photo collection :D

IMG_4057.jpg

IMG_4058.jpg

We got to the Contemporary and I went to check us in. Our reservations were at 9:45 and it was only for 6 people. So when I checked in, I was very relieved when they said that they could seat all 8 of us. I got our pager and joined the group in the seating area outside the restaurant, since the restaurant seating area was a little too crazy.

IMG_4059.jpg

IMG_4060.jpg

IMG_4061.jpg

IMG_4064.jpg

IMG_4065.jpg

Since we had the PhotoPass+, I wanted to get our picture taken in front of the Chef Mickey statue. So instead of all 8 of us waiting in line, I went up to get in line and flagged everyone down right before it was our turn.

While waiting in line I got a little bit of entertainment from the family in front of me. The family had a little girl who was probably 4 or 5 and then a son around 7. The girl was sitting on the back of the couch next to the line, and when she stood up her brother took her seat. So of course, the girl started crying and hitting and kicking her brother for taking her seat. The parents were trying to get her under control but she kept crying. This all happened when they were next in line for the picture. The mom kept saying how important the picture was to her and the girl kept crying and saying “I don’t want to take a picture.” The cast member who was helping the photographer was watching this meltdown and came over to let the parents know that they could take their picture at any time and didn’t have to take it now. The dad said “no we’re fine taking it now.” It was now their turn to take their picture and the little girl immediately stopped crying and had the cutest little pose and smile in their picture. Hahaha The whole scene was pretty crazy but at least it kept me entertained while I waited in line.

We got our picture taken and right shortly after our buzzer went off and we were seated! It was about 20 minutes after our reservation time but luckily we were in no rush this morning. We had a great table in a back corner of the restaurant that gave us a view of the Magic Kingdom!

IMG_4066.jpg

The windows needed cleaning but there she is! Cinderella Castle

Our waitress came over and told us the drill. She was really funny and an amazing waitress. She kept our drinks refilled and made jokes about the characters. The characters would be coming by our table in just a little bit so we all made our way to the buffet. Since it was a buffet, I only took a couple pictures of the food.

IMG_4067.jpg

My plate

IMG_4068.jpg

My Mom’s plate

IMG_4069.jpg

Wes’ plate

The food was all really good. Everyone kept raving about the Mickey waffles! I think my Mom ended up eating 5 of them. Hahaha While we wait, some characters stopped by for some fun interactions.

First up was the Chef himself, Mickey!

IMG_4070.jpg

No one wanted to get in the picture with Allyson so I volunteered. :)

IMG_4071.jpg

Kevin decided to be a good husband and get a picture with his wife and Mickey

WishIWasAtWDW

Original Poster
Next up was Donald. Our waitress told us that Donald has self esteem issues since its Chef Mickey’s restaurant so we all had to clap and cheer when he entered our area.

IMG_4072.jpg

Donald decided that Tom needed to be in the picture

IMG_4073.jpg

IMG_4074.jpg

Val wasn’t able to avoid a picture either :D

It was now time for us to wave our napkins. My Mom and Val love this! I was happy that everyone was getting into it.

IMG_4076.jpg

At this point Kevin and Tom decided to go up for seconds just as Minnie was approaching our table. Minnie made the rounds at our table so everyone would get a picture with her.

IMG_4080.jpg

IMG_4081.jpg

IMG_0625.jpg

Minnie had moved on to other tables when Tom and Kevin returned and then she surprised all of us and came back to our table. She didn’t want them to miss out on a picture with her!

IMG_4084.jpg

IMG_4085.jpg

IMG_4086.jpg

Pluto was next and only Tom and Kevin got their picture with him.

IMG_4087.jpg

Pluto was a little playful this morning

IMG_4088.jpg

Before Goofy came by, I decided to get a second plate of food.

IMG_4090.jpg

Mmmm I love has brown patties. So simple and yet so delicious.

At this point, Wes had to leave breakfast to go meet his Dad for a round of golf at Oak Trail. So Wes left and we continued our meal. Goofy was the last character to stop at our table and he was the BEST! First, he covered Tom’s eyes…

IMG_4092.jpg

And then when he saw that there was an empty seat next to me, he came and sat down in Wes’ spot. He then did the old yawn and reach move to put his arm around me. Hahaha

IMG_4093.jpg

It was a great interaction! And then to top it off, he pointed to my Mom and made the “call me” sign with his hand. Hahaha Goofy was the last character and he made a lasting impression on our group!

We finished breakfast at 11 and started our tour of the Magic Kingdom resorts. My Dad and Tom didn’t want to join us for the tour of Christmas decorations so they decided to take a cab back to the Yacht Club. Apparently, they don’t wait for buses. So spoiled. :D So the remaining group started our tour in the Contemporary.

IMG_4095.jpg

I just love this wreath

I find that the Contemporary is lacking a little bit in the Christmas decorations department. The gingerbread tree is pretty cool but it’s not great. I took pictures of it anyway.

IMG_4096.jpg

IMG_4097.jpg

IMG_4098.jpg

WishIWasAtWDW

Original Poster
And since we were in the area, we had to take a look around the gift shops. :D

IMG_4099.jpg

Wish I didn’t mind spending that much money on a purse

IMG_4100.jpg

Super cute luggage tags

We finished our tour of the Contemporary and hopped on the monorail to the Polynesian. A trip to WDW doesn’t feel complete until I take a ride on the monorail!

IMG_4102.jpg

Great trash can addition to my photo series!

IMG_4103.jpg

IMG_4104.jpg

We started in the gift shop to look for some merchandise for Val’s granddaughters.

IMG_4107.jpg

These dolls are adorable!

IMG_4108.jpg

I really like these shirts. Maybe a youth XL will fit me…:p

IMG_4112.jpg

IMG_4109.jpg

Notice anything strange about this doll? It has an extra head! Crazy.

We made our way downstairs and Allyson pointed out a great photo op for one of my “popping out from behind things photo series.” It was so great that I had people in our group now participating in this!

IMG_4113.jpg

Good idea Allyson!

We toured the gift shops downstairs, took a quick look around outside at the pool and then hopped on the monorail to the Grand Floridian to complete our monorail loop.

IMG_4116.jpg

IMG_4117.jpg

IMG_4119.jpg

IMG_4122.jpg

IMG_4125.jpg

Kevin and Allyson didn’t want to go with us to the Wilderness Lodge so they decided to head back to the Yacht Club. So we said goodbye and made our ways downstairs to check out the gingerbread house.

IMG_4127.jpg

IMG_0626.jpg

IMG_0628.jpg

We walked around a little bit and then went to take the monorail back to the Magic Kingdom so we could take a ferry to the Wilderness Lodge. There was a really long line for the monorail and we actually saw Kevin and Allyson at the front of it. We ended up riding in the same car and then they took a bus to the YC while we caught a ferry.

IMG_4129.jpg

IMG_4130.jpg

It was a gorgeous day!

WishIWasAtWDW

Original Poster
IMG_4131.jpg

IMG_4132.jpg

We arrived at the Wilderness Lodge, one of my favorite resorts!

IMG_4133.jpg

IMG_4134.jpg

IMG_4136.jpg

Beautiful!

IMG_4137.jpg

IMG_4138.jpg

IMG_4140.jpg

IMG_0630.jpg

IMG_4147.jpg

There was a PhotoPass photographer in front of the tree so we stopped for a quick pic.

41933540050.jpg

We were ready to head back to the Yacht Club and debated on whether or not to take a cab. I don’t mind using Disney’s transportation but my family doesn’t like wasting time traveling so we went with a cab. We got back to the Yacht Club for a little R&R before MVMCP.

Up next: MVMCP!

TheMouseFan

I agree about the decorations at the Contemporary. I was a little disappointed by the lack of them! I'm so jealous you got to see the Wilderness Lodge all decked out. We ran out of time.:(

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom