ISTCrew's May 11th WDW Update

ISTCrew20

Original Poster
unkadug said:
The artwork on that cookie looks really cool.
Question: Is it a really big cookie, or a really small plate?
The cookie is about half the size of one of those big Tollhouse cookies.

It was in a press release that Disney will have special food offerings for the Happiest Celebration on Earth. Hopefully more of this type stuff with be made. All I have seen so far is HCOE chocolates in tins.

Disneyland though has an exclusive Coke bottle (avaliable on at DLR) and a HCOE Tinkerbell frozen fruit drink.

mkepcotmgmak

excellent Mullet shot with Lucky!

Nothing on the menu at Studio Catering looked appetizing to me, but i'm glad to see Disney offering their guests much more of a variety at QSF&B!

Joevn

Great update as usual, Patrick...even the ones about the changes in bags and cups...I notice and keep some of that stuff as well. :)

I'll be visiting the world next week and will keep my eye out for you. :wave:

Thanks again for the updates!
Joe

nfeagle5

imagineer99 said:
Honestly, how large of a rock do you have to live under not to hear of a gyro? I thought that was as conventional as pizza. :shrugs:

Up here in Western NY, we dont have Gyro's and if we do, i have yet to see them. As a matter of fact i know no-one that has tried a Gyro ortold me to try 1

1disneydood

Gyro.jpg

MKCP 1985

1stStarIC2nite said:
OMG THE HAIR!!!! :lol: I can't believe I missed it the first time (see Lucky picture)..
:lol: Tell the truth, Patrick - you were taking a photo of that Mullet, and were surprised to see Lucky in the background! :lol: :lol: That has to be linked to the Mullets thread in Chit Chat . . . :)

Gucci65 said:
Okay......what is Hummus? Anyone?????

As a CM at the Harbour House that question ranks right up there with 'Where's the restroom?' lol Only it's more fun when they mispronounce hummus. I say it's a chick pea spread, or simply put it's vegetarian.
I agree that I wouldn't eat anything at studio catering but I'm glad that they have more QSR offerings. I mean the Harbour House doesn't have that exciting of a menu but people always compliment it saying it is a relief from hot dogs and hamburgers.

speck76

What is Hummus?

The most popular food to emerge from the Mediterranean and Middle East regions is Hummus - an exotic blend of pureed chickpeas, lemon, sesame tahini, oil, and spices with added flavors such as roasted garlic, roasted red peppers, scallion and dill.

Hummus (pronounced Hum-es) is traditionally used as a dip with Pita bread, crackers or fresh cut veggies. Many people use hummus as a spread on sandwiches (instead of high cholesterol mayonnaise), as a topping on broiled fish or chicken, on baked potatoes instead of sour cream, or as the main ingredient in a vegetarian sandwich.

Hummus contains no saturated fat, no cholesterol or sugars and is high in protein and fiber. Unlike many foods that are good for you, hummus also tastes great. It is a perfect food for anyone who is concerned about eating well or who is on a low cholesterol diet and doesn't want to sacrifice flavor.

The Hummus story:

400 BC - Plato and Socrates write about the benefits of Hummus in their diets.

1200 AD - Mediterranean countries list Hummus as a staple.

1910 - Waves of immigrants bring Hummus to America.

1981 - Some regional brands of Hummus appear in supermarkets.

Gucci65

SpaceRangrQueen said:
As a CM at the Harbour House that question ranks right up there with 'Where's the restroom?' lol Only it's more fun when they mispronounce hummus. I say it's a chick pea spread, or simply put it's vegetarian.
I agree that I wouldn't eat anything at studio catering but I'm glad that they have more QSR offerings. I mean the Harbour House doesn't have that exciting of a menu but people always compliment it saying it is a relief from hot dogs and hamburgers.

How do you pronounce hummus?

Magic

I have been a lurker on this site for quite a while. I have always gathered the great information from ISTCREW and dispensed it to my family. I meam everything from new napkins to details on Mission Space. It was quite funny a couple weekends back we were in line for Soarin' and I was giving her the lowdown on the ride and its possible future. My wife heard the people behind us discussing what we were talking about and she then stated that she thinks she found someone that knows more about Disney than I do :).

Anyways, after talking to this person for a bit I realized I was talking to IST. It was just kind of funny that I picked up on it. Small World after all. Anyways, I decided to not be a lurker on this site anymore and start posting. Keep the info flowing IST.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom