Trip Report It feels like the first time... Feels like the very first time *completed*

LisaBelle

At one point, I grabbed the want and did it back to her and she said "you can't turn me into a princess, mommy. I'm ALREADY a princess!!"

:inlove: LOVE LOVE LOVE this!!!!

She ended up buying Tinkerbell shoes and needed to start wearing them IMMEDIATELY. So we sat in the entrance to WoD and put them on

Another flashback to our first trip when our daughter was 4. On our first MK day we walked through the Emporium on our way out of the park for our afternoon break. We purchased a fancy Cinderella nightgown (I refused to pay for the full-on princess dress so we told her the nightgown was a real princess dress :cautious:), a Cinderella tiara and a pair of Cinderella shoes. She had to change immediately. She was sooo tired from our first morning in the MK she fell asleep almost immediately after climbing into the car to return to our resort. I have a picture of her asleep in her car seat wearing her Cinderella ensemble. One of my favorite Disney memories :happy:!

She drew herself dancing with Rapunzel and swimming with Ariel. And she drew me, picking up her toys :cautious::cautious:

:inlove: Priceless!!!

Songbird76

Well whoops....I can see how that would seem like it comes from DME .. sorry :joyfull::joyfull:

I think thats why I like Buzz so much. Old school technology making it kind of difficult haha. Well that and I'm super competitive so any game is a delight for me!
This explains so much!! I thought it was at DME, too, and I didn't remember seeing it. Granted we've only stayed on property the one time, and we took DME TO Disney, but then stayed with friends afterwards and didn't do DME back, so we've only been there the once, but I could not for the life of me remember seeing it there. I was thinking I'd have to pay better attention next time we go. Now I know where to look!! Thanks, @DisneyBound2017 !

Songbird76

Day one continued- Disney Springs

As our bus was pulling away, I saw a Pop Century bus coming around the corner and I got really excited. I know this. I can fix this. We don't have to wait a half an hour for another bus!! D looks at me like I'm absolutely insane when I suggest we take a bus to a different resort, so I tell him he has to trust me because I read about this on the internet and everything you read on the internet is true!!
13ccmx.jpg

So we get on the Pop Century bus, and A breaks out her magic wand and starts turning everyone into a princess. She gets to this guy who is sitting next to us...

A: bidditty boppity BOOP!! You're a beautiful princess!!

Guy: uh... I'm a guy, so I'm a prince....

A: you're not a prince!! You're a princess!! Look at the pretty dress I gave you!!

Guy: :cautious::cautious::cautious:

Oops!!

So we get to Pop and D decides to use the bathroom before we endeavor on such a long walk (even though I told him the distance from the Pop bus stop is almost the same as from our own), so A and I hit the cafeteria to grab a tie-dye cheesecake.
View attachment 253003

It tasted like cheesecake. Like really expensive, colorful cheesecake. I wouldn't get this again because it's such a tiny portion but the taste was good.

We walked over the bridge (which we had a minute of panic when we saw all the construction walls and thought the bridge was closed) and took a peaceful stroll around the lake, got to our room, and went to bed.

We both agreed that we could both be happy never, ever going to Disney Springs again.
Aw....curmudgeony guy!! My husband would have asked for more glitters on his princess dress, and reminded her to make his hair long.

What did D say about the walk once you made it back to your room?

Songbird76

Day two - Epcot

I woke up around 7am, well before my alarm. Between the squealing of the air conditioner and the toddler feet in my face, I definitely wasn't getting back to sleep. I read my book and let the family sleep until around 8:30. I thought D would be grateful for the extra sleep, but he woke up irritated that I let him sleep so long:hilarious::hilarious::banghead::banghead:

We got to the bus stop around 9:00 as a bus was pulling up, and A played with her magic wand while we waited for a wheelchair to load up
View attachment 253009
We got to Epcot at 9:20 but it took forever to get through security. By forever, I mean twenty minutes :hilarious::hilarious: but, still. We hopped in line for a photopass photographer who was growing more and more aggravated by all the people who kept photobombing his spot every time he turned around
View attachment 253011

Even though the Nemo ride is pretty much the same as the Little Mermaid ride that caused hysteria, we had a fastpass so I felt like we at least had to try. I'm almost positive that if she would just get on the ride, she would enjoy it!! When we got back to the Seas Pavilion we stopped for another photographer
View attachment 253012

We got to the ride and A was so excited about the MINE MINE MINE seagulls, but the minute she saw the queue the game was up. She was not having it at all. LE SIGH!!

So after wasting twenty minutes, we ended up right where we started: at the park entrance to meet Daisy Duck. This was a moment of truth, because I had no idea if she would be okay with the mascot type characters. And.... She did great!! She spent the whole time showing Daisy her shoes and telling her about her new Tinkerbell shoes back at the hotel
View attachment 253013
View attachment 253014

On our way back into the park we found a really short line for a photopass photographer, so we hopped in. A couple more people walked up behind us and the photographer seemed a little flustered and told them that they were the last people she would photograph because she needed to be at the front gate a few minutes ago. We had no idea if she saw us in line, but the minute she turned around to finish with who she was working with, the people who had walked up behind us were joined by four more people and hopped in front of us. :eek::eek:

When they were done the photographer looked at us and I said "I'm so sorry, we don't mean to hold you up, but we were waiting in line before them" and she just nodded and waved us in front of the giant golf ball.
View attachment 253015

Then she told A to hold out her hand and look into her palm. She's two, so she takes everything very literal so she put her head almost in her hands. The photographer, who was running late, said "close enough!!" And this us what we got :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:
View attachment 253019
A is really a shoe girl, isn't she!
I love that in that last picture, A is holding Tink, and D's shirt makes it look like he's holding muppets. It took me a minute to figure out it was on his tshirt. I thought the photographer had missed and put them in your husband's arms instead of in A's hand. Then I saw Tink and did a doubletake.

21stamps

Day two - Epcot continued

The Morocco pavilion was incredibly charming. The delicious smells from the Tangerine Cafe wafting over us as we explored the mosaic "mosque" was enchanting.
View attachment 253073
View attachment 253074

It didn't feel like we were in Morocco, per see, or the Middle East; it felt very much like we'd stepped into Agrabah. The details were stunning at every country we visited, but they all felt this way to us. Not disingenuous, necessarily, but..... They felt like movie sets. Disney obviously bright all the best and most iconic things about each country to it's pavilion, which I totally understand, but it all felt like we were walking through a Fairytale, not a country. The pavilions lacked the soul, and depth, and chaos of their countries. I'm not sure what Disney was going for when they built the World Showcase, but if they were going for a story book romantic feeling, they nailed it. If they were going for realistic, they probably need to add street markets and street food kiosks (Germany, for example, has some of the best street food carts I've ever tasted).

It was lovely strolling through this idealistic version of Morocco though. And we did stroll through it three or four times before we finally stopped and asked someone where the heck was Jasmine :hilarious::hilarious: It turned out that she wasn't meeting until 11:45, which was a twenty minute wait. I didn't want to backtrack, so even though it put us behind "schedule" we decided to wait by the blue door. While we were waiting, a friendly cast member came out to invite A inside to color.

One of the details that most impressed us about Epcot was how they staffed each pavilion with cast members from that country/region! We had expected the guys in the Moroccan pavilion to be Central or South American, because that's who they use in most of the movies when they want to portray Arabs. But we were pleasantly surprised to find that they were genuinely Moroccan/Middle Eastern and spoke Arabic. And the ladies we met in the French pavilion spoke French beautifully. This was a very thoughtful and deliberate touch, in my opinion.

So A goes in the shop to color with D and the cast member was incredibly sweet with her. He played with her, and helped her with the markers, and told her about the history of the decorations on the wall, and even wrote her name in Arabic on the back of the bear she was coloring. And he helped her find the first ornament for our chip and Dale game card!!
View attachment 253076
Around 11:35 a cast member opened the blue door and ushered us inside the meet and greet area. The line behind us by now was incredibly long and we were glad we had waited because we would have had a much longer wait I'd we had back tracked. The only thing was that they made us pull her away from coloring TEN minutes before we could expect to see Jasmine.

The only way we could keep her quiet in the queue was to break out D's phone and fill around with snap chat filters
View attachment 253086
View attachment 253088

And Jasmine was late. Over five minutes late. The cast member made up this story about how she was flying her magic carpet and couldn't find a parking space :hilarious::hilarious: it was really cute. So keep in mind that there are a million people behind us, we've all been waiting forever, and Jasmine is really late. Of course, in a situation like that, this was bound to be the time A would spend the MOST time with the character....

View attachment 253090
Obviously she started by showing Jasmine her shoes:cautious::cautious: and telling her about her Tinkerbell shoes back at the hotel "and I like to STOMP in them and splash water in you and get you all wet!! And I'm going to climb up the tower in your castle and STOMP MY TINKERBELL SHOES!!"
View attachment 253091
"Your dress is so pretty! I have a pretty dress too, but I don't have your dress. I want a Jasmine dress, and an Ariel swimsuit. The mailman has to bring me an Ariel swimsuit. You can't be on my swimsuit, but the mailman has to bring me a Jasmine dress. And a Tinkerbell dress! And some cookies!!"

"Okay, A, she's not Santa Claus, she's Jasmine...."

"Oh, is quite alright! I'll tell my friend genie all about your wishes! He was wishes come true! Perhaps he can bring you a Jasmine dress!!"

"NO!! THE MAILMAN HAS TO BRING IT!!"

(side note: I feel really bad for our mailman. A figured out pretty early in that the mailman brought packages and her princess dresses always came in those packages. Now whenever she sees his truck, she hunts him down and interrogates him about where her dresses are :oops::oops:)

View attachment 253093
View attachment 253094

T hasn’t wanted to meet Jasmine, but Morocco is our FAVORITE section of the World Showcase. Tangerine Cafe our favorite QS in Disney. The music, the smells, the Turkish coffee that I always have to buy.. I could spend all day in that pavilion.

I agree with you on the feel of the countries, they definitely went for the fairytale version.

I love the shoe excitement from A!

:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

No, California! But in my defense we were coming from 22* weather and I hadn't had time to acclimate!!

Yeah, no. It’s still not hot.lol. You sound like my kid! What’s wrong with you crazy people?!?! ;)
T can swim in 80 degree weather.. no thanks!
He hates Florida during the summer...I hate anything less than 87 degrees.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom