Trip Report It feels like the first time... Feels like the very first time *completed*

21stamps

Day two - Epcot continued

Okay, so here's where we do the MOST stereotypical American touristy thing we possibly could have (sorry in advance to everyone, because this is really really bad)....

Meeting Jasmine took forever and that threw a wrench into everything else. By the time we left Morocco it was just past noon, and the times guide showed that Mulan met at noon. Our fastpass for Frozen Ever After started at 12:35, and the World Showcase was getting pretty crowded, and it was getting hotter and hotter (like, at least 74* by now, @21stamps ) so we made a new plan on the fly... We'd meet Mulan and the Frozen sisters and just take a cursory stop into the other countries and then leave.

In my haste, I led my family into the depths of the next pavilion. The Asian architecture was stunning and all the artifacts and crafts were really interesting. It wasn't until we got all the way to the back of the pavilion and asked an artist where Mulan met that we realized........ We were in Japan :banghead::banghead: We felt so stupid. Of course we couldn't find Mulan... She's in the CHINA pavilion :banghead::banghead: Oh, man, that was humiliating.

Oh well, at least we found another ornament for our scavenger hunt... Our game card was looking extremely bare.

It was past noon, and that meant our fastpass window was opening soon. All three of us were burned out, so we decided to separate. I had to try the firenog, which was a holiday offering in the America pavilion, but we also just wanted to meet the last three princesses and get out of the park. So we buckled A into the stroller and D and her took off to China (the right China, this time:banghead::banghead:) while I hunted down the holiday kiosk in America.
View attachment 253115
Guys. This was so good. SO GOOD. From here on out, fireball whiskey and good egg nog are both going to be on my holiday shopping list. If you like egg nog, you're not going to regret adding some cinnamony goodness. You might regret spending $10 for a small cup of it in Epcot, though :hilarious::hilarious:

I took a quick stroll through Bavaria and finished off my firenog (again, very cute and I loved the details, but definitely felt more like stepping into Goldilocks and the Three Bears than actual Germany) and then caught up to my family in line for Mulan ( who was very easy to find in the China pavilion).

Mulan was apparently not very believable, because the whole time in line A kept pestering me about where is Mulan and why wasn't she here and why was that lady dressed up like Mulan and did the mailman have her Mulan dress. That didn't stop her from showing the lady in the Mulan dress her shoes, though :hilarious::hilarious:
View attachment 253121
View attachment 253122
View attachment 253123

The China pavilion also had this beautiful little creek with a quiet shady trail that nobody seemed to bother with. So we hung out there for a little bit and took some selfies

View attachment 253124

Then we headed off to the Norway pavilion where things REALLY went sideways

All of your photos are great, but this is my favorite batch so far!

21stamps

Day two - Epcot continued

My daughter was a late bloomer when it comes to watching television. Now, she'll get all dressed up in her princess attire after school and demand to watch "her shows"
View attachment 253131

But until she was almost two years old she wouldn't sit and watch any shows. It drove me crazy. All my friends could plop their toddlers in front of Daniel Tiger or Moana and catch a few minutes alone to just breathe and decompress. I'm not saying I needed that every day, but parenting is hard and sometimes you just need fifteen minutes without a tiny person trying to crawl back inside you :hilarious::hilarious:

So when A came home from school knowing half the words to Let It Go, I wished on a lucky star and downloaded the movie. She was entranced. Mesmerized. This little girl who wouldn't sit through even three minutes of any other show sat through Frozen from start to finish. Frozen started it all. Anna and Elsa were her first princess dresses (and shoes). Sure, her love of princesses has expanded greatly over the last year, but Frozen lit that fire.

So a year ago I got up with only one thought in my mind.... I was going to get that little girl to Disney, and she was going to meet the Frozen sisters and ride the Frozen ride and be in absolute heaven. I wasn't worried about the meet and greet because I knew there were multiple sets of princesses meeting and the wait times rarely went above 20 minutes even on the crowdest days. But I was worried about the ride because it broke down so often, and we only had one day in Epcot to make this happen.

So we head over to Norway and onto the porch for the little Norwegian cottage where the Frozen sisters met. I hadn't even looked at the wait times as we walked up because I wasn't worried about it at all. But then the line didn't move, so I checked the app. What?!?! 55 minutes?!??! I'm sure that's just exaggerated, so I checked the Lines app from Touring Plans.... 47 minutes :cry::cry: Guys.... I can't. I can't even. There's no way. We're so tired and burned out and hot and the kid just wants to go swimming, and we'd miss our fastpass window completely.

So we get out of line and head on over to Frozen Ever After, which had a wait time of over two hours!! The little fastpass Mickey turns green for us and we head into the dark queue, but A is surprisingly doing REALLY great. She's so excited to see Elsa and Anna and reindeer Sven and Olaf... She's so excited. And I kept telling her that this was her ONLY chance to see Elsa and Anna, and it was just a boat trip through Arendale and she could see everyone!!

We get into the boat (we're in the boat guys, this is really happening, this is REALLY happening!!!!) And she starts screaming and flailing and yelling and has completely surpassed the panic of Santa. She's gone past full Santa level hysterics. The cast member leans over tentatively and says... Are you guys okay.....? No. We have to get out of the boat :cry::cry: Another cast member comes up and asks A if she's afraid of the dark and offers her a flashlight, but A won't stop panicking. I keep telling A that the only way she can see the Frozen sisters is by getting back on that boat. The cast member walks us over to where people were getting off the ride and asks us to wait for her there.

A has stopped screaming and flailing but she is still crying, and I'm starting to cry too. In front of hundreds of strangers I'm failing to keep it together. Elsa and Anna were the only reason we started planning this Disney trip and I failed at getting her in to see them. She had been talking about hugging Elsa for months and I kept telling her we for sure would, but I failed her. The only chance we had now was to wait with an overwhelmed husband and an overstimulated toddler for an hour... And I just couldn't. So I'm standing there with tears coming down my face holding a toddler who just keeps repeating "I don't want the boat, I don't want to see Elsa if I have to get on the boat" feeling like an utter failure when the cast member walks up with three anytime any attraction fast passes for us. I knew there was no way we were coming back to the boat ride, but I thanked her profusely for them anyway and we headed back into the bright afternoon sun.

D had the bright idea that we should go see if the fastpasses would work on the meet and greet, so with a hail Mary we headed back to the Norwegian cottage hopeful for a bucket of pixie dust. Nope. Not a chance. No fastpasses for the meet and greet, but the line was down to only ten minutes!!!:eek::eek:

View attachment 253132
View attachment 253133

A: you're on my swimsuit and I'm going to wear it later, but the mailman is bringing me an Ariel swimsuit and you can't be on that one

Elsa: well...... That's a new one.....

A: I have that dress at my hotel.... It's with my Tinkerbell shoes...

Me: :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

View attachment 253135
View attachment 253136

So with my daughter's childhood salvaged and my parenting redeemed, we were all in much better spirits when we left the Frozen sisters. I briefly considered using the anywhere anytime fastpasses to visit Minnie again because A loved her so much, but we really just needed to leave the park and decompress. Epcot was extremely crowded by now to the point it was difficult to navigate the stroller.

While D took A to go strap her into the stroller, I walked back to the FEA queue. The posted wait time was now 135 minutes. I saw a mom and her two daughters entering the standby line. The youngest was clearly just as strung out as my daughter, even though she was a couple years older. The teenager looked bored and like she'd rather be anywhere but waiting for a Frozen ride for two hours. So I walked up to them as the Mom was telling her teenager "look, we promised she could ride this...." And I handed them our three fastpass tickets. The teenager got really excited, the little girl started jumping up and down, and the Mom had tears in her eyes. I get you, lady, I really do
hunger-games-katniss-salute.jpg

I just said, Merry Christmas, and walked away. We stopped by the store to turn in our pathetically empty game board
View attachment 253137
And then we got the heck out of dodge :hilarious::hilarious:

A made sure to tell our bus driver "I have Tinkerbell shoes at the hotel and they're so pretty!! You drive me back to the hotel so I can wear them!!" Hey bear, you have to say please or you sound bossy.... "PLEASE!!!"

I just went thru so many emotions reading this post. I’m so glad that A was able to do the M&G!!!.. and Wow, what a great thing to give your FPs to that family. Hope you wore a Santa hat the rest of the day!

MegRuss626

I just went thru so many emotions reading this post. I’m so glad that A was able to do the M&G!!!.. and Wow, what a great thing to give your FPs to that family. Hope you wore a Santa hat the rest of the day!

I did too!!! I cheered out loud when I saw the picture of her with Anna and proceeded to tell my husband the story. We’re taking our daughter next December (she'll be 1.5 for the trip) for a long weekend to the Magic Kingdom because she absolutely lights up at the sight of Mickey and her dad decided she needs to meet the talking Mickey. After I told him your story, I said that'll be our luck next year!

Zipadeelady

She pretty much lives in them now. And she's found this fairy dress and deemed it her Tinkerbell dress which is great because it saves me from having to buy her an actual Tinkerbell dress
View attachment 253143
:hilarious:

This phase is awesome! One of my daughters would only wear dresses for quite some time. She also refused to wear one piece bathing suits. They always had to be two pieces. :happy: Girls.... They'll drive you nuts!

21stamps

I did too!!! I cheered out loud when I saw the picture of her with Anna and proceeded to tell my husband the story. We’re taking our daughter next December (she'll be 1.5 for the trip) for a long weekend to the Magic Kingdom because she absolutely lights up at the sight of Mickey and her dad decided she needs to meet the talking Mickey. After I told him your story, I said that'll be our luck next year!

Parenting regret- I didn’t allow my son to watch tv or movies until he was 3&1/2 . He missed out on the excitement of characters at the toddler stage. I always feel a little guilty about that when seeing other children’s excitement.

I can’t wait to read your report! All of this girl stuff is so awesome to me!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom