Itinerary Cards ... What do you think?

First, I have to give credit to someone on another board for the base templates for these cards. I changed them up a bit by changing the font to Waltograph and using different clip art....but the idea came from someone else. The original templates that I received also tracked budget. There was space included for each daily budget. I thought this was a great idea. What do you think?

Also, I tried to hold them in my hand so that you can see their actual size. I printed them, laminated them and then put them on a key ring.

ItineraryCard3.jpg

ItineraryCard2.jpg

ItineraryCard.jpg

ItinerarySea.jpg

Getting some Disney Spirit

These are great! It may look like overkill for some, but it puts a little Disney in your hands now. And I don't know of anyone who wouldn't want a little Disney magic before even getting there. The vacation goes by fast enough, why not extend the vacation with projects like this to get you Disneyfied!

:sohappy::sohappy::sohappy:

Upvote 0

OhioDisneyLover

Original Poster
Thanks for the comments everyone. I appreciate all of the feedback because I'm getting great ideas from everyone...even if you're not a fan of my little cards. :) It's always nice to hear how everyone keeps track of things when they vist WDW.

For everyone that PM'd me, the template is on it's way.

Very creative and cute!

I however write my itinerary in a little notebook with my ADRs and park hours. It's simple but it works for me!

I couldn't help but notice the dates on your little cards. We'll be there Sept. 16th -26th (All Star Music).:wave:

September is my favorite time to go. Have fun at ASMu.

I think they're a neat idea, too, Ohiodisneylove! And wouldn't they look cute in your scrapbook when the trip is over? :)

Mouselvrmom, yep, that's the plan for them. They're going right into scrapbook pages.

Those look amazing!!! what materials did you use? I would really like to make them for my family when we go back, or even for friend who I know are heading down!

I reduced them to 4x6 in the print set up and then printed them on regular 8 1/2 x 11 paper. I then trimmed the paper and laminated them before punching the hole and putting them on the keyring.

Upvote 0

PrincessBitty

I'd love the template too - we always try be organized, but haven't found a great way to do it! (Plus we scrapbook every trip & they'd be a great keepsake / reference for future trips)

Thanks!!

Upvote 0

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Monty,

I too used the folded sheets with all my info but I had the horrible habit of losing them after I folded them and put them in my purse. :D I figured if I tried these since they slip nicely in my camera bag, maybe I'd have a fighting chance of finding them when I needed to. :lol:

Thanks for the feedback!

P.S. I still wish I would have said hello last February when I saw you at the PPP. DH still comments about that when we talk about the PPP and the crappy AP "special" spot for viewing.
My paper is the only thing in a pocket [the rest of my worldly goods being in a belt-pack], I manage to keep track of it ok, but by the end of the trip it's a bit too dog-eared to put in a scrapbook! :lol:

This is my sheet from my last trip [I don't have to worry about anybody calling to cancel the ADRs :lookaroun]:

itinerary.JPG

You'll recognise the date for the P&PP! :D

And yes, you should have said hi! :mad:

:ROFLOL:

Upvote 0

Disneykidder

Those cards are adorable...love the color/lamination and your planning. Font is great, too!! Then you can also keep the cards for your scrapbook.:)

I have a spreadsheet that someone sent me and I have been updating and rearranging it for my upcoming trip in August. LOVE IT!! Mine is not lanminate ready, as I am always changing/adding new things to it. I don't think I will laminate it. I will just keep it in my pocketbook or backpack.

Upvote 0

Aurora23

Very cute, I love the graphics! I type up smaller versions (credit card size) just for which days in what parks, ADRs for those days... just small reminders.

(my sister lives in Bay Village... I grew up in Brook Park. it's a small world after all... :eek:)

Upvote 0

myhappyplace

Crazy Cat Lady
Sophia, those are really cute. Do you still have my em? I would really like the template, too, when you get a chance.

I usually use different colored index cards for each park, but I usually leave them in the resort!! You're right-these would fit right in my purse! I'm like you, I had to write down what pics I wanted to be sure to take thanks to all of the amazing shots on the Pic of the Day threads that I wanted to copy.

Thanks-don't rush to do it, my next trip won't be till 2009:cry:

Upvote 0

Laura

Premium Member
My paper is the only thing in a pocket [the rest of my worldly goods being in a belt-pack], I manage to keep track of it ok, but by the end of the trip it's a bit too dog-eared to put in a scrapbook! :lol:

This is my sheet from my last trip [I don't have to worry about anybody calling to cancel the ADRs :lookaroun]:

itinerary.JPG

:ROFLOL:

What were you doing with Laura at 11 p.m.??!?!?!!

Hey - and - why don't I get military time???!?!?!?!

Upvote 0

Disneysue

In the Parks
No
I think are GREAT! I would love the template also if you please :D I'm the one who keeps track of where we go, where we eat, what time. I DEFINATELY need help! I've only been once so I need LOT of reminders of what to see and where it is. I tried to put the ADR's in my cell phone and then I forgot how I listed them :brick:

No rush to get them my next trip is not for A LONG TIME :cry::cry::cry:

Upvote 0

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
What were you doing with Laura at 11 p.m.??!?!?!!

Hey - and - why don't I get military time???!?!?!?!
I believe I was standing ten feet from an open bar while you and Rain were deciding to go twenty feet away and phone the front desk to ask if the bar was open rather than walk ten feet and ask the bartender.... :brick:

I added the meeting with you at a different time and was thinking in human time at the time. :shrug:

Upvote 0

OhioDisneyLover

Original Poster
My paper is the only thing in a pocket [the rest of my worldly goods being in a belt-pack], I manage to keep track of it ok, but by the end of the trip it's a bit too dog-eared to put in a scrapbook!

This is my sheet from my last trip [I don't have to worry about anybody calling to cancel the ADRs ]:

itinerary.JPG

Monty, I like the spreadsheet that you use. If it were not for me getting so sidetracked while roaming the parks, that would work great for me. It's sad, but I have to remind myself to check the time for parades and stuff like that. :shrug: I guess that's what happens when you get old like me. :D

Very cute, I love the graphics! I type up smaller versions (credit card size) just for which days in what parks, ADRs for those days... just small reminders.

(my sister lives in Bay Village... I grew up in Brook Park. it's a small world after all... :eek:)

Wow, someone else that knows where Bay is! We laugh because our little town has one gas station, a couple of banks and one grocery store, and one tiny shopping center....but we love it here. It is a small world, isn't it? :)

Sophia, those are really cute. Do you still have my em? I would really like the template, too, when you get a chance.

I usually use different colored index cards for each park, but I usually leave them in the resort!! You're right-these would fit right in my purse! I'm like you, I had to write down what pics I wanted to be sure to take thanks to all of the amazing shots on the Pic of the Day threads that I wanted to copy.

Thanks-don't rush to do it, my next trip won't be till 2009

Amber, they are on their way!

Those cards are adorable...love the color/lamination and your planning. Font is great, too!! Then you can also keep the cards for your scrapbook.

I have a spreadsheet that someone sent me and I have been updating and rearranging it for my upcoming trip in August. LOVE IT!! Mine is not lanminate ready, as I am always changing/adding new things to it. I don't think I will laminate it. I will just keep it in my pocketbook or backpack.

Would you mind sharing the spreadsheet? I like to see all of the tools that people use to keep organized. I will PM you my email address.

I think are GREAT! I would love the template also if you please :D I'm the one who keeps track of where we go, where we eat, what time. I DEFINATELY need help! I've only been once so I need LOT of reminders of what to see and where it is. I tried to put the ADR's in my cell phone and then I forgot how I listed them :brick:

No rush to get them my next trip is not for A LONG TIME

The templates are on their way! I tried the cell phone thing once but it didn't work for me either. :shrug:

Upvote 0

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Monty, I like the spreadsheet that you use. If it were not for me getting so sidetracked while roaming the parks, that would work great for me. It's sad, but I have to remind myself to check the time for parades and stuff like that. :shrug: I guess that's what happens when you get old like me. :D
:eek:

I'm 48!

Upvote 0

Vernonpush

I usually print out credit card sized cards with the date, all park hours, and special events (parades, fireworks, EMHs, etc.) on one side and ADRs on the back that I laminate (clear packing tape on both sides) that I am able to keep with my AP in it's holder. It's small and handy. Each day I just throw away the old one and replace it with the new one.

Upvote 0

dvcnut39

I think the cards are a great idea. After a while, you don't even need them. You just know WDW as well as you know one of your children.

Upvote 0

OhioDisneyLover

Original Poster
Please send me a template too. they look terrific!:sohappy:

Please PM me your email address and I will send the templates to you.

Ok, so I'm 46 and maybe that's not so old :ROFLOL:, unless of course you ask my nephew who asked me what it was like "back in the day." :eek: I'm 10 years older than DH so at times I DO feel old...especially when I ask him if he remembers a tv commerical or some song and looks at my like I have three heads. :ROFLOL:

Upvote 0

Elonwy

I Love the fact that they're laminated.

That would have been great for the cards I made up for the kids I was travelling with on my last trip. It was an extended family vacation with kids of all ages and some were too small or a little too timid to go on some of the big rides so I gave them all scavenger hunt cards for every park.

It was just a checklist to find things in each park so they were entertained...funny story, for MGM I asked them to find a sorcerer Mickey hat that was too big for Mickey to wear. They looked in every gift shop on the street and passed the giant hat twice before one of the little ones clued in that we were standing under it. :)

Laminating would have definately helped as they were pulled in and out of little pockets all day.

A couple of the adults even got in on it finding some of the things.

Upvote 0

rickarenu91

could you post the template info?

I would like the template for what you did......that was really cute!! Also, where do you find the font Waltograph???????? I was looking for something similar to that for my scrapbook, but never could come up with anything close. Is it possible just to post the information on here, as I don't really want to put out my email address based on the last persons comment and now I'm paranoid :eek: LOL Thanks!

Upvote 0

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
I would like the template for what you did......that was really cute!! Also, where do you find the font Waltograph???????? I was looking for something similar to that for my scrapbook, but never could come up with anything close. Is it possible just to post the information on here, as I don't really want to put out my email address based on the last persons comment and now I'm paranoid :eek: LOL Thanks!
Click this link to download Waltograph font.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom