ISTCrew's May 11th WDW Update

Sir Hiss527

ISTCrew20 said:
Yea lol. I have been working there since last November. I have a picture in my album of me at work.

Yea, it's been a while...since I've actually sat down and stayed on the boards for hours. Oh, by the way during that Christmas special, I thought I recognized you in that picture, then I saw it in your albums.

ROTM

All the money you make from you're job goes rigt back into the parks :lol:
Appreciate the time and effort to bring us a quality update. Thanks Patrick :sohappy:

BTW where has you're crew been lately? (Tiffany & Tamarra)

PhotoDave219

General Grizz said:
Great update! I am very curious to see what's going on at the DVC booth.

I hope they make it taller. I whacked my head on the concrete last month because i forgot to duck. Then i said some very undisneylike things....

1disneydood

Awesome pics. I wonder if that person knows what their head loks like from behind? :lol: Reminds me of the rear of a mule with a bad collick problem. :lol:

But anyway I noticed something in the Everest pic. Is that the beginnings of the twisted gnarled track coming out the mountain that I keep hearing will be in the ride? It looks that way to me. :slurp:

barnum42

More kudos for the photos :D Nice to see that The Studios finally has a place I may enjoy eating. Let the revolution to eat something other than burgers and chicken strips continue :D

ctwhalerman

Wow cool photos...

I'm actually astonished that theres something on a menu for only $1.79!!!!! So much for the expensive Disney meal...soon I'll have to actually buy stuff if they remain that cheap!!!:hammer:

ISTCrew20

Original Poster
ROTM said:
All the money you make from you're job goes rigt back into the parks :lol:
Appreciate the time and effort to bring us a quality update. Thanks Patrick :sohappy:

BTW where has you're crew been lately? (Tiffany & Tamarra)
You're not kidding lol.

About my 'crew' haha...

Tamara came with me to the parks last week
Tifani is busy working (Ghiradhelli at Downtown Disney)

barnum42

dxwwf3 said:
I HIGHLY doubt you'll see me eat at the Studio Catering Co. anytime in the remote future :lol:

There are some nice items that I've only heard of from Seinfeld though: Gyros and Hummus.
Go on - give your taste buds a treat. If you have not tried it, don't knock it. I love finding new flavours to try. Though I will admit that I steer away from very hot foods.

ctwhalerman

dxwwf3 said:
There are some nice items that I've only heard of from Seinfeld though: Gyros and Hummus.

Yummy...Gyros are really good! I absolutely love them up here in New York, so hopefully the studios can sell them from an ugly place on New York Street...err Big City Street or whatever...they are actually really good, plus anything sampled on Seinfeld is worth a try, I mean I'd even try the Dream Cafe if I had a chance...

ctwhalerman

or maybe they could just sell those great gyros at Epcot in a new ethnic pavilion, along with some soup, a parking space, and some pez.....wow its early!..SORRY!

PhilharMagician

The rockwork on EE looks great. I see that they have removed the walk planks from the lower scaffolding. Maybe we will start to see some on the scaffolding being removed.

How much of the total rockwork is done at this point?

imagineer99

The new menu offerings at the Studio Catering company look great. I'm actually quite excited about this. Finally something other than burgers, hot dogs, pizza, chicken fingers, and sandwiches.

Honestly, how large of a rock do you have to live under not to hear of a gyro? I thought that was as conventional as pizza. :shrugs:

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
PhotoDave219 said:
I hope they make it taller. I whacked my head on the concrete last month because i forgot to duck. Then i said some very undisneylike things....
i do that when walking thru turnstyles............ i hate those things, if you are 5'9" like i am, that bar lines up perfect.............

thanks for the pictoral update patrick.
PhilharMagician said:
The rockwork on EE looks great. I see that they have removed the walk planks from the lower scaffolding. Maybe we will start to see some on the scaffolding being removed.

im not sure, but id hate to be the poor soul who has to get all those "arms" for the planks out of the rock work. id like to see how that is done and then see how they patch the little hole

Gucci65

Okay......what is Hummus? Anyone?????

Nice update Patrick. b/t/w - wasn't Tiffany working before at the Emporium?

ISTCrew20

Original Poster
PhilharMagician said:

I was surpised to see that almost the ENTIRE back of the mountain has brown rockwork done. It can be seen going over the hill (if you are on the bus) heading to AK. I'll post a picture later.

As far as food goes, I'm all for Disney trying to change their QSR offerings (with Tomorrowland Terrace Noodle Station, Sunshine Seasons, and Studio Catering Co.)

I am a really picky eater, and I love anything salty, cheesy, or fried. I decided to give Sunshine Seasons a chance. The only thing that remotely interested me was the kids chicken leg with mashed potatoes. The potatoes had the peel in them, and they were ok. Chicken was chicken.

Tifani (who eats much healthier than me) had a grilled veggie sandwich. She really liked it. I, on the other hand would of been happy with a burger and fries.

I'm not complaining, I just like what I like lol. It's really good to have variety in the parks. I'm pretty sure Everest will bring in this new style food offering to AK so that there will be an upscale QS resturaunt in every park.

ISTCrew20

Original Poster
Gucci65 said:
Okay......what is Hummus? Anyone?????

Nice update Patrick. b/t/w - wasn't Tiffany working before at the Emporium?
Yea, but due to scheduling problems, she was taken off the schedule for a little while. She finds it much more flexible at Ghirradhelli (I really got to find out how to spell that right.) She is going back to become an 'official' Disney Castmember in August.

Gucci65

I couldn't work there. I would be to tempted to sample. :slurp:

Until you said Tifani would become an official CM again, I hadn't really thought about Ghrriab......... not being staffed by CM's.

Is school done for the year in Florida (curious since you on online during a weekday)?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom